What players do you expect to see in Mechwarrior: Online?

119 replies to this topic

#81 Exillian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:28 AM

I won't be surprise WHEN I see douchebags spamming in forums and harrasing others in game.Its what to be expected.It is inevitable.

#82 Elysion

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:03 AM

I feel kind of sorry for you guys =/ People here right now arent the problem, its the people who will just come and go after open beta/release because of the free to play nation of the game that will be a problem.

WoT was great in beta, and it got worse. Tribes ascend was great in beta, and it got worse.

You really cant expect this game to be any different. Hopefully 'worse' will not end up being 'so bad you want to quit'. But it will be 'worse'.

Just dont get your hopes up ;_; the past isnt ever coming back.

#83 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:28 AM

View PostFreyar, on 09 June 2012 - 12:38 AM, said:

Eh, with each wave of newer players we'll see waves of "MWO should be like [not MWO]." It'll drain you pretty quickly.

http://mwomercs.com/...munity-warfare/

We already have that. MWO should be like EVE, and rather worrying, a dev agreeing

View PostGarth Erlam, on 08 June 2012 - 03:06 PM, said:

Fantastic, thank you very much for this (well thought out and written) post!

#84 TheVirus

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, UK

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:55 AM

View Postthe crow2k, on 09 June 2012 - 12:41 AM, said:

- The Sniper, the guy who really doesnt contribute to the team that much and sits at the back fo the field trying to pick of people at long range, often playing on the weak and injured to geat easy kills, or steal kills if thats what you want to call it.

I am sure there are others.

You either played with some awful snipers or you're utterly clueless. From this post I'm thinking both.

Whats with the obsession with insulting CoD players? I've seen this in multiple threads, calling them noobs, "spray and pray" and whatever else. It's a completely different game. What's the problem?

Edited by TheVirus, 09 June 2012 - 07:03 AM.

#85 Freyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 413 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:45 AM

I'd strongly caution holding a "MW players are more mature" attitude. The instant everything is opened up the general behavior of the player base will shift dramatically as new blood comes in. I doubt it'd be as rough as APBR or War Inc; but we will see a sudden and violent attitude change overall.

Free to Play tends to pull in the worst of sports. Accusing others of cheating, using exploits to get in the way, and outright cheating in the first place.

#86 SilX

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 15 posts
  • LocationGreece. Rhodes Island

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:03 AM

I think that the BT Universe provides a huge potential for the Design Team to utilize if they want. The question is -do you want this to be a Mech based BF3 or a complete Strategical and Tactical adrenaline providing game? How many of you people would you charge into an Atlas, driving a Bushwalker? Would there be any consiquencies for completely destroying your Mech? Where are the effects for Informations, Equipment modified especially for the mission, ground defences etc? Will be aircrafts viewed into the battlefield? ECMS, Satelites, etc? My worst fear is to see a fully 1st class potentialy game being made into an Only action packed 1st person shooter. I want to see prebattle preparations, after battle salvaging, strategic terrain conquering and generally seeing Macro Decisions affecting the Micro Battlefield. What Corporations provide materials and eqpment to who they provide this and what? Like EVE has a contract mechanic to secure Mercs providing their skills to a specific faction and all these things that can make you want to distinguish yourself in various roles into the vast MW Universe. Yes, I go fast farward, but imagine. You have a Group, of 2 Lance Leaders, 10 pilots, 2 mechanics, 1 informations Officer, one Public Relations Marketeer and 1 Spaceship. Your base is Planet Hope and you give your alliegiance to the Marik House. Your Pilots have taken their diplomas from the Allurian Academy and one of them is a Weapons Trainer while 2 are Mech Trainers. Your faction opens a Battlezone with another Faction and therefore you need to prepare informations for your enemies and brief your lancemates for each operation. Imagine your Leader staying off field operations watching the big picture from his C4I room and providing objectives at real time. On top of this imagine the enemy deploying a long range Com Jammer and cutting off Of World COms...Now guys, I dont want you to tell me if all these are possible -we are on the cyber world. I want you to tell me if you can see the potential of being Famous among the Legendary... one is a valued Engineer, one is a Legendary Tactician and most of you the Dangerous Mechwarriors... MW is a Tactical Action Mech Simulator in the future battlefield. Not the backyard 1st person shooter of ex CS, BF3 and WoT gamers...We want it to be the best so we can be the best...

