1715 replies to this topic

#601 Narcissistic Martyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:00 AM

A Shadowhawk? For me? Oh, PGI how could you have possibly known what I wanted for my birthday.

#602 Aaydin

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:00 AM

shut up and take my money?

#603 Kamies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 234 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:01 AM

As soon as PGI fixes the jumpjet fix, I will throw my money at them and buy the Overlord package. Before that, I just throw up from the jump jet shake.

#604 Battlefinger

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:04 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 26 June 2013 - 12:00 AM, said:

How do you think stuff gets paid for? Fixes, content, balancing, everything. Someone has to pay for it and amazingly enough that someone is the customer. This is how you pay for stuff only instead of getting things that don't interest you (paying MC for a Cicada anyone?) you get to drop some money that will go towards CW, balancing, bug fixes and the like while getting a good value on something you want.

This is what so many people don't seem to get. Those mechs are probably already pretty much done. You're not paying money for the mechs. They were paid for by Pretty Baby or something along those lines if not earlier. You're paying for the stuff that's not done yet.

It's a good value for content people want. There will always be balance fixes - the day will come when everyone has LPLs and talks about the glory days of PPCs being the best weapon. I strongly suspect a slow cycle of the meta is done on purpose for balancing just to motivate people to change up their builds and keep things fresher.

This is different though. This is good new content. If those mechs interest you (and you're old school enough) then it's worth it. In many ways this is a nice treat for the original core audience - long time, hardcore fans of the BT franchise.

I can almost guarantee those mechs are not already nearly done. I'm sure they are getting quicker at making mechs now, they are capable of pushing out some pretty high quality stuff on time every patch and they have done it many times now. But they wouldn't be holding off on delivering the package until friggin October if they were nearly done :)

I don't think people don't udnerstand that everything costs money. They know what they are buying. But by comparison to other companies working on large scale products, it is fair to say that PGI is working significantly slower than most of us ever anticipated. This game was in development for quite some time before we could even play it. This game is not far from being in a year of open beta, and over 6 months of closed beta before that. I'm afraid I can't name any other games that have had a beta time longer than this, and in that time, it's just been expansion on existing content. The map count has gron (a little) and the mech count has grown. The weapon/equipment count and grown a little too. It is often worth reminding myself how small the company actually is, they aren't that big. They didn't even have proper networking people for long time, and I think the networking problems really held up the game for a while. But now they have been almost totally resolved, with only some minor additions to the host-state-rewind system to make. Nothing should be slowing them now. UI 2.0 has taken too long to arrive, and CW is even more overdue. Nice to hear next month we will be getting a glimpse of both (probably) but I am still not content with the speed of development.

4 months till I actually receive what I just paid for is a bit of a pain.

#605 Windies

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:05 AM

Here's hoping PGI can sucker another 5 mil out of jaded gullible Mechwarrior fans BEFORE CW drops. It worked out real good with the founders program....

#606 Nuesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 341 posts
  • LocationFreudenberg

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:06 AM

So well another Overlord buyer reports in :)

#607 Hador

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:13 AM

View PostTaynak, on 26 June 2013 - 01:00 AM, said:

if i buy a lower package to get the early bird special then upgrade afterward would i be able to get the early bird special and still upgrade to the overloard? like say i get the lowest one... the $20 one... then when i get paid i upgrade... and also would i have to pay $80 on top of the $20 or would i just pay the difference?
The 30d early bird Bonus applies to all different packages, so my guess is that it would work...and for the upgrade you should only be charged the difference (at least that's how it worked for founders).

#608 Beef Hands

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:25 AM

View PostSteve Varayis, on 25 June 2013 - 10:11 PM, said:

You people...

This is a Win/Win situation

We get some ******* good mechs, mechbays, items, items, premium time, AND forum titles, all for the low low price of 80 bucks! We ALSO get announcements of when CW will come out, as Loyalty has already been put in.

They get some ******* funding, which they probably need, for the game, as well as MWT and whatever the other one is

That is a good deal, Quiaff?

That is not a good deal. The founders program was a seed fund to bring this game into a meaningful launch. The game is behind schedule. The netcode is terrible. The weapons are still horribly imbalanced after a year. Hitboxes are still a huge issue. The matchmaking system is abysmal. The communication between the devs and players has ground to a halt. I won't give PGI another dime until they deliver the goods I paid for on faith and beta tested with diligence.

