Did I hit a nerve?
*raises eyebrow*

#23 Keifomofutu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts
  • LocationLloydminster

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

View PostOne Medic Army, on 22 June 2013 - 02:18 PM, said:

I direct you to the latter part of my statement.

Besides, the OP called it Easy-Mode first, I'm allowed to agree. :)

Stalkers aren't actually too bad to take down if you know their hitboxes: aim for the crotch.

A stalker doesn't have to expose his crotch to fire at you. :)

#24 Soy

• 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:31 PM

View PostNautilusCommand, on 22 June 2013 - 03:12 PM, said:

Did I hit a nerve?
*raises eyebrow*

No, this is the internet and we're talking about a video game, are you vain or something?

#25 NautilusCommand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 695 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:40 PM

View PostSoy, on 22 June 2013 - 03:31 PM, said:

No, this is the internet and we're talking about a video game, are you vain or something?

Ah, so why do you try to defend PTing so much when it was so broken?
When it's not even cannon, because you were good at it?
It's the same as if someone was trying to say the Stalker isn't imba.
I for one want srms back, just to have to the good 'ol brawling, but then they would be op.
So I might just wait for the meta to stabilize.

As well what do you mean by "are you vain or something"?

Edited by NautilusCommand, 22 June 2013 - 04:14 PM.

#26 Soy

• 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:18 PM

duh to all that

#27 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:19 PM

View PostKeifomofutu, on 22 June 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

A stalker doesn't have to expose his crotch to fire at you. :)

He does if he's going around the side of something, rather than over the top.
Also once you get in close and they turn away to use their huge sides as a shield it's useful for finishing them off.

Edited by One Medic Army, 22 June 2013 - 04:19 PM.

#28 AntiCitizenJuan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:58 PM

http://imgur.com/1XXOF4U

Straight EZ mode
8/8 Basic 3F

Edited by AntiCitizenJuan, 22 June 2013 - 08:58 PM.

#29 Dreamslave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • LocationUpstate New York

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:27 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 22 June 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

Sometimes I wish there was some sort of hard point restrictions in MWO. Canon-wise Stalker arms carry Medium Lasers FFS. Large Lasers and PPCs are mounted only in the torso sections.

The fact that PGI rejected this idea months ago was the decision that made me lose all faith in them as devs entirely. The only reason I even log on once a week is to chat it up with some buddies I've made in my MercGroup. Other than that, this game is dying dying dead.

#30 Yanlowen Cage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 637 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:55 AM

Ridge popping snipers are annoying. If you stand on the other side of the ridge and get shot that is. I do not go toe to toe with any boat at any range. Easier in my hunchie, 2 er ppc 2 streaks to stay under cover move to their sides fire and move to another spot. As far as dual ppcs go been playing that variant for a long time. It is hot but it gives me the speed to move out quickly and a punch at range.would use large lasers, but then I would have to slow or stop to get most of my damage into one area. Bad idea for a med.

Boats are usually effective because large number of players refuse to
Use any strat beyond charge straight into their teeth or sniping with them at range. If you are getting torn up by boats, maybe your going about it incorrectly. Try something different. It's only one drop afterall and what you were doing was not working anyway.

Edited by Yanlowen Cage, 23 June 2013 - 06:02 AM.

#31 I3lackI2ogue

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:06 AM

View PostDreamslave, on 22 June 2013 - 09:27 PM, said:

The fact that PGI rejected this idea months ago was the decision that made me lose all faith in them as devs entirely. The only reason I even log on once a week is to chat it up with some buddies I've made in my MercGroup. Other than that, this game is dying dying dead.

well they sure are paying dearly for their arrogance. but lets let them keep on thinking that tweaking heat will do a damn thing. what needs to happen is either a hardpoint size limit like the one proposed ( god i swear if i were a philanthropic millionaire id just buy the whole game from PGI and give half of you jobs ) or REAL HEAT PENALTIES because obviously shutting down isn't enough

Edited by I3lackI2ogue, 23 June 2013 - 06:14 AM.

