Could This Be What The Mwo Timber Wolf Looks Like?

42 replies to this topic

#41 TychoTheItinerant

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 13 October 2013 - 08:50 AM, said:

Oh well i think the Timberwolf is quite a different matter than the Hunchback. If you hit the hunch you effectively hit the side torso. But if you hit a missile launcher, you shouldn't hite the side torso of the 'Mech... The catapult, in fact, has its launchers as arms. The TW has "real" arms so they should have separated hitboxes ;)

Again, SHOULD have. I agree with you. But PGI has demonstrated zero intent to implement this with mechs that are ALREADY in play. I shudder to think how fast XL engines will become suicidal propositions in the Phoenix mechs, as many of them have shoulder-racks for weaponry that beg to be shot off. Then again, given how inept PGI is at actually assigning hitboxes (Spiders, Cents, Ravens and so on) the Phoenix mechs might not have any "problems" at all due to the deus ex machina of sloppy PGI coding.

#42 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:04 AM

Who ever imagined that the Timber Wolf looked like this was right on the ball:
Posted Image

It's almost similar to the image shown above.

Posted Image

Edited by Will9761, 16 December 2013 - 10:04 AM.

#43 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:39 AM

Wait a moment!!

Now that you put this comparison i finally did notice one thing that i really do not like - Where are the stravag bird-like lges?! :lol: I really hoped Alex would have not chosen to follow the MW4 model instead of the classic one. That thing is supposed to have the same legs as the Mad Dog. If they will eventually release it how are they supposed to design a Mad Dog with those legs? :lol:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by CyclonerM, 16 December 2013 - 11:57 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users