1715 replies to this topic

#361 BulletChief

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 292 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:11 PM

what about bug fixes and balance treatments (ppcs) before you rip us off again...
and still no details about community warfare...

Edited by BulletChief, 25 June 2013 - 03:11 PM.

#362 LoveLost85

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 138 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:13 PM

View PostRenaissance, on 25 June 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

I like how any negative criticism is just blown off as 'crying and whining'. I want to enjoy the Battlemaster as much as anyone, but noone in this game is going to enjoy playing with their new Reseens if the servers are closed down and PGI takes their money and heads to tahiti like in that episode of the Simpsons.

Really it comes down to which of those mechs are going to be able to boat the most AC20s or PPCs and if it'll be comparable to a 6 PPC stalker or a dual AC20 Jager.

Because other mechs are obsolete and you gimp your team by not running the latest high alpha cheese build.

And people who want to play other mechs are going to be disappointed to find themselves at the business end of a 6 PPC stalker in their Thunderbolt and realize they just don't have the ability to take them out.

PGI needs to show us some kind of sign that they care about gameplay balance instead of just feeding us new mechs without any regard to how overpowered they are and how they make older mechs obsolete. A Dual AC20 Jager can do a better job than my Founder's Atlas can, and it can do it faster.
the BLR-1G has 8 energy weapons, so yeah itll replace the stalker ppc boat surely lol. "BLR-1G BattleMaster Red Corsair - The personal 'Mech of the mysterious Red Corsair started life as a Royal BLR-1G model, but was refitted with a Clan-tech weaponry and structural components. A single ER PPC was located in each arm, with a Large Pulse Laser installed in the center torso, and all six the Medium Lasers were upgraded to Medium Pulse Lasers. Twenty-one double heat sinks managed the heat generated by these weapons. To command her force, the Red Corsair's BattleMaster mounted a Command Console in the head. Sixteen tons of standard armor protected an Endo Steel skeleton and an XL Engine. BV (2.0) = 2,472[42]" from sarna OFC

Edited by LoveLost85, 25 June 2013 - 03:14 PM.

#363 JohnnyWayne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:14 PM

Well, you made many people happy.

But... No Macross mechs, not really worth the money for me. Marauder... Q_Q

#364 LastPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 596 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

View PostxDeityx, on 25 June 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

What exactly is a Phoenix BattleMech? How is it different from the standard variants? Are they like Hero 'mechs? Champions?

Yeah those questions crossed my mind too, fleetingly, as I was typing in my credit card number.

#365 Havok1978

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 371 posts
  • LocationTexaz!!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:17 PM

all i can hear in my head is "the roof is on fire"
rancid version please entitled "burn" from the album nihlism... or however its spelt

Edited by Havok1978, 25 June 2013 - 03:20 PM.

#366 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:18 PM

MECHGASM

#367 Hellhammer

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 30 posts
  • LocationArkab (X: 77.23 Y: 202.24)

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:23 PM

Posted Image

#368 M4jk

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 51 posts
  • LocationCZ

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

View PostOmni 13, on 25 June 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

but you're paying 80$ for 12 mechs plus 12 mech bays plus 90 days premium time...

120 days premium time;) At least till 25th July ...

#369 Alymbic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 600 posts
  • LocationSpace Australia

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:27 PM

Sounds really nice, but I have to ask for an all leather interior with a mahogany dash. I think it would really accentuate the feel of the mech.

#370 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:29 PM

View PostHellhammer, on 25 June 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

Posted Image

My goodness, the Walmart Mech. Hit a treadmill.

#371 Felbombling

• 2,978 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:29 PM

The BattleMaster will be able to hill-hump all day long. Four of the energy hard points will be high on the torso. Hey... and a missile rack on the shoulder. While I love that everyone seems really happy with the new Mech announcements, a few hours ago the forums were still active with threads discussing game balance, alpha strikes, the overuse of Heavy and Assault Mechs... yet everyone seems to be fumbling with their wallets in a frantic dash to send PGI money. Take a step back and reflect on what has been happening the last few months. Hate to break it to everyone, but all these Mechs will have the exact same armour values as the TT rules, with the added frustration of pinpoint weapon convergence and a ridiculous heat system. Same ****, different package. I'm holding out for some important core game mechanic adjustments.

#372 Damecles

• PipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 55 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta. Canada

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:30 PM

Thanks PGI, this has made my day! The only bad thing about this is we have to wait till Oct.15 to get your mechs...the waiting just might kill me:P

#373 Dashwood Fox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 110 posts
  • LocationHamilton, ON

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:31 PM

Pretty much any Light Mech that doesn't look like a person gets me pretty excited. I'll be buying the lowest tier at least.

#374 Corbon Zackery

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:31 PM

Curse you.

Were's my wallet?

#375 Vectoron The Black Minister

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 375 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

TAKE MY DAMN MONEY!

#376 impaledface

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 50 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:34 PM

I for one am going to wait till I can see the new mechs and what each variant that is going to get the bonuses entail hardpoint wise. I will probably end up using all the mechs later on anyways, and I wouldn't mind supporting the game more. I also want to see what the next patch will entail when july comes around and if UI 2.0 will actually come out.

#377 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:38 PM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 25 June 2013 - 02:20 PM, said:

Well when a car company sells a broken car and then instead of fixing the broken one they sell you a new one, that is probably broken just as much ...

What bugs me most is that its just such an obvious way to milk money. Today we were supposed to get Sarah's mech. We didn't get it. Project Phoenix comes first. Just shows you what PGI values more ... their players or their players money.

As with all instances, the consumer has the ultimate power; vote with your wallet. If it's not worth it to you, don't purchase it. But don't confuse it with greed as well.

If the message comes across that the consumer base will keep shelling out money, the PGI understandably will take that into account and assume the player base is content; if enough close their wallet until fixes are made, then that sends the appropriate message to them as well. Either way, the acts must be done en masse.

#378 Spr1ggan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,162 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:38 PM

Gotta say this awesome, been wanting both the Shadowhawk and Battlematser in the game for a while now and want the T-bolt now as well...The Locust not so much lol. However unless the meta has changed by the time these puppies come out, count on seeing many reseen's running around with as many PPCs as they can equip. *sigh*

#379 FETTY WAP

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 456 posts
  • Locationspaaaace

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:41 PM

That's how they GETCHA

#380 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:42 PM

View PostCYBRN4CR, on 25 June 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

OH

MY

GOD

YOU

GUYS

ACTUALLY

DID IT

RESEENS FOR EVERYONE!!!! :wub:

Best announcement ever right?!?! I have already shipped my wallet via electronic express to PGI! ;)

Not to mention, you have premium time, up to 12 mechs (with garage slots) for a max $80! That is an amazing deal. Wish we had 12 mechs with the founders sale :wub: :(

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users