965 replies to this topic

#221 DoktorVivi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 239 posts
  • LocationWyoming

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

Ugh, I really want to get these, but I'm a Heavy pilot. I don't want to pay 60 bucks and only use 1/3 of the pack.

#222 Suko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

View Posttulip, on 25 June 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

That also implies that if you give PGI $80 for the Overlord package you are consigning yourself to 4 months until a new mech is available to you. The founders mechs were all released and available for everyone at launch (well, closed beta "launch"), regardless of whether you had bought founders and it didn't mean the legendary founders had to wait 4 months for their next mech either.
I would have to go back and check (which I'm too lazy to do), but I'm pretty sure I had to wait a good 3 months before I got into MWO and could run around with my Founder's C1.

#223 Foresale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 127 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 25 June 2013 - 02:52 PM, said:

There's a deeper conspiracy... someone told a person I know that a little bird told him that ComStar accidentally leaked secret Clan details onto the forums, hidden in plain sight.

I can't help but notice all of these mechs have a IIC variant. Coincidence? I think not!

Also iirc, PGI said there were 6 mechs "basically done" but unannounced. We now know what 5 of them are (these four plus the Quickdraw) so it raises the question....what is number 6? If it's a Marauder I think the global nerdgasm might be too much.

Edit : Derp, totally forgot the TDR-IIC is 3085 tech. There goes that theory!

Edited by Uziel Huntsig, 25 June 2013 - 03:53 PM.

#224 DoktorVivi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 239 posts
  • LocationWyoming

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

Another thing: I'd like to see the difference between the mechs with 'limited edition geometry' and the regular versions.

#225 M4jk

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 51 posts
  • LocationCZ

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

I've just got Overlorded ;) (missed the Founders program, this is pretty nice bandage... :( )

You made me really happy to include these Reseen mechs (I am fresh reader of BT novels, so I am sure you know what (who) I am talking about concerning 3 of these mechs :wub: )!But now I can't wait for 15th October (can't wait for new UI, lobby, ...) :(
For those of you still unhapy - they have still more than 3 months till official release and although some directions which development team has been ordered to go are discutable ... I still believe them they'll tune worst things up till that time and it will be worth waiting.
As a MW fan, I am glad I can support such a game! Go on guys and do not **** it up :wub: !!!

#226 Cybermech

Tool

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:03 PM

locust looks like the jenner's sexy mom ;)

"global nerdgasm " lolz can't really add to that

#227 AntiBot

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:08 PM

Posted Image

gone are the days of competitive gaming

#228 deranda

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:08 PM

That also implies that if you give PGI $80 for the Overlord package you are consigning yourself to 4 months until a new mech is available to you. The founders mechs were all released and available for everyone at launch (well, closed beta "launch"), regardless of whether you had bought founders and it didn't mean the legendary founders had to wait 4 months for their next mech either.

Given the extra capital flow this promotion will produce PGI should use at least some of that to ensure that the 4 project phoenix mechs are released in addition to our regular 1 mech per month schedule, if they want to show the community any respect over this offer then they can't make people that paid $80 wait 4 months for everyone else to catch up on mech releases.

I am expecting just this, the phoenix mechs getting released alongside regular mechs of the month. I am basing this mainly on the schedule, PGi won't complete a full cycle of mechs till october. Additionally - as you said - there wouldn't be any new mechs to obtain for phoenix buyers for 1 - 3 months which seems odd for company trying to make money.

#229 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:10 PM

Good lord. I'm throwing all my dollars, credit cards, debit cards, jewellry and children at my screen. All of them.

I couldn't buy this fast enough.

In short:

I WANT.

The only way this could be better, IMHO, is if you had a pre-order bonus Urbanmech.

#230 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:14 PM

Cannot find a link to purchase. ;) Please help.

Edit: Dummy me , missed the buy now buttons on the right. :(

Edited by Dirk Le Daring, 25 June 2013 - 04:32 PM.

#231 Haniwa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 162 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:15 PM

will you be able to get the standard variants as a non payer too?

#232 Scraper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 104 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:17 PM

This promotion seems generally above board, in my opinion the only thing sketchy is that if you don't buy the phoenix package you well have to wait 1 month longer for the shadow hawk, 2 months longer for the thunderbolt and a not insignificant 3 months for the battlemaster The decision to release the heavy metal before the highlander was by two weeks, PGI cannot possibly expect 3 months to not be considered a step too far.
Maybe my reading comprehension is low, but if you get X amount of standard varients included with each package, they will ALL be available for C-bills on the same day?