#87 CT Sparty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 118 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec, CA

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

I expect a lot of "old school" MW pilots, many of which are still plating MP3.1 EVERYNIGHT.
Names like :
Some Hope
RODO
OTC NightHawk
Starlord
Bird4
Lord Magnus
Coelacanth
Dem
Trygger
jd123
Dr Calgori

And that's apart the people I got enjoying NBT league in about 2x drops a week:
BAZZ BASHEM
(CT) LUSANKYA
(CT) SPEEDER
(CT) SINQUIEWN
(CT)Valiant
~CG~ LoneWolf
~CG~ savage1
~UK~ Shiva
Angus
Firedog
Mechnut
DC Kambei
DC Gorobei
DC Heiachi
DC Yodama
DC Kikuchio

Not to mention my "Junkie friends" core of Sunder II server:
BP D-Days
BP Prime
BP Vettie
Jafo Pershaw
mini-me
Agent
Fat Momma
Vanja
and many others that show up on opens servers when they get a chance.
MW:O will not lack participation, trust me^^
<S>

Posted Image

#88 Coolant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:20 AM

Hey Spartakys :)

On topic, I'm just looking forward to maps where it's full...12 on 12 regularly, night after night <_< MW4:Mercs is very thin these days...heck I'll be happy if I have to wait a bit before dropping because so many players, although I know there will be plenty of servers to accommodate...

#89 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:28 AM

View PostFreyar, on 09 June 2012 - 08:45 AM, said:

I'd strongly caution holding a "MW players are more mature" attitude. The instant everything is opened up the general behavior of the player base will shift dramatically as new blood comes in. I doubt it'd be as rough as APBR or War Inc; but we will see a sudden and violent attitude change overall.

Free to Play tends to pull in the worst of sports. Accusing others of cheating, using exploits to get in the way, and outright cheating in the first place.

They say the same thing in EVE. That the players are more mature

#90 darknothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 462 posts
  • LocationCanada,Ontario

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:41 AM

I expect alot of impatient players that play for a few weeks and then give up.
They won't have a clue what a light mech is for and go right for an assault thinking that's the best.
Personally I'll be playing ever weight/class I can.
Face it light mechs can be fun and a pain in the *** :)

#91 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:58 AM

I actually know of, and expect to see, quite a few of the old "Chromehounds" players for X-box 360 coming into this game. Chormehounds had a thriving playerbase, and it was all very, VERY team oriented. [it helped that chromehounds literally FORCED teamwork]

Of course we'll see Vet mech pilots from Mechwarrior.

Battlefield 3 players possibly [especially since all the BS they keep adding with the new 'premium' crap... I already paid 120 bucks+ between xbox and pc, and now you're adding content for 'premium' players, SCREW YOU!]

WoT is def another group we'll see migrating. though gameplay will be different enough us mechwarriors will still be viable.

F2P hunters. People who look for the newest, fun, F2P game. just because.

#92 StriplingWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 126 posts
  • LocationBarony of Gryphon's Lair, Kingdom of Artemesia

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:05 AM

View Postshortpainter, on 08 June 2012 - 10:28 PM, said:

The A.D.D. CoD kids will rage quit and their loud whiny exodus will only enhance the play experience for everyone else.

I take offense as my ADD has nothing to do with CoD :) If you had said DoD then I would be guilty, but I'm more of an ArmA guy myself.

View PostFreyar, on 09 June 2012 - 02:04 AM, said:

Why would anyone be afraid of WoT players?

View PostCCC Dober, on 09 June 2012 - 02:23 AM, said:

One word: Lemmings

There are no successful leming players in WoT

View PostAFiedl100, on 09 June 2012 - 02:38 AM, said:

...not all WoT players are lemmings least not us closed beta guys <_<

^This is very important.
I can say that my Clan in WoT (who shall remain nameless for the moment) have every intention of getting into MW:O. There has been much discussion about the subject. I don't care what the rest of them do. I am pretty burned out on WoT. I have been playing MW games for over 15 years. I don't see that changing.

