1715 replies to this topic

#681 Project Dark Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 237 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:10 AM

Weak-willed? What if I said that I've been fairly content (if slightly displeased with the bigger game elements' delays at the very least) with the game's direction, the balance coming together, nearly every 'Mech having its place in the game right now? Look, I'm not trying to "legitimize" my big money purchases, except for the fact that I'm essentially trying to "donate" to PGI/IGP right now to get the game I want. They've not truly let me down QUITE yet, bad patches aside.

#682 Nehkrosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 772 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:10 AM

is the shadowhawk not being revealed today?

#683 Chairman Meow

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:11 AM

I think some people still don't realize that those unique mechs you get will be the same variants as those that will be released at the dates stated in the FAQ. The only difference will be looks and the bonus xp/loyality gain.

Basically the same as the founders and champion mechs.

Pricewise still a good pack.

#684 Davila Sombre

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 71 posts
  • LocationKrasnogorsk

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:12 AM

With the current choice of the weapons, this mechs are waste of moneys. And, wait a minute, i need to wait 4 mechs for а half of a year? You kidding?! I wonder, when clan tech will be presented (if so)... You guys really need to speed up your job!

#685 Corison

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:12 AM

View PostDredhawk, on 26 June 2013 - 06:03 AM, said:

mmmm don't know if I want the Battlemaster the Cockpit so big it would be a easily killed unless they made it smaller or made the hit box small or something...LOL I would rather throw my money at Clan Mechs I started my interested into Battletech about the time of the Clan Invasion so I tend to be more interested in clan stuff then the early Battletech stuff....

Only if PGI is silly enough to make the head hit area based on how the mech looks YET AGAIN. Oh well they do like repeating their mistakes. <_<

Edited by Corison, 26 June 2013 - 06:13 AM.

#686 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:14 AM

View PostNehkrosis, on 26 June 2013 - 06:10 AM, said:

is the shadowhawk not being revealed today?

Project Phoenix was revealed at about 12 noon PDT, so if they follow that time for the 'mech reveals, you have about five hours to wait for the SHD reveal.

#687 Ian McMill

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:15 AM

Great deal but how about bug fixes and maps ? Did you run out of coders and hired PR staff instead ? <_<

I have just stumbled over a section in the Phoenix FAQs stating the release dates of these new mechs:

Oct 15, 2013: Locust
Nov 20, 2013: Shadowhawk
Dec 18, 2013: Thunderbolt
Jan 22, 2014: Battlemaster

Well, that is a long time until introduction. When considering rate of released bug fixes and content patches (warfare/maps) we can get an estimated "gold" release in mid-2015 with the release of Star Citizen.

Edited by Ian McMill, 26 June 2013 - 06:22 AM.

#688 Nehkrosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 772 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:16 AM

lame

#689 Viper69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,204 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:18 AM

View PostAegis Kleais, on 26 June 2013 - 06:06 AM, said:

I find that many people with weak wills feel they are impelled to purchase. But at the same time they are not happy with the product as it is. I would think that any base logic would tell them to not continue putting money into something that they do not feel is prioritizing the outstanding issue (in your and other's cases, that's bug squashing) You're not being forced to buy this product. It is merely a method for those who are currently happy to provide additional revenue so they can continue working on the product.

Maybe it's because I don't fall into the who status desiring motiff, that I don't understand where people are coming from. If something is limited time and you want to buy it, but at the same time do not want to spend more money because the game isn't up to par, your choices are simple. Either be a hypocrite and pay for the item in order to sate your desire for the product, or hold fast to your power as a consumer, forego your want, and refuse to pay until the product is brought up to your standards.

I can't say whether making the product FREE for Founders would work (a discount would show appreciation), but a F2P game with no income is just destined to close shop. Money has to be made, and that does not equate to greed in and of itself. Someone ran the numbers, and for what you get at these prices, you're getting a phenomenal amount of things. 12 Mech Bays, 12 Mechs, 4 with special skins and bonuses, 120 days of premium, cockpit items. If you look at it that way, they are giving their players a deal and a half.

