#701 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:01 AM

View PostDavila Sombre, on 26 June 2013 - 06:12 AM, said:

With the current choice of the weapons, this mechs are waste of moneys. And, wait a minute, i need to wait 4 mechs for а half of a year? You kidding?! I wonder, when clan tech will be presented (if so)... You guys really need to speed up your job!

3 and a half months actually. So more like a quarter of a year.

View PostIan McMill, on 26 June 2013 - 06:15 AM, said:

Great deal but how about bug fixes and maps ? Did you run out of coders and hired PR staff instead ? <_<

I have just stumbled over a section in the Phoenix FAQs stating the release dates of these new mechs:

Oct 15, 2013: Locust
Nov 20, 2013: Shadowhawk
Dec 18, 2013: Thunderbolt
Jan 22, 2014: Battlemaster

Well, that is a long time until introduction. When considering rate of released bug fixes and content patches (warfare/maps) we can get an estimated "gold" release in mid-2015 with the release of Star Citizen.

All mechs are delivered on the 15th of October for the package purchasers. Those release dates are for everyone else.

View PostGrenndel said:

Then the excitement ends once I read more, in order to get my beloved BattleMaster I either have to dish out 80 bucks (which also includes 2 other mechs I really could care less about by the way.) or wait till next year? WTF is that, total BS, needs to be set up like the founders pack where you get to chose which mech, the more money you put in, the more mechs you can choose.

Purchasing this package is not necessary for driving a Battlemaster. They will be available in January of 2014 for everyone to pilot. This is just for the Hero Battlemaster along with 2 normal Battlemaster variants early, and 3 other hero mechs, and their accompanying 6 normal variants early.

View PostGarrath, on 26 June 2013 - 06:56 AM, said:

To PGI: Less cash grab, more real content please.

This is more content.

View Posthealybob, on 26 June 2013 - 06:54 AM, said:

No Marauder, No War Hammer, No Phoenix Hawk? Locust for the light? Would have rather seen the Stinger or the Wasp.

All Harmony Gold mechs, less likely to be included but hey you never know.

#702 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:06 AM

No Marauder, No War Hammer, No Phoenix Hawk? Locust for the light? Would have rather seen the Stinger or the Wasp.

Not sure but it looks like they steered away from anything Harmony Gold related. The others are from other anime shows or something.

#703 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:06 AM

View PostGrenndel, on 26 June 2013 - 06:46 AM, said:

Make this package like the founders, let us chose which mechs, bet you'd make more in the long run.

If they let people choose, everyone would go for the $20 Talon option, and choose the Battlemaster. That would be a no-brainer in the current game climate, and it would end up losing PGI money.

Those 'mechs are still Unseen, what we're getting are the Reseen. The difference is that Harmony Gold holds the rights to the Macross designs, and they're a litigious bunch of ********.

#704 Tatula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 683 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:08 AM

I am -->THIS<-- close to spending another $100 for some more MC's, then this Phoenix thing came out. I wouldn't mind doing the $80 package, but I wish they would add a $100 package where you get everything of the $80 package plus some MC's for other things.

Didn't want to go through 35 pages, but did anyone find out if the 12 Phoenix mechs come with their own mech bays???

#705 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:09 AM

Posted Image

View PostAloha, on 26 June 2013 - 07:08 AM, said:

I am -->THIS<-- close to spending another $100 for some more MC's, then this Phoenix thing came out. I wouldn't mind doing the $80 package, but I wish they would add a $100 package where you get everything of the $80 package plus some MC's for other things.

Didn't want to go through 35 pages, but did anyone find out if the 12 Phoenix mechs come with their own mech bays???

Yes every mech in the package, across all package is shipping with a free mech bay for it.

Edited by Butane9000, 26 June 2013 - 07:10 AM.

#706 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:11 AM

View PostAloha, on 26 June 2013 - 07:08 AM, said:

The FAQ says yes.

#707 Caballo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 416 posts
  • Location"Mechs are mobile war machines. You're either moving, or you're dead"

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:11 AM

View PostKyle Polulak, on 25 June 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

-Give me a clean netcode that works.
-Give me an optimized code that does not turn my PC into a frying pan.
-Give me a possibility of playing in the conditions i want, Vs. who I want.
-Give me the metagame.

You programed some bells and whistles for a beta, but nothing that solves any of the problems the game have. ¿And you expected compliments? I've given you money when you asked for help. No compliments for you. Also no more money.

#708 Grenndel

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:13 AM

View Poststjobe, on 26 June 2013 - 07:06 AM, said:

If they let people choose, everyone would go for the $20 Talon option, and choose the Battlemaster. That would be a no-brainer in the current game climate, and it would end up losing PGI money.

I disagree, not everyone enjoys the big, slow assault mechs. You'd never see anything else in the game if that were true. Many enjoy being the fast annoying little scouts that peck away at big guys armor, or the more balanced heavy and medium mechs with speed and firepower. I'd actually wager those two classes the more favored since they can get around the battlefield while still dishing out the damage.

