1715 replies to this topic

#181 Elyam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 538 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:34 PM

Excellent. Hopefully 2014 holds more of these welcome surprises in store (perhaps even Reseen redesigns of the Macross mecha, which should very likely be legally doable as long as the likeness drifts enough). For additional benefits, finally we'll get to make the most out of the Medium and Assault classes (maximizing available tonnage for medium and the Inner Sphere carry-weight max for the 4/6 speed with the 85-tonner).

MWO Predictions: The BattleMaster stands an excellent chance of becoming the new lord of the battlefield (as it should be). The Shadowhawk will be a slight upgrade over the 50-tonners but will still be subject to the same roles filled presently by the 50-60-ton mechs. The Thunderbolt has always been a monster of effectiveness and should remain so (also with the likely Eridani Light Horse jump-capable variant). The locust will need something special - perhaps the maneuverability mentioned in the outline - to get attention over the other fast lights. The base versions of the Battlemaster and Thunderbolt will be extremely versatile, capable of all weapon types due to MWO considering MG hardpoints capable of mounting full ACs.

The mention of Carlisle and Waco may not be accidental, and are likely omens of coming Hero editions of those mechs.

Again...Excellent.

Edited by Elyam, 25 June 2013 - 12:36 PM.

#182 MONEY SHOT

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 46 posts

when do we get the items and mechs?

#183 ANZAC1975

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 30 posts
  • Locationaustralia

WOW! as a old diehard rpg playing battletech player, i finally get to play my old t-bolt tweetybird!!!! thankyou PGI!!!! ive now already bought the overlord package and cant wait! :wub: :ph34r: :P

#184 Ragnar Darkmane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 459 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:36 PM

View PostXxDogfoodxX, on 25 June 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

is buying the package the only way to get these mechs?

NO
Just wait some months (or not at all when you want the Locust) and you can buy ALL the variants (except for the founder bonus) for C-Bills.

#185 Bagua

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 94 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:37 PM

Nope, all Mechs will released at a later date. So you do not have to buy anything.

#186 BrainFlush

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 73 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArizona

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:37 PM

As far as I know to get the special variants with the bonus percent, yes. But you can eventually buy the normal build later when they release.

#187 PeRRaKo

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 80 posts
  • Locationマドリード - スペイン

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:38 PM

This stunt tells me only one thing: PGI desperately needs money.

And that is a bad thing, it means the game is not doing well, players are leaving, revenues are plummeting and the founders money is already spent (well, the portion of the founders money that went to MWO and not to that crap Tactics **** and whatnot).

So we have lots of Mechs, few maps, lots of bugs, balance issues, no lobbies, no CW, crappy Matchmaker and what does PGIGP do? Launch another money grab!!!!!!

Don't get me wrong, if the state of the game wasn't so pathetic as it is right now I would gladly purchase one of these packs but seriously PGI, are you guys hurting that bad for more money???? Really????

FIX the game, give us a metagme or at least give us lobbies so we can setup our own stuff! Give us that and you won't need these money grabs to make epic money!!!

P.S. Mechs look nice, pitty there are no Warhammer, Archer, Marauder... or maybe in a few months with another milking?

Edited by PeRRaKo, 25 June 2013 - 12:41 PM.

#188 anfadern

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 270 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:38 PM

From the Phoenix FaQ
"Q: What type of added benefit will existing Founders receive upon purchase of any Project Phoenix package?
A: Great news for Founders, as a purchase of any of these packs will reward Founders with a unique and exclusive hanging cockpit item displaying their specific Founder's tier in the item's design."

Nice gesture!

#189 Dagger6T6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,362 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationcockpit

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:39 PM

so now I'm a Legendary Founder Overlord?..

...you may now eat cake

#190 Atlas3060

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 661 posts
  • LocationFederated Suns

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:40 PM

Well this is interesting, I'll have to look at the different tiers *Notices Battlemaster* Oh you (Censored) really want my cash don't ya?

#191 sirius89

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationDortmund NRW

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:41 PM

View PostPeRRaKo, on 25 June 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

And that is a bad thing, it means the game is not doing well, players are leaving, revenues are plummeting and the founders money is already spent (well, the portion of the founders money that went to MWO and not to that crap Tactics **** and whatnot).