#93 Laleren

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:11 AM

I personally think the long distance, sneak and peek may be the prevelant style. But I suppose it really depends mainly on the person. You can still rush in on someone and try to take their back, or maybe keep some distance and shoot LRM's all day while hiding... I think people will shift their style either way depending on game mechanics.

#94 Freyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 413 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:39 AM

View Post514yer, on 09 June 2012 - 09:28 AM, said:

They say the same thing in EVE. That the players are more mature

There's multiple ways to quantify maturity. :)

#95 IIIuminaughty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,445 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:52 AM

View PostCT SPARTAKYS, on 09 June 2012 - 09:15 AM, said:

I expect a lot of "old school" MW pilots, many of which are still plating MP3.1 EVERYNIGHT.
Names like :
Some Hope
RODO
OTC NightHawk
Starlord
Bird4
Lord Magnus
Coelacanth
Dem
Trygger
jd123
Dr Calgori

And that's apart the people I got enjoying NBT league in about 2x drops a week:
BAZZ BASHEM
(CT) LUSANKYA
(CT) SPEEDER
(CT) SINQUIEWN
(CT)Valiant
~CG~ LoneWolf
~CG~ savage1
~UK~ Shiva
Angus
Firedog
Mechnut
DC Kambei
DC Gorobei
DC Heiachi
DC Yodama
DC Kikuchio

Not to mention my "Junkie friends" core of Sunder II server:
BP D-Days
BP Prime
BP Vettie
Jafo Pershaw
mini-me
Agent
Fat Momma
Vanja
and many others that show up on opens servers when they get a chance.
MW:O will not lack participation, trust me^^
<S>

Posted Image

Hey!!! That's my Call Sign!! =D

#96 Athena Hart

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationHesperus II (Or Spanaway, Wa IRL)

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:48 AM

I'd personally like to see large maps for not only Lance vs Lance gameplay, but Company vs Company or even Battalion vs Battalion gameplay. Sure, this might take awhile, but would be fun.. Add Objectives in to this (Destroy Enemy Base, Capture Enemy Base) and the option to "Drop In" other mechs on our dropships we'd be rockin'.

#97 GHQCommander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:26 PM

I'm sure we will see those players who would paint their mech all pink if giving half the chance. You know who I'm on about, I ain't saying it, I'm afraid.

Please tell me that is not possible to custom paint our mechs, any color!!!

#98 NightFallsOnU

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationPlanet Robinson

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:32 PM

Me... I will see me there and you will see me there too, (from your ejector seat) now get me my Mech and lets be done with this

Edited by NightFallsOnU, 09 June 2012 - 12:33 PM.

#99 NightFallsOnU

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationPlanet Robinson

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:36 PM

View PostGHQCommander, on 09 June 2012 - 12:26 PM, said:

I'm sure we will see those players who would paint their mech all pink if giving half the chance. You know who I'm on about, I ain't saying it, I'm afraid.

Please tell me that is not possible to custom paint our mechs, any color!!!

i am sure there will be plenty of hot pink mechs... Paul will shoot them fear not.. He won't even be in the match but the screen will read -ForumUserKiller has killed puffthemagicmech-

#100 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:47 PM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 09 June 2012 - 09:58 AM, said:

I actually know of, and expect to see, quite a few of the old "Chromehounds" players for X-box 360 coming into this game. Chormehounds had a thriving playerbase, and it was all very, VERY team oriented. [it helped that chromehounds literally FORCED teamwork]

Of course we'll see Vet mech pilots from Mechwarrior.

Battlefield 3 players possibly [especially since all the BS they keep adding with the new 'premium' crap... I already paid 120 bucks+ between xbox and pc, and now you're adding content for 'premium' players, SCREW YOU!]

WoT is def another group we'll see migrating. though gameplay will be different enough us mechwarriors will still be viable.

F2P hunters. People who look for the newest, fun, F2P game. just because.

You forgot the people that descend upon every new game, cry that its not their favorite game, try to get the devs to change it to that game then leave because the game got destroyed to move on to the next game.

23 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 23 guests, 0 anonymous users