Heavy Vs. The World Winners! (Calling Dragons Pilot)

10 replies to this topic

#1 BlackIronTarkus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationBehind you, breathing on your neck.

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:12 PM

Hey guys! Im really curious about what loadout you used. If you dont want to share the exact loadout for any reasons, please just give me 1 or 2 tips.

Thanks! ;)

#2 BlackIronTarkus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:24 PM

Bump! :(

#3 Korlandril

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 110 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

So this is my definitive Dragin build. It is a flame, but you can make the same machine with a 1C model. Though there is one single big difference I will explain later.

This one has dual ppc's and medium lasers in the arms, and an ultr5/AC in the upper left torso.
It is running at 89 km/h with speed tweak. Now...the big difference in this mech over the 1C is where the weapons slots are, and how they function. so each arm had 2 energy slots, but only one barrel for those energy weapons to fire out of. So...by adding 2 of the same kind of weapon, you get ( In Function) 1 DOUBLE power weapon. So the Flame i use has a medium laser that does 10 points o damage, and a PPC that does 20 points of damage. Interesting inst it? its an AC/20 out to 540 metre's. I dont care what kind of mech your piloting....that sucks to get hit by.

This has become my signature dragon for that reason, though the Ultra/5 isnt to bad as well, between those 3 guns that a pretty badd**s salvo your able to send at anyone, plus...your a dragon. Your fast enough to dictate the range your fighting an enemy thats larger than you. With only 14 double heatsinks, it is awesome to have that speed to get out of a fight fast and spend a couple seconds cooling down, plus the AC is low heat, so it does give you somthing to still throw at people while your cooliong off.

I cant say enought about this mech, its very effective and i love it a lot. this is the actual build itself.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b8ac88167d7aa93

try it out on a 1C, though your not going to get the Uni-beam PPC's or lasers out of it...you do have them high up on your shoulders, so they in a way have a hull-down advantage over the Flame.

-Jenni-

#4 Fred013

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 426 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the red dot on your chest.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:49 PM

I feel sorry for this thread. There are not enough dragon pilots out there to keep it alive. Bump.

#5 Smoke Dancer

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 66 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:33 AM

I tried rocking the stock dragon but it is tragic. I swapped out the AC for a ppc and all of a sudden I'm doing three times the damage and killing things. Grand dragons all the way for me.

#6 BlackIronTarkus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:00 AM

View PostKorlandril, on 26 June 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

So this is my definitive Dragin build. It is a flame, but you can make the same machine with a 1C model. Though there is one single big difference I will explain later.

This one has dual ppc's and medium lasers in the arms, and an ultr5/AC in the upper left torso.
It is running at 89 km/h with speed tweak. Now...the big difference in this mech over the 1C is where the weapons slots are, and how they function. so each arm had 2 energy slots, but only one barrel for those energy weapons to fire out of. So...by adding 2 of the same kind of weapon, you get ( In Function) 1 DOUBLE power weapon. So the Flame i use has a medium laser that does 10 points o damage, and a PPC that does 20 points of damage. Interesting inst it? its an AC/20 out to 540 metre's. I dont care what kind of mech your piloting....that sucks to get hit by.

This has become my signature dragon for that reason, though the Ultra/5 isnt to bad as well, between those 3 guns that a pretty badd**s salvo your able to send at anyone, plus...your a dragon. Your fast enough to dictate the range your fighting an enemy thats larger than you. With only 14 double heatsinks, it is awesome to have that speed to get out of a fight fast and spend a couple seconds cooling down, plus the AC is low heat, so it does give you somthing to still throw at people while your cooliong off.

I cant say enought about this mech, its very effective and i love it a lot. this is the actual build itself.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b8ac88167d7aa93

try it out on a 1C, though your not going to get the Uni-beam PPC's or lasers out of it...you do have them high up on your shoulders, so they in a way have a hull-down advantage over the Flame.

-Jenni-

Thank you very much, very interresting, will definetly try it out! :P

If anyone else have dragons build to share, please do so, being the underdog we need to share our knownledge! ;)

#7 Odnir

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:06 AM

I finished 2nd and posted my mechs as requested by someone back on Monday. Link here http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2482365

#8 BlackIronTarkus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:20 PM

View PostOdnir, on 24 June 2013 - 02:50 PM, said:

As per your request:

I used a few mechs during the weekend. While I do have one particular mech that I have an attachment to, I try to mix it up to keep things from getting dull. All but one configuration have one thing in common - they all fit a 300XL engine. I don't have a lot of c-bills so I share the engine between each dragon. Double heat sinks is just a given on all of these configurations.

My DRG-1C is configured with a 300XL engine, endo and ferro, a gauss rifle with four tons of ammunition, two large lasers, and two additional double heat sinks. If you look up the new(ish) DRG-5N[C] it has the same loadout as mine. But I don't store any ammo in the CT. I keep that last ton in a leg where it is less likely to be critted and go to waste.

My Fang sometimes uses the above loadout. But most of the time it is with the following changes: The original AC/10 from the Fang (with 3 tons of ammo), and two large pulse lasers. Pulse lasers seem to be largely immune to whatever is making hits not register properly at super-close ranges sometimes. It runs a little hot so be precise with your shots.

I also used the Flame quite a bit. It has a pair of large lasers in each arm and 7 additional heat sinks more than the above loadouts (for a total of 19), and has standard armour instead of ferro-fibrous. It also has nearly maxed armour (400 out of 402).

My last one is gonna make you wonder if I'm trolling you because it's typically bad weapons in a typically bad mech, but I win the most games in it (1.78 w/l- and no I don't just stomp other people with a team. 99% of my play is as a lone wolf and the other 1% is with a longtime friend) while still having a respectable k/d of 2.57. It's a DRG-1N with ferro, endo, and 394 points of armour. That's maxed everywhere but the legs. A 350XL engine. An LB 10-X with 2 tons of ammo. An SRM6 with 1 ton of ammo. And a large pulse laser. Feel free to exchange that for an ERPPC if you would like. If you want to hear more about any of this, if I made some typos, etc. feel free to send me a private message because I don't want to fill up this thread with all my chattering.

Thanks for sharing... thats some odd loadouts, you must be a pretty damn good shot and a positionning master!

bump for more pro-loadouts!

#9 Gigastrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 704 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:35 PM

View PostKorlandril, on 26 June 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

/snip

I really gotta try that. I run a Dragon very similar to that, but never thought to add another PPC. Always thought it would run too hot/be too heavy.

#10 armyof1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:33 PM

I just ran my standard setup, DRG-1C with 300XL, Endo, 2PPC in the LT, 2LL in the LA and filled up with DHS. The right arm is just a sacrificial lamb. I think I ended 9th but I really didn't work at it, I just played maybe 50 games during the weekend.

#11 Ophidian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 123 posts
  • LocationI HAVE NO IDEA WHERE I AM! SEND HELP!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:42 PM

Before I sold it, I used to do extremely well in this.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3d1040c75523911

But now I run in the Flame because I needed the hanger space.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users