Don't get me wrong, though. One of the reasons I'm not partaking in Phoenix IS because of just what you indicated, an outstanding bug or issue that is not being fixed (for me, the netcode). My logic is "It is nearing a year and I've seen NO progress on a bug that highly deters entertainment from me" So, it was an easy choice for me not to purchase Phoenix Plans, even though they are good deals. I am speaking with my wallet; it's all I can do as a consumer.

Couldn't have said it better. I would love to pay more but I feel I have not gotten my original cost of investment back in entertainment yet. It would not be wise of me to spend further money on a poor investment. If people are happy that is fine and I am glad that they are and glad they are willing to fork over the money to show their pleasure. If PGI would have never catered the thought of FPV I would have given them my money day one like I did with my founders when they said no to FPV as it stands their credibility is lacking and I dont feel like paying Bryan's salary anymore.

#690 Ari Dian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 251 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:28 AM

View PostMerchant, on 26 June 2013 - 05:58 AM, said:

Locust would be a bit less than the Death's Knell, say the DK is about $10 so value the Locust at $8.50

Shadow Hawk more than Yen-Lo-Wang that is about $20 so I will value the Hawk at $21.50

Thunderbolt about the same as Firebrand, say about $22.

Battlemaster about the Misery, about $30.

Total, $82 roughly.

Maybe in Assault and I will grant Assault has issues.

In Conquest, I do not see many of the 'cheese' and it does not favor them. I see more Mediums and 60 tonners while it seems most of the Lights and the Assaults play in Assault Mode. Conquest is currently much more fun if you want to avoid the 'cheese' and those Mechs would not last anyway since Conquest forces Brawling more.

But you did notice that you get 12 mechs for the 80$, didnt you? Combined with 12 mech bays (you dont get these when you buy hero mechs).

#691 Duncan Jr Fischer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 493 posts
  • LocationKyiv

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:31 AM

View PostMerchant, on 26 June 2013 - 05:58 AM, said:

Locust would be a bit less than the Death's Knell, say the DK is about $10 so value the Locust at $8.50

Shadow Hawk more than Yen-Lo-Wang that is about $20 so I will value the Hawk at $21.50

Thunderbolt about the same as Firebrand, say about $22.

Battlemaster about the Misery, about $30.

Total, $82 roughly.

Well, you seem to forget the variants. Each mech comes with 2 variants, actually you get 12 (twelve) mechs with the mechbays. The package also includes premium time and other trinket stuff. Now count it again and you'll see this package is a very generous offer for MWO.

#692 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:34 AM

View PostViper69, on 26 June 2013 - 06:18 AM, said:

Couldn't have said it better. I would love to pay more but I feel I have not gotten my original cost of investment back in entertainment yet.

According to my calculations, I've a per-drop cost of less than a nickel.

I'd say I've got my money's worth entertainment-wise, even though I do have my doubts about the current direction of the game.

View PostViper69, on 26 June 2013 - 06:18 AM, said:

It would not be wise of me to spend further money on a poor investment. If people are happy that is fine and I am glad that they are and glad they are willing to fork over the money to show their pleasure. If PGI would have never catered the thought of FPV I would have given them my money day one like I did with my founders when they said no to FPV as it stands their credibility is lacking and I dont feel like paying Bryan's salary anymore.

This is what anyone should do; think about what they're doing. I can find no fault with your decision not to purchase (at this moment) - and how could I? It's your money.

For me, I came to another conclusion and willingly and with eyes open ponied up another $80 (taking my per-drop cost all the way up to a dime or so).

I hope PGI spend the money wisely, but that's not really my business. It's their money now.

Edited by stjobe, 26 June 2013 - 06:35 AM.

