Suggestion...how About Allowing The Players Here To Help Write The Isn News?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Tice Daurus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOak Forest, IL

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

Look I was one of the people here who looked forward to ISN NEWS posts in the Announcements. There hasn't been one here since I think May 15th, well over a month.

We know Randall Bills was helping to write some of this stuff. How about allowing the players here to help contribute writing some ISN NEWS? I know we have a TON of people here would be chomping at the bit to help write stuff and they could add some flavor to the game and feel more of a part of the MW:O experience.

Here's what I suggest...allow us to submit stuff. Have Randall oversee the news blurbs we submit. Make it, I dunno...between 250-500 words or less to create a story. This could be stuff like individual merc groups defending a world against the Clans, a House unit that distinguishes themselves, or even basic stuff like the release of a news blurb that could be written up to help Randall write the stuff from the original canon history, so he doesn't have to do it all himself.

Heck you could even hire some of us to help oversee it (hint hint, hire me!) so we can help with all of the submissions.

If you did this, it would go a long way to helping give people a history of what happened, especially to educate some of the people who haven't purchased the books or are new to the history of the Inner Sphere.

Make it happen!

#2 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:53 PM

ISN needs to come back for sure. I miss it. I would write for it.

#3 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:50 PM

I'd write really involved pieces on misconduct amongst Industrial Conglomerates to explain the crazy balance changes.

(Think of the various military hardware scandals throughout history.. I'm too sleepy to bother linking :). Off the top of my head, there were issues with smart bombs that had faulty parts that made them dumb... scrimping on various parts, causing equipment failures, etc.)

#4 Tice Daurus

• 2,001 posts
  • LocationOak Forest, IL

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

I'd be all over this if they allowed us to write even small stuff and contribute it to help them out and save them time and money. Heck, even if they allowed us to work for free, I'd be all over it, just so we could get some credit for the writing!

#5 Trondheim Live Daily Report

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

The Trondheim Live, Daily Report was active for the month of May, 3050, but had to temporarily disband public operations until such time as we can assure our reporters aren't hunted down by Periphery Invaders.

Feel free to read all about it here.

#6 Skye Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 250 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:03 PM

My merc unit has been quite disillusioned with the ISN's and have created our own news format.

#7 Tice Daurus

• 2,001 posts
  • LocationOak Forest, IL

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:52 AM

So has our unit. I and a couple of other people in our unit has created our own DHB news. You guys are more than welcome to check it out on our website...

http://www.deathshandbrigade.net/

Plus we're writing up our exploits for Proxis battles, and create some interesting stories. Personally, I think it would be good to have some of the more talented writers here who participate for the fan fiction section to come aboard this idea and support it.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users