#32 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:34 AM

View PostI3lackI2ogue, on 23 June 2013 - 06:06 AM, said:

well they sure are paying dearly for their arrogance. but lets let them keep on thinking that tweaking heat will do a damn thing. what needs to happen is either a hardpoint size limit like the one proposed ( god i swear if i were a philanthropic millionaire id just buy the whole game from PGI and give half of you jobs ) or REAL HEAT PENALTIES because obviously shutting down isn't enough

Most of the systems I have seen proposed are not future prooff at all. Just add the wrong canon mech, and you get your PPC boat or AC/20 boat back. Or how about a Triple Gauss Rifle mech, we haven't had that yet.

hard point restrictions are the solution that might adress the current mechs, but they'll fail on future mechs - unless PGI never adds those mechs. Too bad that some of them seem to be pretty popular (Annihilator for example?)

Edited by MustrumRidcully, 23 June 2013 - 06:34 AM.

#33 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:37 AM

Atlas RS 4PPC/1Gauss.. if it doesn't oneshot you.. it severely limits your match..

Raise PPC heat back up- solve half the current problem.
Add *REAL* heat penalties- solve the other half of the current problem.
Balance weapons against themselves, then against other weapons in their role by comparison- solve all your weapon problems.

I have some minor hope for heat penalties.. it isn't a reversal of a PGI move.. however it WOULD hike the learning curve.. and we can't seem to manage a tutorial.

Putting the PPC heat back.. I have no hope for.. it would mean PGI reversing a PGI move and PGI can't admit PGI made a mistake in the game.

PGI.

#34 NautilusCommand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 695 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:58 AM

I've been saying this for months:
"Make my damn srms op again, those snipers can keep their op PPC's as long as I get my srms back!"
If they made everything op at once everyone would be happy, right?

#35 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:02 AM

I actually wish they would expand the heat scale to like, 90, have certain points where it tells you "automatic shut down in 5 seconds" and you can override and push it but face slowered movement, ammunition going off, ect, have a couple tiers of heat before an automatic shut down, at which point negatives like ammunition explosions are very likely.

#36 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:09 AM

Was in the funniest game just now.

We get about 8 minutes into just standing in 2 spots trying to PPC snipe. I'm using LRM's, and doing fine. But got bored and decide to charge their base (which pulls the entire enemy team over).

And of course being a loud-mouth I talk smack about the use of PPC's (on my team and theirs). And all they can come back with is "OH GOD YOU HAVE LRMS", which is funny because PhoenixPPC was on my team (I knew he'd make the comment).

But here is the thing...I was the only mech with any LRM's in that whole game.

And the PPC snipers are all freaking out cause I called them out on their cheese.

It's so sad.

Edited by Nicholas Carlyle, 23 June 2013 - 09:09 AM.

#37 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:10 AM

I really don't want to run assaults; I don't want to run heavies. The only reason I even have an assault at all is that I got an Atlas with my founder. I've run it to Basic. Likewise with my founder Cat. I've also purchased the Rifleman - er, Firebrand - and taken that to Basic (which was silly easy compared to my lights and mediums - about 50% less matches needed).

What I really want to do is play my lights and mediums and not feel like I'm gimping myself and my team.

Why won't PGI allow me to do that?

#38 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:12 AM

View Poststjobe, on 23 June 2013 - 09:10 AM, said:

I really don't want to run assaults; I don't want to run heavies. The only reason I even have an assault at all is that I got an Atlas with my founder. I've run it to Basic. Likewise with my founder Cat. I've also purchased the Rifleman - er, Firebrand - and taken that to Basic (which was silly easy compared to my lights and mediums - about 50% less matches needed).

What I really want to do is play my lights and mediums and not feel like I'm gimping myself and my team.

Why won't PGI allow me to do that?

I'd been a Centurion pilot pretty much 90% of the time till the Highlander came out. I planned to go back and forth. But I haven't been able to go back to my Centurions because of this cluster-**** we have now.

#39 NautilusCommand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 695 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:07 AM

Does PGI want to tell me why their forums don't work, well do they!?
God this enrages me so much it's not even funny.

#40 Stoicblitzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:26 AM

View PostNautilusCommand, on 23 June 2013 - 10:07 AM, said:

Does PGI want to tell me why their forums don't work, well do they!?
God this enrages me so much it's not even funny.

after anger comes peace. that's when you know you have given up. PGI wants you to give up. just give in and the pain will go away. then buy more

Edited by Stoicblitzer, 23 June 2013 - 10:26 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users