Project Phoenix Leaked

1715 replies to this topic

#321 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:32 PM

View PostDireWolf307, on 25 June 2013 - 02:30 PM, said:

Same here. The Reseens are big for me, I hope they do more.

There are only three more, one of which is a quad (Scorpion) and unlikely to be implemented. But we might see the Griffin and the Wolverine (both sitting pretty at 55 tons).

All the rest of the Unseen are Macross designs and very unlikely to ever be in MWO unless Harmony Gold somehow manages to go out of business. I'm not holding my breath for that.

#322 Valore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:32 PM

My 2 cents.

We've complained in the past that PGI was charging too much/offering poor value. This is a great step in the right direction, and is a great deal.

In terms of MC value alone if you're a completionist:

120 days premium time is around USD40.

4 Hero Mechs would be around another USD10 each even for cheap ones, so USD40.

Plus free mechbays to go with your free 8 mechs.

That already covers your layout for the top tier pack and some.

However, I wish they'd also make me feel equally pleasantly surprised update wise by keeping more in touch with community concerns about some glaring community issues. Especially on the technical side of things, as well as the balance/mm/lack of CW concerns.

Edited by Valore, 25 June 2013 - 02:41 PM.

#323 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:35 PM

Oh, oh, just when I thought I'd start spending less...You going to get my wife to kill me!

I'm not the biggest fan of the Thunderbolt, but the other three had me at 'Hello'! ;)

'We're not worthy, we're not worthy!'

#324 ryuasiu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:36 PM

View PostDireWolf307, on 25 June 2013 - 02:30 PM, said:

What exactly haven't the Founders gotten yet?

Same here. The Reseens are big for me, I hope they do more.

Well lets see, There's CW that has been pushed back what? 4-5 times now with no explanation? net code is still buggy. Constantly crashes on friends PC even though the thing is a beast.

#325 Darkside7777

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 47 posts

AWESOME! Thank you PGI!!!!!

#326 Renaissance

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationNew Jerusalem, Tharkad

I like how any negative criticism is just blown off as 'crying and whining'. I want to enjoy the Battlemaster as much as anyone, but noone in this game is going to enjoy playing with their new Reseens if the servers are closed down and PGI takes their money and heads to tahiti like in that episode of the Simpsons.

Really it comes down to which of those mechs are going to be able to boat the most AC20s or PPCs and if it'll be comparable to a 6 PPC stalker or a dual AC20 Jager.

Because other mechs are obsolete and you gimp your team by not running the latest high alpha cheese build.

And people who want to play other mechs are going to be disappointed to find themselves at the business end of a 6 PPC stalker in their Thunderbolt and realize they just don't have the ability to take them out.

PGI needs to show us some kind of sign that they care about gameplay balance instead of just feeding us new mechs without any regard to how overpowered they are and how they make older mechs obsolete. A Dual AC20 Jager can do a better job than my Founder's Atlas can, and it can do it faster.

#327 Commander Kobold

• The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 25 June 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

Greedy much? Fix the game first then farm more money off people.

don't want it don't buy it easy as that.

#328 DireWolf307

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts
  • LocationSt. Ives, St. Ives Compact

View Poststjobe, on 25 June 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

There are only three more, one of which is a quad (Scorpion) and unlikely to be implemented. But we might see the Griffin and the Wolverine (both sitting pretty at 55 tons).

All the rest of the Unseen are Macross designs and very unlikely to ever be in MWO unless Harmony Gold somehow manages to go out of business. I'm not holding my breath for that.

Read what DirePhoenix wrote above. If PGI does completely new designs for the Macross Unseens, which they have to do anyway, there should be no legal issues. I'm sure HG will whine and cry, but if they are completely new designs that have only vague layouts and names in common with the contended designs, there's really nothing they can do. The names were a BT invention from the beginning and the general layouts are not enforceable (otherwise there's a whole lot of mecha designs in a whole lot of works that would be in trouble).

#329 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

View Post627, on 25 June 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

Exactly. That money won't go to pgi. What do you thinkthey are, a charity developer company? They need to earn money to pay a dev to make that hero jenner. Those guys need to make their living, too. What do you expect? Be realistic. And you should be thankful they will make that hero mech. And you should thank everybody who buys anything from pgi because these people are the reason they can pay the dev who builds that mech which earns some money for that cancer research.

An you, sir, shouldn't insult other sirs because there opinion differs from yours. Sir.

You've already shown your 'opinion' of 'that damn mech'. Trust me if you'd said that being in the same room with I'd do more then just insult you.[redacted]

PGI made at least 5 mil $ off the founders program, hell knows how much more off the sales afterwards. Whats an average dev salary nowadays? And just how many devs they got ... thousands? Don't think so ...

