who did win?

#2 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:24 AM

I took a screen shot of that one and sent it in to PGI: Enemy team had An Atlas DDC, 4 Highlanders, a Stalker, a Yen Lo Wang and a Hunchback. While our team had an Ilya, a Quickdraw, a Blackjack, two Jenners, two Raven 3Ls and a Spider 5D. That was assault and needless to say, we lost.

#3 FREDtheDEAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSouth Autstralia

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:38 AM

I was in a fairly average team - mix of mechs - up against a team with 5 atlases. We did well against the three lighter mechs that we ran into first, but after that... it went downhill. Sadly this happened before the printscreen key was implemented or I would definitely have taken a screenshot of three atlas line-abreast with two behind them. heheh

Edited by Xajorkith, 26 June 2013 - 06:38 AM.

#4 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:42 AM

been using print screen since closed beta Oo. anyways I feel like i'm giving my team a disadvantage if I don't drive an assult into battle since the MM doesn't care if im using a 45 ton or 85 ton mech, I might as well have that extra 40 tons of firepower and armor.

I miss the days when driving a med mech guaranteed there was a med mech on the other team for me to shoot at (or assuring there was 1 less light).

Edited by Asmosis, 26 June 2013 - 06:43 AM.

#5 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:38 PM

View PostAsmosis, on 26 June 2013 - 06:42 AM, said:

I miss the days when driving a med mech guaranteed there was a med mech on the other team for me to shoot at (or assuring there was 1 less light).

I miss those days too. *sniff*

#6 Denny Shtirliz

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTharkad/New Avalon, Federated Commonwealth

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:02 AM

how this can ever be? Is the game at least some balance?
Posted Image

#7 Carighan

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:43 AM

Maybe there was no one else online? The SC2 matchmaking can send you into really unfair match-ups in the wee hours too, and that's a much much larger online community.

#8 Latriam

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 146 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:56 AM

ELO matching sucks big time. Sorry PGI I love this game. I am a founder and just bought the phoenix projetc. But please quit screwing those of us who love the game. I dont care if you elite all your lights. If I have all assaults on an assault map you will lose.
I just stand on my base with my assault team and your screwed.
at least put match making back to class. so many lights so many meds so many heavies so many assaults.
it was so much fairer and even. every match was fun and many were down to the last mech vs mech with people actually cheeiring on that last jenner vs the last raven etc.

Help us out here go back to MM by class or tonnage

#9 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:25 AM

It would be awesome if they implemented drop weight limits, then it wouldn't matter so much, but it would be much, much more even.

#10 Vraxx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 153 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:42 AM

I'll admit the change over to the ELO match making w/o the weight flagging has definitely created some serious mismatches of drops. I don't mind having 1-2 lights in a drop but if you've got a full lance of lights it gets ridiculous for a mixed/balanced team on the opposition.

The other side of the coin though is that the matching process to get ELO rating and BV/Weight matching/class will certainly bring back longer search times.

My other big fear if the 3PV gameplay is introduced (which I'm still an opponent of) would add yet another filter for match making potentially shrinking the sampling pool for match making yet again.

#11 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:51 PM

View PostCarighan, on 27 June 2013 - 04:43 AM, said:

Maybe there was no one else online? The SC2 matchmaking can send you into really unfair match-ups in the wee hours too, and that's a much much larger online community.

While that might be true, if that is the case (since everyone is approx same ELO) it should be able to redistribute the two teams.

If there are 16 players available for a match, there is no reason why those 16 players can't be sorted into roughly equal weight teams, with the exception of a premade messing it up.

Edited by Asmosis, 27 June 2013 - 07:52 PM.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users