#381 ApolloKaras

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:47 PM

I guess I'm in the minority.

PGI you have to be out of your mind. You all haven't been able to keep any deadline date that you've set for yourselves. I look back at all the Dev blogs and just straight laugh out loud, now you present this... There was 5 Million made on the founders program alone, thats not counting any other investors that may have bought into it. Currently we have a game that has been in beta for a year, and UI 2.0 getting pushed back constantly, and I feel the community as a whole is going to have to see something MORE than just a few mechs, and a few months of premium time?? What am I going to use the time for?? What mech could I NOT get within the last 12 months that I've been playing this, that now the premium time will allow me to get....

#382 Tekadept

• Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:48 PM

This is a blatant grab at the dedicated Battletech fans who KNOW about the unseen mechs who don't "seem" to fit their "target audience", Sure new people to the franchise will buy into it just for the perks etc and thats cool, but definetely aimed at the preexisting fans otherwise they could have done a package with any other mechs

Remember this sale goes for at least a month, so if your not sure don't rush in, wait to see what great patch changes happen between now and then. If I do get it, it sure wont be for the locust.

Sure I want me a thunderbolt and shadowhawk, but as a founder, fool me once, shame on me......

Edited by Tekadept, 25 June 2013 - 03:57 PM.

#383 Dedzone

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

Wow, all these suckers.

The game is in a serious state of crap at the moment, PGI has told us VERY little about how CW is going to work and what is involved with it, you know...CW, the MAIN SELLING point that is "supposed" to be the core of this game, and here they are making another $80 money grab.

I know the argument that, hey, if people want to spend their money, go for it. Just goes to show though how easily people can be bought off. Once they get these mechs in the game, guess what, same crap in game thats been there for a year. And for founders who buy this, you just paid 160 bucks FOR A BETA!

So yes, suckers!

#384 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

View PostTekadept, on 25 June 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

This is a blatant grab at the dedicated Battletech fans who KNOW about the unseen mechs who don't "seem" to fit their "target audience", Sure new people to the franchise will buy into it just for the perks etc and thats cool, but definetely aimed at the preexisting fans otherwise they could have done a package with any other mechs

Remember this sale goes for at least a month, so if your not sure don't rush in, wait to see what great patch changes happen between now and then. If I do get it, it sure wont be for the locust.

As a founder, fool me once, shame on me......

Fool me twice... **** it! I don't care _how_ stupid it makes me look. I still get my THUNDERBOLT! ;)

#385 Vermaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

A new Founder/Hero program all in one, with a better CB boost than Founder and the inclusion of Loyalty Point booster to invalidate Hero mechs.

You HAVE to buy the Locust to even try and get in on this, and it carries four ballistic points in a 20 ton mech. No ECM, no jets, relies on machine guns which are still terrible against armored mechs.

In short, this is a new cash infusion program for what is STILL a beta game, with a carrot-on-a-stick set of mechs that boost Loyalty Points in CW. Oh, and CW was delayed, again.

No, I don't think this plan is worth it, but I do suspect this will be the model used to "introduce" playable Clan mechs.

#386 Pinkamena Diane Pie

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 34 posts
  • LocationPonyville, EQ

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:54 PM

Bah more weapons situated on the right half of the mech.
Wasn't the big ol' cannon supposed to be on the left side of the thunderbolt?

#387 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:57 PM

Nope. The Large Laser has always been on the T-bolt's right arm. 3 Medium Lasers in the Left Torso. Machine Guns in the Left Arm and I can't quite remember in which torso sections the SRM and LRM are.

#388 DoktorVivi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 239 posts
  • LocationWyoming

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

I'd like to see the difference between the mechs with 'limited edition geometry' and the regular versions.

#389 Skydrive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 286 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

I hope that when the clans come, those that have things like a founders Jenner, founders Hunchback, project phoenix Locust, and project phoenix Shadow Hawk, will get a founders Jenner IIC, founders Hunchback IIC, project phoenix Locust IIC, and a project phoenix Shadow Hawk IIC for free ;) Lets face it, that would be VERY awesome of them if they did. Going around in a Hunch carrying 2 Ultra AC 20's and with a 30% C-Bill boost :(

#390 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:59 PM

So we have an assortment of mechs that can only be purchased with real money for a limited span of time. I seriously hope these mechs are very well balanced, because I can see the community crying out that these are very Pay-to-Win if they're even slightly perceived to be overpowered.

That said, I'm cautiously optimistic.

#391 The Cheese

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,558 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:00 PM

Genius move. Guaranteed money for now, guaranteed players until at least October.