Edited by miSs, 25 June 2013 - 04:28 PM.
coc violation

#330 SgtMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:38 PM

View PostSandarhar, on 25 June 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

this game got .. what .. some 80 mechs?
this game is not accommodating of new players
this game is way behind schedule
this game is buggy as heck
this game is way unbalanced
this game is still the same old run around and shoot everyone 8vs8 sim
this game still got no meta game

sooo .. way to go to introduce still more mechs in order to milk the community for yet more money

this game gave me broken promisses
this game has no lobby
this game has no collective training grounds to help new players
this game removed teamplay
this game nerfed teamates
this game alienated all my friends
this game has no clan mechs
this game has no clan invasion

this game took all my money and gave me motion sickness in return and many broken promises...

* Next couple of weeks will be do or die*

if you want compliments, cure my motion sickness doctor..!

#331 Endude

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 40 posts
  • LocationSolaris, drinking over priced beer.

I am not sure this is what the game, or the community needs. That being said, I'm not buying this, and refuse to spend a single dollar more on MWO. Not until at the very least there is an actual game to support the constant stream of sales, specials, and so on. Just kind of disappointing imo that with the amount of funds made available by this community, the game exists in the state that it is. Sad.

#332 Sidra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

as much as I have been biting at the limbs for a Zeus, I think this is awesome news XD

#333 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:39 PM

I... I... I must spend money... Must have Thunderbolt! Must have THUNDERBOLT!

I can die happy now.

#334 Sidra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:42 PM

zin all news, I might spend the 80, even though I'm saving money for my RL needs >.> who needs food

#335 ryoma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:42 PM

View PostValore, on 25 June 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

My 2 cents.

We've complained in the past that PGI was charging too much/offering poor value. This is a great step in the right direction, and is a great deal.

In terms of MC value alone if you're a completionist:

120 days premium time is around USD40.

4 Hero Mechs would be around another USD10 each even for cheap ones, so USD40.

Plus free mechbays to go with your free 8 mechs.

That already covers your layout for the top tier pack and some.

However, I wish they'd also make me feel equally pleasantly surprised update wise by keeping more in touch with community concerns about some glaring community issues. Especially on the technical side of things, as well as the balance/mm/lack of CW concerns.

This would be a great value, but Being charged 40 dollars for three medium mechs or 80 for 3 assaults is ridiculous.

This is assuming, that like me, the player buying only cares for one specific mech.

#336 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:43 PM

View PostRenaissance, on 25 June 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

And people who want to play other mechs are going to be disappointed to find themselves at the business end of a 6 PPC stalker in their Thunderbolt and realize they just don't have the ability to take them out.

Have you met my friend, the 4 energy, 1 ballistic, JJ wearing, ECM toting TDR-7SE? Man do I hope we get that variant.

#337 DozyBugger

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationMuntedChurch, New Zealand

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:43 PM

Damn they found the give me your money button, and you go and let me use Ultimate game cards.....Let it be on your conscience PGI the wife and kids are going hungry for the next few days.

Yay my favorite mech the thunderbolt, I want it to play thunderstruck by AC\DC when it gets a kill, I'll pay more for that
"you've been.......Thunderstruck"

Now that would be Boss

Edited by DozyBugger, 25 June 2013 - 02:46 PM.

#338 Havok1978

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 371 posts
  • LocationTexaz!!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:47 PM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 25 June 2013 - 12:54 PM, said:

They just announced four more new mechs on top of the three already pending, and you call it content-lacking.

What do you REALLY think this game's financial draw is? Philosophical agreeability?

you obviously confuse "content" with bling.
Content would include things like
-Maps
-Game modes
-Community Warfare
-Private Match Making
-Lobbies
-Multi-que
-12 vs 12

you know... the stuff they promised like 4 months ago we want.

at the moment, as long as people keep buying thier MC's and hero mechs etc, they will continue to focus on giving us the same crap in a different wrapper.
the moment this community stands up and stops letting the marketing dept direct the flow of the development of this game, the sooner they will focus on fixing it instead of creating cash grabs.
we understand you need profit.. but we need a stable product. stablize the product first, **** my wallet later.. I've already demonstrated the will to shell out a ton of cash, stop making me regret it. I really want to spend more, but I refuse till PGI changes its priorities.
we dont want duke nuke'em forever.. and ever and ever and with mechs...

this game is more F--ked up than a tipped over tackle-box

#339 DreyfussFrost

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:47 PM

View PostHavok1978, on 25 June 2013 - 02:45 PM, said:

you obviously confuse "content" with bling.
Content would include things like
-Maps
-Game modes
-Community Warfare
-Private Match Making
-Lobbies
-Multi-que
-12 vs 12

-Content
-Feature
-Feature
-Feature
-Feature
-Feature
-Feature

#340 Commander Kobold

• The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

View PostTennex, on 25 June 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

one thing i'm confused about it says these 4 come out october-january.

do the preorder people get them earlier?

yes

22 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 22 guests, 0 anonymous users