#709 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:20 AM

View PostGrenndel, on 26 June 2013 - 07:13 AM, said:

I disagree, not everyone enjoys the big, slow assault mechs. You'd never see anything else in the game if that were true. Many enjoy being the fast annoying little scouts that peck away at big guys armor, or the more balanced heavy and medium mechs with speed and firepower. I'd actually wager those two classes the more favored since they can get around the battlefield while still dishing out the damage.

You're a founder, so I'm sure you remember: Originally the founder packages didn't allow for choice; it was the same as this one. Only when a lot of people moaned and cried about how they wanted an Atlas did PGI cave in and allowed selection - and people traded in their $30 Jenners for a $30 Atlas.

Edit: Of course I know not everyone drives buses; I'm a light pilot myself and have only played my founder Atlas and Catapult enough to complete the Basic pilot efficiencies.

Edited by stjobe, 26 June 2013 - 07:23 AM.

#710 FrDrake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,086 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:21 AM

View PostGrenndel, on 26 June 2013 - 07:13 AM, said:

Jobe knows not everyone would do that, but there a bunch who just want a battlemaster or a thunderbolt, and they would in a heartbeat.

#711 Lt Limpy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:25 AM

Game needs cash to run.

Income is needed to fix problems.

New shinies are more marketable for generating income.

Still optional to purchase.

"Cash grab" argument over.

#712 M4NTiC0R3X

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:28 AM

So they'll make a bunch of money off this and then the day it's over they'll say, "Hey guys, we really hope you enjoy the new 'mechs... so much in fact we decided to bring you yet another package, Inner Sphere: Meet your newly found enemies!"

#713 Dnarvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 352 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island, B.C.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:30 AM

Just remember, awhile ago PGI said they had 6 mechs ready to go, but were waiting for the proper announcement. Here are 4 of them (I assume) which leaves 2 more to go. Are they other Unseen/Reseen? Clan mechs? (not likely yet I think). So for those whining they weren't the reseen/unseen they wanted, just wait. More might be coming down the line.

#714 Abaddonis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 129 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:32 AM

THUNDERBOLT! THUNDERBOLT! THUNDERBOLT!

#715 Mealone44

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:35 AM

Well now... this is most interesting indeed...

#716 Steve Varayis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 500 posts
  • LocationThe Fresh River City

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:36 AM

View PostBeef Hands, on 26 June 2013 - 01:25 AM, said:

That is not a good deal. The founders program was a seed fund to bring this game into a meaningful launch. The game is behind schedule. The netcode is terrible. The weapons are still horribly imbalanced after a year. Hitboxes are still a huge issue. The matchmaking system is abysmal. The communication between the devs and players has ground to a halt. I won't give PGI another dime until they deliver the goods I paid for on faith and beta tested with diligence.

You wanted a Mech game after 10 YEARS of NOTHING.

You paid 120 bucks for 4 mechs, kickstarting the game, early beta.

I paid 60 bucks for the same, minus 3 mechs.

I have enjoyed this. It is a fun game, often livening up my day-in, day-out life. I've cheered at 5 kills on Tourmaline with a balanced HGN build. I've raged at a 6 40Jager death-squad. And each new Mech, Each new Map, makes it expanded

Now we come to the whole CW BS. YOU go and make me a ******* system a small company can do in ~2 YEARS for capturing interstellar ******* conflict. You make it so even though they may be utterly shafted by their overlords, they can carry on

The reason the won't listen to us is because we *****, whine and moan about EVERYTHING. 'waaah, I'm a founder and I'm entitled and ****' 'Waaaah, new Mechs ruin it' 'Waaah, Getting 180-210 bucks value out of 80 is sooooo unfaaair'

Life is ******* unfair. It won't all be sugar and motherf---ing rainbows. You have to take the good with the bad

For I fly my Founders Tag and Overlord Badge, Oh so HIGH!
I have faith and hope in these crazy Canucks. All you need is a healthy ******* dose of patience

Now ****, either buy it, don't buy it, I couldn't give less than two fresh cows, but keep all this damn negativity to your entitled self

#717 Spurowny

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:38 AM

View PostM4NTiC0R3X, on 26 June 2013 - 07:28 AM, said:

So they'll make a bunch of money off this and then the day it's over they'll say, "Hey guys, we really hope you enjoy the new 'mechs... so much in fact we decided to bring you yet another package, Inner Sphere: Meet your newly found enemies!"

and i'll buy that one too.

#718 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:38 AM

View PostDnarvel, on 26 June 2013 - 07:30 AM, said:

Just remember, awhile ago PGI said they had 6 mechs ready to go, but were waiting for the proper announcement. Here are 4 of them (I assume) which leaves 2 more to go.

Victor and Quickdraw are the 2 mechs released after the (6 mechs ready) announcement...

#719 theta123

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:39 AM

...I dont know....I rather see the frakking game fixed instead of the constant MC only mechs being added.
Still
for 80 dollars, you get 12 battlemechs + garage slot + 120 days of premium...and a whole other pile of stuff

Nah im just gonna wait and see how the battlemaster looks like first.

#720 Kay Oss

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:39 AM

No negativity from me on this sale... I'll be forking over $80 before the July deadline. Sounds like a great deal to me!

22 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 22 guests, 0 anonymous users