Project Phoenix Leaked

1715 replies to this topic

#261 Jabilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:45 PM

View Poststjobe, on 25 June 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

I think it started with articles like this one: http://www.joystiq.c...unders-program/

Also, if you're interested in how many Founders there was, check out this thread: http://mwomercs.com/...unders-numbers/ (just short of 70,000).

Mmmm, I feel that if it was not true that PGI would have been quick to refute it.

They would never admit to it as the backlash would be terrible, so their silence is somewhat damning.

I would actually like a statement on this before I spring for the overlord pack.

I have to say though it is one hell of a tempting package. I only just re read some of the BT books including the scene where Hanse Davion jumps in his old Battlemaster to defend New Avalon from a Liao raid. Ye gods I want one!

#262 Assiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 539 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

to everyone stating that we will never see a Warhammer, or Marauder, ect. I direct you to the original Project Phoenix, http://www.sarna.net/wiki/TRO:PP

And just a quick glance at the shoulder art of the battlemaster's silhouette tells me that alex is already pulling inspiration from that artwork.

As for the current project Phoenix, I'll wait until I see a game plan from PGI to see how they plan to address the many issues people have been complaining about. I would love to purchase this GRABDEAL, but unless some serious changes and overhauls are coming down the pipe in terms of gameplay and game modes, I don't think it wise to support PGI financially.

#263 Mechkilla

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationGermany

View PostMischiefSC, on 25 June 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

Game fixes are completely different from new content. The game needs both. If you don't understand that it's two different things, well, helping you understand how businesses work, how money works and how time works is outside the scope of a forum post.

Content that is not working as intended because of missing game fixes, features or missbalance are not much worth. We know that this game is in heavy development and games in generel have bugs (even years later). So not everything will work right from the start. But if a company misses deadline after deadline (or timeframes like they now often use) and don't tell their customers (or those that have to be conviced) even in the last second why they missed it then they don't deserve our money.
Atm I am quite concerned mainly because of the lack of communication/information and the lack of (real) improvements. The game is quite addictive and can make a lot of fun but on the otherside it can be so painful because of the bugs and imbalance (most of them are known and discussed for months or longer).
So, if I don't see enough light on the horizon I will not spend more money on it till they convince me with ongoing improvements (don't see me as a parasite .. I have already bought two MC packages and both were not the smallest one).

View PostMischiefSC, on 25 June 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

I'll never understand why the idea that a business wants to make money offends people. PGI deserves to get paid for the work they do. In a F2P model this is how you do it. Early access isn't a bad option and the value for the money is actually there - I just might drop $80 on this. I got into Battletech because the logo was on a model of a Battlemaster I bought. I also loved my original Battlemaster in MW1.

Yes they do deserve money but as stated above people shouldn't spend their money blindly. I myself run a company that is quite dependent on satisfied costumers. They can quite easily change to a few competitors that I have to compete with if I screw up with them. In my eyes there is atm no real alternative for a mech based game (not Hawken, not Titanfall or a third one made of a know expert in mecha games (can't remember the name anymore)). IMO PGI has no direct competitor. You either can go to one of those semi-mecha games or back to a classic FPS like BF3/4 and so on. But they are completly different. Even if I like Battlefield and saw a lot of very tempting games during E3 ... I want to stay in MW:O ... but my patience is melting. I have nothing against the Phoenix Project but today they showed again how they are thinking ... and it is not the way how I like it to see (IMHO).

EDIT: I have to admit that the Locust looks very nice. The original one is ugly :wub:.

Edited by Mechkilla, 25 June 2013 - 01:50 PM.

#264 Faol

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 65 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:46 PM

Hm. That's all well and good - nice new mechs and stuff - but please think a bit of pausing trying to only get into the players wallets and finally START providing the real MWO game as announced many months before - where is ***community warfare***?? ... Occasional joydropping without any deeper reason gets boring, you know?

I spent about 150$ so far for this game until now, am legendary founder and bought additional MCs - quite much for A PC GAME, neh? And, sad but true, that alone is the only reason why i'm still playing it until nowadays ... with mixed feelings. New maps and new mechs are quite nice - but please ... pleeeaaase finally deliver the REAL game. Fullstop. I can't help, but I start to feel being duped ... ;-/

#265 Eximar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationStill living in 3025

View Postryoma, on 25 June 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

It's a shame people who want just, say the Battlemaster, have to spend 80$ to get what they want even if they have no interest in the rest.

