Could This Be What The Mwo Timber Wolf Looks Like?

42 replies to this topic

#21 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:27 AM

View PostLakeDaemon, on 25 June 2013 - 07:51 AM, said:

Na, maddog is what beaker-born clan garbage call it. Poor creatures have no choice because they're soulless, fatherless freaks mass produced like Big Macs. VULTURE is what humanity calls that mech.

If only we were all so blatantly arrogant.

#22 Filth Pig

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:36 AM

View PostValdor Constantine, on 21 June 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

If I was the Timberwolf pilot I'd curbstomp the wolfhound and finish off that POS Banshee with SRMs up the ***.

And because of the current state of SRM's the banshee would just laugh at you and continue to ppc the **** out of you.

#23 Tannhauser Gate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:18 AM

View PostKelesK, on 26 June 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

If only we were all so blatantly arrogant.

((Just some rp trash talk. <_< I expect to receive it in kind. Makes things more fun))

#24 TELEFORCE

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

The Mad Dog was created by the Smoke Jaguars and named as such to insult my beloved Wolf Clan. They even used the same tooling for the leg assembly!

Fortunately, the Jaguars didn't live much longer after Revival. Hehe. Hehe.

Edited by TELEFORCE, 26 June 2013 - 07:53 PM.

#25 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

View PostLakeDaemon, on 26 June 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

((Just some rp trash talk. :) I expect to receive it in kind. Makes things more fun))

It's okay then since this 'humanity' you speak of will be assimilated/removed shortly. <_<

Edited by KelesK, 01 July 2013 - 08:13 PM.

#26 PyreLlght

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:22 AM

I've always loved and preferred the Steve Venters version of the Mad Cat / Timberwolf.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#27 Pinselborste

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:42 AM

the arms of the Timberwolf are just ugly, they look like someone took parts of a vacuum cleaner and tried to make mech arms.

#28 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:12 AM

View PostPinselborste, on 06 July 2013 - 08:42 AM, said:

the arms of the Timberwolf are just ugly, they look like someone took parts of a vacuum cleaner and tried to make mech arms.

Guess the Mad 3R Marauder was made by Hoover instead of GM then, since it has similar arms lol.

#29 Pinselborste

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:26 AM

View PostJason Radick, on 06 July 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

Guess the Mad 3R Marauder was made by Hoover instead of GM then, since it has similar arms lol.

maybe those mechs are built by Dyson, since they dont loose power over time :)

#30 Snowcrow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:34 AM

Oh god yes... love me some madcat action

#31 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:24 AM

It is me, or the Alpha Strike Timberwolf looks like very "MWOized"? It fits perfectly,about me. :D
And.. Its arms are not ugly, Quiaff? QUIAFF?

#32 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,657 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:18 PM

If it looked anything like that in MWO, I'd jump towards the nearest Clan ship possible (If I felt like it).

Edited by Will9761, 10 August 2013 - 10:34 AM.

#33 Clementine

• PipPipPip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:24 AM

I will pay any amount of MC necessary to once again pilot the TimberWolf as I first did when I was 9 for MW2 The renditions are still amazing, just so long as the beast comes with the two LRM 20 capable pods as was the case in MW2. Clan-Innersphere..who cares. See you on the battlefield.

#34 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:55 PM

OverForkOver did some rather impressive Mad Cat kit-bashes over on the NGNG forum. :P

#35 Gaan Cathal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:20 AM

View PostFilth Pig, on 26 June 2013 - 08:36 AM, said:

And because of the current state of SRM's the banshee would just laugh at you and continue to ppc the **** out of you.

Except those are SSRM6s. That's 60 damage (spread, granted) without hit detection issues, assuming extrapolation from current ingame numbers. That'll end up being ~7-12 damage to the CT per volley, depending on relative positioning.

Also, I really do hope he follows that design ethos for the MW:O version, it looks far more appropriate to the general look of the game than the rather cartoony alternatives. I'm still really wanting to see his take on the Mad Dog/Vulture.

#36 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

View PostGaan Cathal, on 07 October 2013 - 04:20 AM, said:

Except those are SSRM6s. That's 60 damage (spread, granted) without hit detection issues, assuming extrapolation from current ingame numbers. That'll end up being ~7-12 damage to the CT per volley, depending on relative positioning.

Also, I really do hope he follows that design ethos for the MW:O version, it looks far more appropriate to the general look of the game than the rather cartoony alternatives. I'm still really wanting to see his take on the Mad Dog/Vulture.

Hmm....

#37 TychoTheItinerant

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:12 AM

The "rounded" look is really pointless, as aerodynamics hardly matter at the speeds most mechs travel at. Having lots of flat faces makes a lot more sense, for applying armor, attaching components, shunting off damage and so on. I look at the old "rounded" MadCat (Timberwolf, whatever you vatbabies) and it seriously looks like someone chopped off the nose and front fuselage of a World War 2 era aircraft and stuck it on a pair of legs, tacked on some missile racks and "Lost in Space" robot arms with BIG GENERIC GUN-THINGS on the ends. I never understood the furious amount of wanking people did over that mech.

Also, imagine how easy it's gonna be to kill those damn things, since they run 375XLs by default and have those big "ears" that, unlike the Catapult, are RT/LT.

Edited by TychoTheItinerant, 12 October 2013 - 12:15 AM.

#38 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:27 PM

View PostTychoTheItinerant, on 12 October 2013 - 12:12 AM, said:

and have those big "ears" that, unlike the Catapult, are RT/LT.

In the TT. In MW4 they had separate hitboxes, which work better IMO in a real time game.
And if i am not wrong the Clan XL engines take less space so is harder to crit it.

#39 TychoTheItinerant

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:24 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 12 October 2013 - 02:27 PM, said:

In the TT. In MW4 they had separate hitboxes, which work better IMO in a real time game.
And if i am not wrong the Clan XL engines take less space so is harder to crit it.

I personally like the "separate hitbox" idea, but chances of PGI doing that when they could have damn well done it already with the Hunchie look very slim, don't you think? And Clan XLs are smaller, yes, but they're still not immune to death by side-torso.

#40 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:50 AM

View PostTychoTheItinerant, on 12 October 2013 - 06:24 PM, said:

I personally like the "separate hitbox" idea, but chances of PGI doing that when they could have damn well done it already with the Hunchie look very slim, don't you think? And Clan XLs are smaller, yes, but they're still not immune to death by side-torso.

Oh well i think the Timberwolf is quite a different matter than the Hunchback. If you hit the hunch you effectively hit the side torso. But if you hit a missile launcher, you shouldn't hite the side torso of the 'Mech... The catapult, in fact, has its launchers as arms. The TW has "real" arms so they should have separated hitboxes :D

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users