• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:34 AM

View PostSkye Storm, on 28 June 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

I'm a founder and I detest the idea of 3PV

I'm a founder and I welcome 3PV. I'm not afraid of any of those so-called "massive advantages" that it's users may have, assuming there will even be any. I want people to play as they want within the confines of the game's rules.

#242 hammerreborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:29 AM

View PostDarth Bane001, on 03 July 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

And what job and what pay would that be? I'm pretty sure I am the best here of all haha. I am 25, married, and work as a welder at john deere. I make like 25 bucks an hour paid every week, also get bonuses every certain amount of months and get bonus based off of hours I worked in a year. Now if only I can get into the painting job at work I'd make at least 100k a year.

28ish, married, and making around 90k a year factoring in bonuses (84k base) as a patent examiner. But then again I live outside DC in which that barely pays a mortgage + utilities, lol, **** cities

Edited by hammerreborn, 08 July 2013 - 10:35 AM.

#243 MechFrog1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 630 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:59 AM

View PostKilrein, on 04 July 2013 - 04:42 AM, said:

And what is the overall adoption of these items (outside of the first 2-4 weeks after being added)?

In 750+ matches since 'consumable weapons' were introduced, I can recall less than a handful where they were used. As for coolant flush, it is primarily used by the high-heat, high-alpha pinpoint damage builds. I'm not saying that's the ONLY place it's used but that's where I see the majority of the usage.

One of the major components of successful consumables, paid with real cash or c-bills, is that they should rarely if ever be seen as the reason for a victory, even if they are key.

#244 Crazyeyes244

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 174 posts
  • LocationPlanet Helen

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:21 PM

Anyone know what happened to the ask the devs 42? Tried searching and it is nowhere to be found....

#245 Hugh Fairgrove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 120 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:42 PM

View PostSam Donelly, on 08 July 2013 - 12:21 PM, said:

Anyone know what happened to the ask the devs 42? Tried searching and it is nowhere to be found....

Its still there but everyones locked out of it. Search Ask the Devs 42 on the top right search bar. Also the first page of the post can be cached in Bing and Google. Its seems like miSs edited the post this morning. Not sure if this was how it was going to be, but they are only going to answer 5 of the selected 15 questions now. And I just checked the page again now it says it was edited yesterday which is interesting.

#246 kesuga7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationSegmentum solar - Sector solar - Subsector sol - Hive world - "Holy terra"

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:24 PM

go back to that thread they got the Top rated 15 questions now

tho there are some duplicates... and i really don't like that new system :\

oh well

Edited by kesuga7, 08 July 2013 - 02:24 PM.

#247 Traigus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

View Postwickwire, on 29 June 2013 - 04:50 AM, said:

(Idea about spawning on different capture points to "shake up" the maps and make things a little different for each map).

Answer :I'll tell the team about it...

----------------------------------------

YES, this please!!

I myself posted this on the suggestion board 2x over the last 4 months, and was informed it has been previously posed there by 2 other people in Beta several times...

Nice to see they finally heard about it.. Even though it is fairly obvious.

#248 Crazyeyes244

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 174 posts
  • LocationPlanet Helen

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

View PostThontor, on 08 July 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:

Here is Miss' post from Friday:

I underlined the answer to your question.

Thank you very much, I missed that bit when I read it the first time!

#249 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

View Postkesuga7, on 08 July 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

oh well

Most of those questions will be answered with: "we will have more information when we are ready to talk about CW"

#250 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 28 June 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

3PV is not only a great way for new players to learn to play the game, it’s actually a really fun way to play the game! Our early play tests have resulted in some interesting observations as hardcore 1PV proponents have taken a step back and seen the value and fun in 3PV. I expect once the 3PV view mode hits the Test Servers in the next 30 days, players will find it not as powerful as feared or as intrusive into the existing experience, rather accept it as an extension. Of course as promised out of the gates players will be able to choose 1PV and 3PV mixed or just 1PV.

I almost want to get mad at this statement, except that I honestly believe they believe it, and will have their hopes dashed in front of them painfully and loudly as literally everyone tells them that this is pretty much never going to happen.

View PostBryan Ekman, on 28 June 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

A: Consumables are designed and priced in a way that forces players to make a buying decision. They offer enough battlefield power to warrant having to sacrifice potential match earnings.

Except the Airstrike and Artillery which are hilariously terrible.