#233 Darvaza

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 160 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

View PostGingerBang, on 25 June 2013 - 11:55 AM, said:

HEY LOOK GUYS! THOSE FOUNDERS PACK THEY SAID WOULD NEVER COME BACK ARE BACK. JUST LIKE THE COOLANT THEY NEVER SAID WOULD BE IN THE GAME. JUST LIKE THE 3RD PERSON THEY SAID WOULD NEVER BE IN THE GAME. JUST LIKE THE CASH FOR DAMAGE THEY SAID WOULD NEVER BE IN THE GAME. ABOVE ALL ODDS, PGI HAS MANAGED TO DO THE IMPOSSIBLE, AND PUT FOUNDERS PACKS BACK IN THE GAME!!

This is way better than the founders pack... by far. more mechs, cheaper price, and a higher C-Bill boost.

#234 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

View PostHaniwa, on 25 June 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

will you be able to get the standard variants as a non payer too?

Yes.

#235 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:23 PM

So are these un/reseens or what is so different about them? Or are they normal IS mechs?

80 for 4 hero mechs is awesome value, not counting the other extras. AND the 12 mechbays!

You can wait and activate prem time when CW is in.

Edited by Chavette, 25 June 2013 - 04:26 PM.

#236 deranda

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:25 PM

View PostDarvaza, on 25 June 2013 - 04:21 PM, said:

This is way better than the founders pack... by far. more mechs, cheaper price, and a higher C-Bill boost.

But no MC...was the biggest plus of the original founder's package for me.

#237 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:25 PM

View PostSMDMadCow, on 25 June 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

To all those people who said this would not happen: whats up now?

I didn't think it would happen, but I'm immensely happy it is, so I'll say: I was wrong, and have never been so happy to be wrong before.

#238 mtvnews

Rookie

• The God
  • The God
  • 3 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada, Qc.

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:29 PM

I keep trying to buy it but it's declining my credit card but when I called my cards company they said everything checks out all right, so I just can't buy it?? :,(

#239 Arcturious

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 785 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

Apologies if this has been asked, trying to trawl forums on my mobile at work is bad for everyone involved.

How do the loyalty points work for people who don't pledge to a house?

I have a whole lone wolf backstory etc and really don't want to sign up to any of the great houses. I also am advocating all over the place options for lone wolves and Mercs to contribute to the meta game through contracts and replacement spots ala Hiring Halls etc.

Yet if I play these mechs as a lone wolf, where do these loyalty points go?

Is there going to be a conversion to accumulate them, then convert them (NOT for MC) into useful currency for a lone wolf etc?

What do these give to the lone wolf community of this game?

#240 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:32 PM

View PostXenroth, on 25 June 2013 - 12:14 PM, said:

Actually it is, look at the Overlord deal for example,
you get 3x Locust(20 Ton Light Mech) where one of them got 30% C-Bill bonus,
you get 3x Shadow Hawk(55 Ton Medium Mech) where one of them got 30% C-Bill bonus,
you get 3x Thunderbolt(65 Ton Heavy Mech) where one of them got 30% C-Bill bonus,
you get 3x Battlemaster (85 Ton Assault Mech) where one of them got 30% C-Bill bonus,
12x Mechbay slot for your new Mechs
and you get 120 days Premium time ...
+ you get freaking reseen Mechs!

Sure, 4 Foundermechs 3 months Premium time and 20k MC were also nice but this one is even more awesome

€dit: Fixed the MC

I think they are somewhat equal.

The 4 founders mechs only recieve 5% less on the C-bill bonus so I qualify them as equalivant to Hero Mechs and 20,000 MC is alot. You could have easily bought 4 more Hero Mechs with that amount or 6 extra months of premium. The MC is what really makes the Founders pack stand out because you get to chose what to spend it on.

The new pack is pretty sweet however. We you consider the combined MC cost of the hero mech equalivants alone, your at $80. Take the X5, Yen, Ilya and Heavy Metal and you would have spent 17,625 MC or $79.90 worth of MC. Then you add in 8 additional mechs which would require you to come up with around 45 mil C-bills (lots of hours grinding) or another 8000 MC if you bought all the variants with MC ($45). Plus 12 bay slots for another 3600 MC ($15), plus 120 days premium (10,000 MC or $40)

Total cash value comes out to be around $150-$180.

Now the only issue is that the value goes down tremendously if you don't want all the mechs. For example I could care less about the Locust because I know I will never pilot it. That ends up being wasted money.

Now if I could choose my mechs, they would get between $40-$60 of my money today.

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users