That said, I'll be waiting until at least July 24th before I make my decision on this one. Longer if I don't like the state of things when that time comes.

Edited by The Cheese, 25 June 2013 - 04:03 PM.

#392 Vermaxx

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:01 PM

You can keep hoping, Skydrive, but you will be disappointed. Most likely you'll get another forum badge and the like. They spell out what you get for stacking Founder and Phoenix, and it isn't additional mechs. No reason why Clan participation would do that either.

#393 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:02 PM

Well this is actually interesting however, I am disappointed in the fact you can't chose your mechs like you were able to do in the Founders packs. I would be willing to invest $40 into the package but I would be interested Thunderbolt and Battlemaster. The Shadow Hawk might be ok but I hate playing lights so that ends up wasted money for me.

#394 Steelgrave

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 239 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

I think I just...yup, be right back, gotta change my shorts.

Okay.

Back.

My beloved BLR-1G! ;)

Shut up and take my money!

#395 Splinters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 268 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:16 PM

I'm so torn about this issue.

On one hand, I love the Re-Seen launch as it gives hope that my Griffin will see the light of day as well.

But on the other, if we're not able to get more maps per month, it doesn't seem worth it to invest in more mechs. at 51 mechs today and I'm not sure if there is enough playability if we're not getting more maps at a faster rate.

What to do....

-S

#396 Vermaxx

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:17 PM

I'm going to predict the Shadow Hawk 2H equips two energy on the right arm (doubling book), missile in head (Streak/SRM4/LRM5), missile right torso (piddly 5 tubes), ballistic left torso. Pretty light for a 55 ton mech. Even if it carries two ballistic and more missiles, this is a soft mech. Incidentally, this is either a Clan refit (not possible), or a named hero variant using a Heavy PPC and a Light PPC, items not in the game.

Thunderbolt 5S is also a Clan refit, which means it won't be carrying those items. Probably the 5Sb load - LRM with Artemis, Streak, ERPPC, two small puses, 3 mediums, LRM15. One energy right arm, two or three missile right torso, three enrgy left torso, two energy left arm.

The Battlemaster, who knows. The "1G" is the default build but there is a named hero and four named subvariants of "1G" on Sarna for a total of six possible builds to translate. Bad news is a couple of them incorporate a Command Console which is still worthless in MWO, so maybe it will have several ECM variants.

Edited by Vermaxx, 25 June 2013 - 04:18 PM.

#397 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:18 PM

Sweet. I guess this is what all that stored up art and so on has been building toward.

Plus, Shadow Hawk! Huzzah!

I'm likely to pick up the 80 USD package.

#398 5th Fedcom Rat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 893 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:18 PM

Meh, not sure how to feel about this. I'm happy for people who missed the first founder's package, or couldn't buy it because they were outside North America. To me, though, it just comes across as IGP's annual founders fund raising drive to continue on with business as usual, which I'm really not satisfied with any more. I roll my eyes at more mechs and premium time because that won't solve what's so very broken/stale with this game.

Also, I am sincerely happy for the old time tabletop players who had special nostalgia for these mechs. However, I got into Battletech right when the initial legal troubles with Harmony Gold were hitting, so these mechs were already starting to disappear from products I bought. Thus, I don't have the sentimental attachment as some do. The ones I did like in particular (Rifleman, Marauder, Warhammer) aren't part of this promotion so meh. I don't like the art for this new locust redesign at all - it's fairly beefy and looks more like a bushwacker (50 ton) sized medium mech. Don't see how it will look right next to the flea, which is the same tonnage but suitably "light" looking in the art.

The fact you can only get the Battlemaster by choosing the $80 package makes the whole thing seem much more stingy and cynical than the flexible founder's packages were. What's the point of spending $20 for a locust, which will be even worse than the spider? It's like $80 or get out here, and I'm way too down on the game at this time to throw yet another $80 at it.

So for now, I don't think I'll be purchasing any of these packages. I don't want to be one of those folks who complains, complains, complains then laps up any bone PGI throws with that obnoxious "take my money" quote. If you people want to keep the pressure on the devs to make some necessary radical overhauls, I think it may be necessary to show some backbone and willpower for once and keep your wallet in your pocket.

Edited by 5th Fedcom Rat, 25 June 2013 - 04:39 PM.

#399 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:19 PM

Awesoooooooooome!

#400 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

so 12 mechs and 120 days of premium time for $80? im in!!!

58 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 58 guests, 0 anonymous users