Why Balancing From A Bubble And Ignoring Your Community Is An Awful Idea, Pgi.

471 replies to this topic

Poll: User Satisfication Poll (596 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you happy with PGI's community interaction?

1. Yes (133 votes [22.35%])

Percentage of vote: 22.35%

2. No (433 votes [72.77%])

Percentage of vote: 72.77%

3. Other (explain) (29 votes [4.87%])

Percentage of vote: 4.87%

How do you feel MW:O is progressing?

1. In the right direction (71 votes [11.93%])

Percentage of vote: 11.93%

2. More right than wrong (186 votes [31.26%])

Percentage of vote: 31.26%

3. More wrong than right (222 votes [37.31%])

Percentage of vote: 37.31%

4. In the wrong direction (105 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

5. Other (Explain) (11 votes [1.85%])

Percentage of vote: 1.85%

How balanced do you feel the mechs and weapons are?

1. Well balanced (28 votes [4.71%])

Percentage of vote: 4.71%

2. More well balanced guns than badly balanced ones (192 votes [32.27%])

Percentage of vote: 32.27%

3. More badly balanced guns than well balanced ones (219 votes [36.81%])

Percentage of vote: 36.81%

4. Very imbalanced (144 votes [24.20%])

Percentage of vote: 24.20%

5. Other (Explain) (12 votes [2.02%])

Percentage of vote: 2.02%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#461 WarMonkey14

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

View PostFupDup, on 23 July 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

...Clan XL requires both side torsos to be destroyed (because they take up only 2 slots per side). By the time a mech is reduced to a walking CT, it's pretty much useless besides capping anyways (excluding mechs with CT hardpoints).

i could live with that, but we will probably see clans wreck major havoc as they will have no weaknesses

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 23 July 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

In what universe? The Clan Omnis have heat written all over them. Very few if any ran cool!

the ones released by battletech yes. the ones the players made from them, no

#462 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:07 PM

View PostKhobai, on 23 July 2013 - 04:02 PM, said:

The stock ones. But its no secret stock mechs are terrible. Give me DHS that take up 2 crit slots and ERPPCs that do 50% more damage and I will do horrible, horrible things to you.

No you won't sir. I have been getting ready for the eventual Clan tidal wave. Why do you think I haven't complained once about any single weapon config we have had whine over? I haven't seen one that is quite as powerful as a Clan build yet. I'm just sad I will not be able to make MY Stone Rhino an show what terrifying truly is! Then again, I did destroy 6X my tonnage in a Canon Stone Rhino at GenCon, so I think I could survive in that. :ph34r:

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 23 July 2013 - 04:08 PM.

#463 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

View PostWarMonkey14, on 23 July 2013 - 04:05 PM, said:

i could live with that, but we will probably see clans wreck major havoc as they will have no weaknesses

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 23 July 2013 - 04:07 PM, said:

No you won't sir. I have been getting ready for the eventual Clan tidal wave. Why do you think I haven't complained once about any single weapon config we have had whine over? I haven't seen one that is quite as powerful as a Clan build yet. I'm just sad I will not be able to make MY Stone Rhino an show what terrifying truly is! Then again, I did destroy 6X my tonnage in a Canon Stone Rhino at GenCon, so I think I could survive in that. :ph34r:

I don't think we need to worry about the Clans after seeing the stupid heat scale. PGI will just take the easy way out and give them a max alpha value of 1 or 2 on almost everything in their arsenal.

#464 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

The Clans do have weaknesses. Its a question of whether or not PGI will incorporate them.

1) Clans do not use C3. They should not be able to share targeting info with eachother.
2) Clans prefer 1v1 combat and consider focus firing to be dishonorable. There should be honor penalties for assisting.
3) Clans employ a bidding system which often results in them being way under tonnage compared to the enemy.

#465 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

View PostKhobai, on 23 July 2013 - 04:12 PM, said:

The Clans do have weaknesses. Its a question of whether or not PGI will incorporate them.

1) Clans do not use C3. They should not be able to share targeting info with eachother.
2) Clans prefer 1v1 combat and consider focus firing to be dishonorable. There should be honor penalties for assisting.
3) Clans employ a bidding system which often results in them being way under tonnage compared to the enemy.

Numbers 2 and 3 were merely the result of lore making them complete morons. Players in MWO aren't going to be nearly as stupid most of the time. They also don't even account for Inner Sphere players who manage to capture Clan mechs (or buy them with MC, which is something that PGI HAS to allow because it's too much of a gold mine to pass up).

As I said above, I can already imagine PGI simply giving the Clans a pathetically low max alpha value for their weapons to bring them in line, as opposed to more "creative" strategies.

Edited by FupDup, 23 July 2013 - 04:17 PM.

#466 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:18 PM

View PostFupDup, on 23 July 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

I don't think we need to worry about the Clans after seeing the stupid heat scale. PGI will just take the easy way out and give them a max alpha value of 1 or 2 on almost everything in their arsenal.

I think I might think about quitting if that is the case. I can't see the boogieman having it's teeth pulled.

View PostFupDup, on 23 July 2013 - 04:14 PM, said:

Numbers 2 and 3 were merely the result of lore making them complete morons. Players in MWO aren't going to be nearly as stupid most of the time. They also don't even account for Inner Sphere players who manage to capture Clan mechs (or buy them with MC, which is something that PGI HAS to allow because it's too much of a gold mine to pass up).

As I said above, I can already imagine PGI simply giving the Clans a pathetically low max alpha value for their weapons to bring them in line, as opposed to more "creative" strategies.

They better play em that way. It is the only way the Inner Sphere stood a chance of winning.

#467 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 23 July 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

I think I might think about quitting if that is the case. I can't see the boogieman having it's teeth pulled.

Teeth pulled? More like balls cut off with a rusty spoon.

#468 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

View PostFupDup, on 23 July 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

Teeth pulled? More like balls cut off with a rusty spoon.

Aff.

#469 IceSerpent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:25 PM

View PostKhobai, on 23 July 2013 - 04:12 PM, said:

That's all right, we'll manage to jerry-rig something with a teamspeak server and a few headsets :ph34r:

Wouldn't be canonical, as zell is not in effect when fighting against dezgra. Regardless, given PGI's track record as far as penalties are concerned, I doubt anybody would even notice that there are penalties.

That's where bribing one's bidding opponents with cookies becomes very useful :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users