Personally I want a Shadow Hawk and I can't justify wasting money on a 40 dollar pack that includes the Locust.

Quick act now! You can buy a Virtual boy for 20$ or you can buy a DS bundled with a virtual boy for 40$!

But I just want a DS, can't I just get a DS?

NOOOOO, you'll buy a DS with a ****** virtual boy and you'll like it!

You can buy any of the 4 for c-bills when they're released. No one has to buy anything.

#266 Valiant432

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGreater New Orleans

Shadow Hawk did it for this Overlord. Valiant 432 out...

#267 RAGE PRO

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

ugly packages, why i cant choice mech like founders?

#268 hargneux

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 104 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

View PostCathbadh, on 25 June 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

When Battletech was first released, several of the mech artworks were taken directly from Macross(Robotech). There were about a dozen, and for those of us who've been with it for decades see them as some of the most iconic mechs in the game.

Unfortunaetly because the art was the property of another company, legal issues erupted and they disappeared. You'll see them mentioned on this site and elsewhere as "The Unseen." Most are solid mech designs and all hold special places in the hearts of long time fans.

It looks like we'll be seeing at least 4 of them in this game with possibly altered art.

3 of the mechs featured in this pack are actually from a japanese animation called Fang of the Sun Dougram, and one from Crusher Joe.

The sarna.net article on the unseen is pretty accurate in this regard. http://sarna.net/wiki/Unseen

#269 LoveLost85

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 138 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

what exactly does "limited edition geometry" mean?

#270 POWR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 553 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

Great offering. I guess I'll bite for a chance to try out a light... and a new medium would be cool too.

And lol @ people who don't get how these things are not related to bug fixes or map building or whatever... man, you people really should educate yourselves.

#271 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:49 PM

#272 Scrawny Cowboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 574 posts
  • LocationVermont

Hmmm... gonna wait it out. Very cost effective deal, though don't like the fact you have to buy the Locust for each price option. Can't justify spending anymore money on video games since I have so little time for em between work and school anyways. ;)

#273 Eximar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationStill living in 3025

View PostLoveLost85, on 25 June 2013 - 01:48 PM, said:

what exactly does "limited edition geometry" mean?

Like the founders mechs, they will look slightly different than the other variants.

#274 Lucy Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 282 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:50 PM

Looks like I'm going to pony up more moolah. I have always wanted a T-bolt or Shadowhawk though (and Battlemasters are pretty sweet too).

#275 Straygo

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 36 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:50 PM

thats fraking awsome, but what i wanna know is, what are these "Loyalty POints" that the phoenix mechs are going to give a bonus to? is it a new form of currancy? or similar to what rift did, where you pay for premium time and you get rewards and you can use the points youve accumulated to buy little stuff like hanging items and camos and junk. Just curious as to what they were.

#276 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

View PostKyle Polulak, on 25 June 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

>hands Kyle a compliment for the smooth transition of web information without needing to restart the browser (major improvement since the site launched)<

#277 unwary

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 184 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:52 PM

Finally, a reason to come back to MWO.

#278 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

Now I'm dying to know what variants we are getting (outside the ones published, obviously).

wtb TDR-7SE, plzkthx ;)

I wonder if the command console will do something by the time the BLR drops. o.0

Edited by Bagheera, 25 June 2013 - 01:57 PM.

#279 ryoma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

View PostEximar, on 25 June 2013 - 01:46 PM, said:

You can buy any of the 4 for c-bills when they're released. No one has to buy anything.

I can't buy a Battlemaster until January though that way.

Why do people who only want a Locust get to spend 20$ to get everything they want, while people who only want X other mech have to buy several useless mechs to get what they want?

I suggest a 30$ tier in which one picks one of the four mechs.

Edited by ryoma, 25 June 2013 - 01:57 PM.

#280 JeremyCrow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLisbon

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

Well, the packages seem nice (despite people not being able to choose the mechs), but I'll wait for the next Creative Director update before getting anything. I need to know that there's more to MWO than just pick a mech, drop and fight. There has to be a bigger picture and I'm not sure if CW will be it. Yes I'm an Eve fan.

Edited by JeremyCrow, 25 June 2013 - 02:02 PM.

80 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 80 guests, 0 anonymous users