#251 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:41 PM

View PostKilrein, on 04 July 2013 - 04:42 AM, said:

In 750+ matches since 'consumable weapons' were introduced, I can recall less than a handful where they were used.
Do you think you really know when an opponent used coolant flush to get in the last alpha strike that killed you?

I reckon we're so busy trying to evade and land weapon shots, and having our vision blurred by lasers and buffeted by missiles, that we rarely notice when coolant flush is being used against us. Further, unless you are looking at the moment of launch, UAVs are hard to spot.

(Artillery and ASF strikes are mostly useless, and that's why they are rarely used.)

When I am spectating I do see coolant flush in particular being used. Not regularly, but not rare, either.

#252 Warge

• 1,027 posts
  • LocationKiyiv

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:16 AM

View PostAppogee, on 09 July 2013 - 11:41 PM, said:

When I am spectating I do see coolant flush in particular being used. Not regularly, but not rare, either.

Pretty balanced, yep? No P2W as we feared...

#253 Edson Drake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:06 AM

... I would classify this as an inversion of priorities.

You want to launch a game. Invite thousands of new players by being "officially 1.0" ... INTO A GAME ADVERTISING ITSELF AS A SQUAD BASED SIMULATOR/COMBAT GAME AND YOUR ANSWER TO "WHEN ARE WE GETTING INTEGRATED VIOP SOLUTIONS IS "WHEN WE HAVE FREE TIME" AFTER LAUNCH!?

Do you not see the problem? The time to implement and test that stuff is -now- in the beta... so that when you actually launch the game and announce to the world that you are ready, you have a complete set of tested features that form a complete gaming experience.

Integrated voice coms for a game like this are important enough that I'd actually set the launch date back to make sure it was in.

Indeed. I have been playing Hawken due to the HSR making some of my shots not hitting current issue, and there's a functional and decent in-game voip that needs no tuning, it just works. This should be a priority in my opinion, right after fixing the HSR issues.

#254 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:40 PM

Honestly, outside of HSR and a few new mechs/maps, have there been any major changes this year? I guess ELO but that suuuuucks.

Edited by Victor Morson, 11 July 2013 - 12:40 PM.

#255 Mordynak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 374 posts
  • LocationThe United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:59 PM

View Postkesuga7, on 08 July 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

oh well

How can you not like it?

They allow EVERYONE to vote for the question they want asked the most. Honestly what is bad about it?

View PostVictor Morson, on 11 July 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

Honestly, outside of HSR and a few new mechs/maps, have there been any major changes this year? I guess ELO but that suuuuucks.

Go play something else and quit whining...

#256 DArk 3MO

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 72 posts
  • LocationReichenberg,Sachsen,Germany

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

Whats the matter the Developers doesn´t do something against PPC boats??? Yes it´s like we play 6 PPC Stalker???? IS this MECHwarrior or is this PPCWARRIOR??

#257 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

View PostMordynak, on 11 July 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

How can you not like it?

They allow EVERYONE to vote for the question they want asked the most. Honestly what is bad about it?

I don't like it because I couldn't access the forums the ONE day allowed to ask my question, so I can't ask it. I mean, we get one day to write a question (with no warning, by the way), and here they are, struggling to get a page of text out in, let's see...eleven days. Yeah.

#258 The14th

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 93 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:58 PM

View Post101011, on 11 July 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

I don't like it because I couldn't access the forums the ONE day allowed to ask my question, so I can't ask it. I mean, we get one day to write a question (with no warning, by the way), and here they are, struggling to get a page of text out in, let's see...eleven days. Yeah.

It's almost like they might be busy working on a video game and don't have time to roam the forums daily. I think they call it having a job.

#259 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:35 AM

View PostThe14th, on 11 July 2013 - 10:58 PM, said:

It's almost like they might be busy working on a video game and don't have time to roam the forums daily. I think they call it having a job.

And here I was, thinking that part of Bryan's job description was getting out the CREATIVE DIRECTOR update. Guess who the creative director is?

#260 Warge

• 1,027 posts
  • LocationKiyiv

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:50 AM

View PostDArk 3MO, on 11 July 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

Whats the matter the Developers doesn´t do something against PPC boats??? Yes it´s like we play 6 PPC Stalker???? IS this MECHwarrior or is this PPCWARRIOR??

There is good idea to remove torso weapon's convergence, but devs trying to find their own hard way to solve this problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users