#609 anfadern

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 270 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:30 AM

Overlord package ordered and I still feel confident that they actually will deliver many, many hours of good fun :)

#610 Dazzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 216 posts
  • LocationSpain next to Gibraltar

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:40 AM

OK I will need a battle master when the wife see the credit card bill. I may be a Overlord on mechwarrior online. But in our house my name will be mud :)

#611 Sidebewb

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:53 AM

Where do I see on my profile that my order has been received and accepted?

#612 Mahws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:54 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 25 June 2013 - 11:49 PM, said:

5 mil $ off founders program, who knows how much more off later sales ... even if they have thousands of them designers thats more then enough. Money income rate is far greater then bug fixes rate, those guys don't work well enough for that kind of salary.

Piranha didn't get 5 mil. A significant (undisclosed) portion of the founder profits went to IGP's other developers to fund Mechwarrior: Tactics and their LoL/DotA wannabe Sins of a Dark Age. I would hardly be surprised if the same wasn't true for later MC sales as well.

#613 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:56 AM

View PostWindies, on 26 June 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

Here's hoping PGI can sucker another 5 mil out of jaded gullible Mechwarrior fans BEFORE CW drops.

Then again... all of these come with additional CW bonuses, so they are probably going to have CW done by then... hopefully.

#614 Arkatrex

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 79 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:57 AM

80$ for 12 Mechs, 120 days of premium time + other digital stuff?

That's much better than the Founders Package (125$;4 Mechs, 25k C-Bills, 6 months of premium time).

Shut up and take my money!

Edited by Arkatrex, 26 June 2013 - 01:58 AM.

#615 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:01 AM

View PostMahws, on 26 June 2013 - 01:54 AM, said:

Piranha didn't get 5 mil. A significant (undisclosed) portion of the founder profits went to IGP's other developers to fund Mechwarrior: Tactics and their LoL/DotA wannabe Sins of a Dark Age.

Those have their own founders programs. Even if 50% of funds made off the founders and sales went somewhere else its still a huge amount of money..

#616 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:02 AM

View PostArkatrex, on 26 June 2013 - 01:57 AM, said:

That's much better than the Founders Package (125$;4 Mechs, 25k C-Bills, 6 months of premium time).

Well, the Founders Package also included early beta access, so there's that.

#617 Cab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:08 AM

View PostSandarhar, on 25 June 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

this game got .. what .. some 80 mechs?
this game is not accommodating of new players
this game is way behind schedule
this game is buggy as heck
this game is way unbalanced
this game is still the same old run around and shoot everyone 8vs8 sim
this game still got no meta game

sooo .. way to go to introduce still more mechs in order to milk the community for yet more money

You forgot to add:

this game is beta

#618 NUK3

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:13 AM

Hell yeah! As a poor computer science student I need to save a bit for a month or two, but the Overlord package will be mine. And so shall victory. And that awesome looking Locust of course.

Edit:
To those of you complaining about the game's status regarding bugs and balancing, rest assured that this game could do far worse. IMHO this game's progress is quite promising and the dev team has my uttermost respect for doing so well. They started out with a very experimental version of the Cry Engine, and from my experience with "experimental versions" of engines, libraries, etc. they're doing very well.

I'm playing on a very weak machine (Core 2 Duo E8400) and since their latest performance patch this game runs quite smoothly. And since their latest netcode patch I did not miss a target due to netcode/ping issues. So, if I look at what this game was like when open beta started, and compare this with it's current status, I'd say it made a very good progress.

Edited by NUK3, 26 June 2013 - 02:27 AM.

#619 Solarflux

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationDeventer, Netherlands

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:15 AM

Well, to be honest I am slightly disappointed. Not about the fact that we get new mechs, I love that. But as a founder, I feel slightly screwed. I paid $60 for 1 mech and some premium time. Now, we get offered a total of 3 premium mechs ánd 6 basic variants ánd premium time for the same amount of cash. Really, this is the way to award founders? At least reimburse founders with the basic variants of the foundermechs they ordered? It would still be a mediocre offering, but better than what we've currently got.

#620 Draco Harkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationIn the good part of Battletech, the tabletop.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:15 AM

You're all insane, you didnt learn anything from the founders scam did you? Wheres this money going to? Hail Mary online?

Get the ******* CW out the door and the clans next with a proper Dx11 and netcode PGI and stop messing around.

If anyone buys this they are either daddy's boy with a daddy's gold card or an insanely wealthy dude who loves to get lost causes and being swingled, if that is the case i want to talk to you about the Draco Harkins retirement fund if you love to waste money around...

Edited by Draco Harkins, 26 June 2013 - 02:16 AM.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users