Project Phoenix Leaked

1715 replies to this topic

#241 Jabilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:21 PM

View PostAceTimberwolf, on 25 June 2013 - 01:15 PM, said:

OK, now that we have infused you with development money...two things: How much of this money is going to Mechwarrior Tactics, when can we already talk about mech scaling? Quickdraw... come on

Where did this rumour start about founders money leaving the game? Is there actually any credible articles or evidence that this ever really happened?

#242 Zeus X

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,307 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:21 PM

View Poststjobe, on 25 June 2013 - 01:16 PM, said:

The sketches are usually fan art. The Reseen are the four presented today, plus the three I listed. No more.

The Marauder is still a copy of the Macross Zentraedi "Glaug" Officer's Battle Pod, and as such it's off limits.

No. These are not the Unseen, these are the Reseen. These four, plus the Griffin, Scorpion, and Wolverine.

No Wasp or Stinger, no Phoenix Hawk, no Crusader or Archer, no Warhammer or Marauder. Those are still Unseen and off-limits.

Shhh just play along. :wub:

#243 Elyam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 538 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:22 PM

The Macross units are not quite 'off limits'. Redraws that stray enough from the original can probably be done, but it's a tough line to consider walking, especially with Palladium launching their tactical game for these models this Summer.

#244 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:22 PM

afaik founders money didn't go to pgi but to igp and those guys split it for MWO and MWTactics.

#245 FrDrake

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,086 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:23 PM

View PostJabilo, on 25 June 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

Where did this rumour start about founders money leaving the game? Is there actually any credible articles or evidence that this ever really happened?

I've never seen any, tinfoil hatters noticed that IGP was funding 2 other games and since this game wasn't moving as fast as they thought it should for the money we paid, they've claimed that other games must have gotten some of the money.

#246 HorribleGoat

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

Hopefully can get my paycheck from my new job before the sale ends. :wub: Sounds awesome.

Some thoughts for people complaining lack of "real content" i.e the new ui and such.. Have you though that maybe it is better they release the new ui along the new gamemode and whatnot with the release? If they dropped them in one by one they would take a lot longer to develop as a whole. Like if the new ui came out right now, it wouldn't have all the features like CW, or if CW came out now we couldn't use it without the UI. Makes sense right? -> Patience and enjoy the eyecandy.

Or would you rather have waited this whole time without the beta? It takes quite some time to develop a game.

About the UNSEEN and BT/Fasa and macross, I read somewhere the artis who designed the mechs were quite the player and sold the designs to both companies. Neither actually copied the others work. Truth? Don't know. Read from the Internets.

#247 Hellen Wheels

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:25 PM

PGI, you makeum ready room, me droppum many more wampum, too
Posted Image

#248 MrPenguin

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSudbury, Ontario

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:25 PM

View PostPeRRaKo, on 25 June 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

This stunt tells me only one thing: PGI desperately needs money.

By that logic, I can say that steam has massive amounts of sales because valve desperatly needs money.

See the problem here?

Edited by MrPenguin, 25 June 2013 - 01:26 PM.

#249 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:26 PM

Once I get paid, I'm DEFINITELY getting one with a Thunderbolt. We may never get a Marauder, so I'll probably have to keep playing MechWarrior 3050 to put the two in battle, but I still love me a good TBolt. :wub:

#250 Star Witch Esperanza

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 203 posts

you guys gonna spend this money on mechwarrior tactics too?

#251 WaKK0

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 119 posts
  • LocationSTL

Oh... you want more money? Nope.

#252 Sealawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationBuckminster City, Buckminster Prefecture

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

PGI you have angered me for the last time.................

First you took my money for the Legendary and now you have taken my money for Overlord....................

DARN YOU PGI !!!!!!! DARN YOU TO HECK!!!!!

p.s. please make the Lognbow and I will give you my undying loyalty.

#253 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:28 PM

This may be why we don't have the more iconic Marauder and Warhammer: None of these mechs in MWO's project phoenix are from Macross but are instead from Crusher Joe (Locust) and Fang of the Sun Dougram (Shadow Hawk, thunder bolt and battle master) instead.

#254 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:30 PM

View PostJabilo, on 25 June 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

I think it started with articles like this one: http://www.joystiq.c...unders-program/

"The success of the Founder's Program reinforces IGP's vision to help independent developers build exceptional games with the right economic model for the global marketplace," said IGP CEO Nick Foster. "We are in a unique position to be able to deliver a pipeline of high quality, innovative content for online game players."

That pipeline includes the coming MechWarrior Tactics and Sins of a Dark Age.

Also, if you're interested in how many Founders there was, check out this thread: http://mwomercs.com/...unders-numbers/ (just short of 70,000).

#255 Morang

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

View PostPeRRaKo, on 25 June 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

I'm ok with these sales, what worries me is the reason they launch this packs now. We aren't even out of Open Beta (alpha build) yet and at the pace PGI is developing the game, if they ran out of the initial founders money + IGP funding + random investors money I really have little faith in their ¿hability? to give us a decent game.

I would expect decent stuff like lobbies, game modes, more maps (not remakes) to show us they are worthy of taking more of our money before they start another {Noble MechWarrior} milking.

Well, they planned a while ago to launch this fall. Think they'll do it ready or not, as it was with Open Beta - seems that's just their modus operandi, probably because of publisher's decision. So it's time to announce sales to deliver this fall.

Maps are lot harder to make than mechs. In WoT there is over 300 tanks (and each have some "variants" because of different turrets and guns) vs just 35 maps. If we'll try to take same proportion, it gives us just 3 (THREE) maps for current 23 mechs. And stuff like UI 2.0, game modes, community warfare and bughunting I hope we'll be able to test this summer before release. There's still no expiration date for this sale, nobody is forced to buy just now. Sales or not, I was eagerly looking forward for the next few patches even before this Phoenix announcement.

#256 Vasces Diablo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • LocationOmaha,NE

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

View Poststjobe, on 25 June 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

I think it started with articles like this one: http://www.joystiq.c...unders-program/

Also, if you're interested in how many Founders there was, check out this thread: http://mwomercs.com/...unders-numbers/ (just short of 70,000).

Some people also raised a stink because the user agreement for the game says that funds might be used for MWO, Tactics, and Dark Sun. But if you go to those sites, it's the exact same agreement. It's legal boilerplate stuff they paid for once and applied to all three products. So yes, there is prob some cash moving around as needed between the products, but that's just good business sense. While MWO does prob bring in more cash than the other two, there is the potential to grab cash from them if MWO needs it.

#257 The Mech behind you

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationGermany, Northern Baden-Württemberg

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

started the browser -> see something about a Project Phoenix -> clicking on it and reading -> head exploded!

wow! :wub:

#258 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:43 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 25 June 2013 - 11:01 AM, said:

[OMG info]

Now we know why the Flea (Locust clone) and the Orion (Thunderbolt clone) were delayed... and why the Zeus (Battlemaster clone) will never make it.

BTW, AMAZING STUFF! Shut up and take my money!

PS: goodbye Dervish. We will never miss you.

#259 ryoma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationCA

It's a shame people who want just, say the Battlemaster, have to spend 80$ to get what they want even if they have no interest in the rest.

Personally I want a Shadow Hawk and I can't justify wasting money on a 40 dollar pack that includes the Locust.

Quick act now! You can buy a Virtual boy for 20$ or you can buy a DS bundled with a virtual boy for 40$!

But I just want a DS, can't I just get a DS?

NOOOOO, you'll buy a DS with a ****** virtual boy and you'll like it!

#260 8Brim2

Rookie

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 3 posts

Yes ;P

40 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 40 guests, 0 anonymous users