So we have lots of Mechs, few maps, lots of bugs, balance issues, no lobbies, no CW, crappy Matchmaker and what does PGIGP do? Launch another money grab!!!!!!

Don't get me wrong, if the state of the game wasn't so pathetic as it is right now I would gladly purchase one of these packs but seriously PGI, are you guys hurting that bad for more money???? Really????

FIX the game, give us a metagme or at least give us lobbys so we can setup our owwn stuff! Give us that and you won't need these money grabs to make epic money!!!

P.S. Mechs look nice, pitty there are no Warhammer, Archer, Marauder... or maybe in a few months with another milking?

A company that makes a F2P game ALWAYS needs more money to further develop the game.

More news at 11.

#192 BadWolf81

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 37 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:42 PM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 25 June 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

Want Battlemaster

got to love 6xML's It was my fav. in Mechwarrior 1 from 1989.

#193 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

Overlord bought. Awesome!

#194 ryoma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

I am honestly confounded on something. Why would anyone in their right minds ever pilot a locust? Ever? Sure for trolling, but it seems even less competitive than the flea!

Also nice choice for medium! It's a shame you put what's going to be the strongest medium in the game behind a pay wall for about a month.

If the cheapest package got me a Shadow Hawk I'd buy it, but i would never waste money on a locust.

Edited by ryoma, 25 June 2013 - 12:46 PM.

#195 Kyossed

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:45 PM

View Postsoarra, on 25 June 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

can you please fix things before you start begging for more money

View PostMorsdraco, on 25 June 2013 - 11:15 AM, said:

And no Marauder....a shameful money grab. Please fix the game before doing another money grab.

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 25 June 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

Greedy much? Fix the game first then farm more money off people.

What, are you people kidding me? The game's getting so much better. I haven't crashed once for months. Haven't had any HUD issues, or yellow screens of death, no CTD or Mechbay. They're obviously working on fixing it, and the game is markedly improved already.

#196 TheMightyWashburn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 281 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:45 PM

As long as 3PV is still slated to go in Im not buying anything. Which is a shame cause I would gladly buy this asap if it werent for that. Oh well, ArmA III beta just hit :wub:

#197 InRev

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

Even if this is a desperate cash-grab, we sure as hell are getting a lot out of the deal. Up to 12 mechs, WITH mechbays, up to 1/3 of a year of premium time, 4 Hero mechs with unique bonuses (LP gain), LP cockpit items (no longer just vanity junk) AND an extra pat on the back for Founders who upgrade and all for 80 bucks? That's a steal.

I've been pretty critical of PGI, but there is no way in hell I am looking this gift horse in the mouth. I wish all cash-grabs were this generous.

#198 Morang

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

FIX the game, give us a metagme or at least give us lobbys so we can setup our owwn stuff! Give us that and you won't need these money grabs to make epic money!!!

Well, though I'm very critical about many things PGI myself for a long time (I refunded my Founders, for example), I don't think it's fair to blame them just for wanting money and I see no desperation here. They just use the fandom hype about unseen/reseen stuff, nice for them. It's not P2W - Phoenix Locust to regular Locust is like Founders Jenner to regular Jenner. They release these mechs at usual shedule, one per month. Yes I want them to make more maps and fix more things and smite the 3PV, but I'm not going to blame them because they're doing at least something (new mechs release) more or less correct (MORE OR LESS - because of scale issues, for example).

So let fanbois pay. After all, it's not going to hurt me even if those money won't help PGI build better MWO for us. I have my own triggers set to determine when I'm going to open my vallet, still waiting for them.

Edited by Morang, 25 June 2013 - 12:49 PM.

#199 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Darn, makes me wish I had money to spend :wub:. I've got to say, I'm loving the design.

#200 Modred

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • 23 posts
  • LocationCanada, GTA

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

FIX the game, give us a metagme or at least give us lobbies so we can setup our own stuff! Give us that and you won't need these money grabs to make epic money!!!

BINGO! is all I can, PeRRaKo you sir have nailed it right on the head! I can only hope that this isn't some form a death throw to grab more cash before someone closes the doors.

42 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 42 guests, 0 anonymous users