#693 ThaPhalseProfit

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 14 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:36 AM

I have to say that this gives founders a bit of the shaft...

Still think I'm going to get one, the 4 + 8 mechs (with mech bays) alone is worth it.

#694 Azzras

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 363 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:39 AM

View PostDavila Sombre, on 26 June 2013 - 06:12 AM, said:

With the current choice of the weapons, this mechs are waste of moneys. And, wait a minute, i need to wait 4 mechs for а half of a year? You kidding?! I wonder, when clan tech will be presented (if so)... You guys really need to speed up your job!

$80 gets you 12 'mechs. TWELVE.
Not 4.

#695 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:40 AM

View PostKamies, on 26 June 2013 - 01:01 AM, said:

As soon as PGI fixes the jumpjet fix, I will throw my money at them and buy the Overlord package. Before that, I just throw up from the jump jet shake.

Take them off, they are optional.

#696 Viper69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,204 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:44 AM

View Poststjobe, on 26 June 2013 - 06:34 AM, said:

According to my calculations, I've a per-drop cost of less than a nickel.

I'd say I've got my money's worth entertainment-wise, even though I do have my doubts about the current direction of the game.

This is what anyone should do; think about what they're doing. I can find no fault with your decision not to purchase (at this moment) - and how could I? It's your money.

For me, I came to another conclusion and willingly and with eyes open ponied up another $80 (taking my per-drop cost all the way up to a dime or so).

I hope PGI spend the money wisely, but that's not really my business. It's their money now.

I can appreciate your PoV and do thank you for understanding my PoV.

View PostAzzras, on 26 June 2013 - 06:39 AM, said:

$80 gets you 12 'mechs. TWELVE.
Not 4.

I think he is talking about 4 mechs as in the chassis not the 12 different variants.

#697 Grenndel

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:46 AM

I got excited first, finaly a mechwarrior game where I could a battlemaster, long time one of my most favored mechs. Shadow Hawk is pretty nice to although I'd rather have its smaller cousin the Phoenix Hawk, beggars can't be choosers so the shadow works.

Then the excitement ends once I read more, in order to get my beloved BattleMaster I either have to dish out 80 bucks (which also includes 2 other mechs I really could care less about by the way.) or wait till next year? WTF is that, total BS, needs to be set up like the founders pack where you get to chose which mech, the more money you put in, the more mechs you can choose.

Pretty sure I'm not the only one that feels like this, maybe about another mech but the principle is the same. All mechs are suppose to be "equal" in a sense was the pitch I believe, with all having there roles to play. So why is the locust only 20 bucks while the BattleMaster is 80? And yes, I get there is more in the packages then just paying 80 for the BattleMaster but that isn't the point, you HAVE to spend 80 to get it, wether you want any of the others or not, that is the point.

Make this package like the founders, let us chose which mechs, bet you'd make more in the long run.

(On a bit of a side note, nice work adding these mechs, great all around and good to see some "unseens". Really hoping still for the Marauder but know that is a long shot. Keep up the good work with the mechs, just work on your business end a bit more, choice always trumps when it comes to selling things.)

#698 healybob

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:54 AM

No Marauder, No War Hammer, No Phoenix Hawk? Locust for the light? Would have rather seen the Stinger or the Wasp.

#699 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:55 AM

View PostSolarflux, on 26 June 2013 - 02:15 AM, said:

Well, to be honest I am slightly disappointed. Not about the fact that we get new mechs, I love that. But as a founder, I feel slightly screwed. I paid $60 for 1 mech and some premium time. Now, we get offered a total of 3 premium mechs ánd 6 basic variants ánd premium time for the same amount of cash. Really, this is the way to award founders? At least reimburse founders with the basic variants of the foundermechs they ordered? It would still be a mediocre offering, but better than what we've currently got.

You got into beta and you got 20K MC, you left that out.

#700 Garrath

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:56 AM

To PGI: Less cash grab, more real content please.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users