#221 Splice

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 40 posts
  • LocationCloser Than You Think

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:40 AM

REDACTED

Edited by Splice, 02 July 2013 - 11:41 AM.

#222 hammerreborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:42 AM

View PostViper69, on 02 July 2013 - 10:32 AM, said:

Patent examiner? As my friend George would say OOOOOhhhh MMMYyyy. I have a few patents that had to be written so vague as to cover as many points it was not funny while still trying to protect the core of our design. Got a few lamps and mugs around here.

At any rate keep deciphering the sanscript of patent drawings. remember fig.A-1 is referring to the way the object is detected not the object itself.

Lol. The stuff I work on isn't too bad. The only time I have an issue with drawings is when there are so many reference numbers it basically becomes a where's waldo game.

#223 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:44 AM

View PostAleksanteri Bekker, on 02 July 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

Sorry everyone, been gone a while, please forgive my dumb q, but I was reading this ATD and saw:

So I went to read the last ATD (#40) and found absolutely no mention about Clans, Clan Weapons, Clan Mechs... nothing. Does anyone know what this is referring to?

I was actually wondering that myself, and I have followed the ATD pretty close.

#224 Aim64C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:05 PM

View PostOmni 13, on 02 July 2013 - 05:53 AM, said:

all of these would be valid arguments if and only if you where forced to play it like this...which you're not so most of the arguments here are pretty baseless.

I don't think you really understood.

3rd person perspective grants an advantage to people using it, because their camera is "disembodied" and can see over/around obstacles.

That means that it will become the default for competitive play - as those who don't use it will be at a disadvantage.

#225 darkfall13

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 298 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:20 PM

View Posthammerreborn, on 02 July 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:

See, maybe its just my job bleeding through, but as a patent examiner, every single word counts and has a "broadest reasonable interpretation" and meaning.

How can you try to act holier than thou when you said EXACTLY THE POINT OF THE DEBATE. Language is powerful and *every*single*word*matters* so *how* PGI names PoVs settings dictates how the community responds to it. Hence my "necro-pedo-philia" statement, did I strike a chord there?

Let alone how can you arrogantly toss aside Paul's post (Link). When 1) We aren't "out of the gate" we're still in Beta™ are we not? 2) When the hell does the definition of "far off distance" mean less than ONE year from said post AND while still in Beta™ ? 3) Did I mention we're still in Beta™ so this game isn't out of the gate yet?

Edited by darkfall13, 02 July 2013 - 02:23 PM.

#226 Nordbruin

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

If they're dead set on it (and apparently they are), call them what they are: Arcade Mode and Sim Mode. The point is, PGI is marketing the game as a Sim/FPS (according to PC Gamer), mech game. They are going back on that promise and advertising, and taking money for it.

If FPVers are the 30-plus crowd, then the 3PVers must be the self-righteous, entitled teens I see wandering around...

#227 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:41 PM

View PostAim64C, on 02 July 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

I don't think you really understood.

3rd person perspective grants an advantage to people using it, because their camera is "disembodied" and can see over/around obstacles.

That means that it will become the default for competitive play - as those who don't use it will be at a disadvantage.

Seeing as you can't play competitively unless you play in hardcore mode...which is first person only......

View Postdarkfall13, on 02 July 2013 - 02:20 PM, said:

How can you try to act holier than thou when you said EXACTLY THE POINT OF THE DEBATE. Language is powerful and *every*single*word*matters* so *how* PGI names PoVs settings dictates how the community responds to it. Hence my "necro-pedo-philia" statement, did I strike a chord there?

Let alone how can you arrogantly toss aside Paul's post (Link). When 1) We aren't "out of the gate" we're still in Beta™ are we not? 2) When the hell does the definition of "far off distance" mean less than ONE year from said post AND while still in Beta™ ? 3) Did I mention we're still in Beta™ so this game isn't out of the gate yet?

For one, 3rd person isn't out yet, so saying less than one year from said post doesn't even make sense. Unless it's released prior to the next patch, it will be after the one year mark, which is a long time. And out the gate can mean anything, closed beta, open beta, release. Hell, out the gate can mean the very first line of code. It means at the beginning.

#228 darkfall13

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 298 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

View Posthammerreborn, on 02 July 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

Seeing as you can't play competitively unless you play in hardcore mode...which is first person only......

Out of the gate :)

View Posthammerreborn, on 02 July 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

For one, 3rd person isn't out yet, so saying less than one year from said post doesn't even make sense. Unless it's released prior to the next patch, it will be after the one year mark, which is a long time. And out the gate can mean anything, closed beta, open beta, release. Hell, out the gate can mean the very first line of code. It means at the beginning.

Less than one year: From the point of Paul's post, 17 July 2012 - 12:36 PM (Link), to Bryan's confirmation of 3PV whether you like it or not post, 21 March 2013 - 05:38 PM (Link). You see how there's less than 365.25 days from Paul's post? That would be well... less than a year, if we can't get past that then we have problems. Did I say 3rd person was in now? No, but they have changed their stance in less than one year, so my statement still holds true. All while ignoring the game's design pillar, all while the game is unprepared for launch. Let alone your definitions are HILARIOUS Mr. Every-Single-Word-Counts. If I used your definition with a customer during discussions on how they want their motorcycle and right as I start getting the parts I change my mind and build an 18-wheeler. Because well out of the gate I promised a motorcycle, doesn't mean I actually have to build the thing, since after all, I drew a motorcycle on a napkin once. And I see how you neglected to address that it's stated as usurping one of the game's design pillars, which, well apparently doesn't matter since they could change that after writing the first line of code.

Edited by darkfall13, 02 July 2013 - 06:31 PM.

#229 James DeGriz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 374 posts
  • LocationRainham, Kent UK

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:11 AM

View Posthammerreborn, on 02 July 2013 - 09:37 AM, said:

...or the person who said I'm illiterate and live in a trailer park.

Don't want to be called a whiner? Don't cry an ocean every single time you don't get your way for something that was announced over a year ago as a possibility. It's really all that simple.

With the quotes of mine you made, you took the profane and aggressive stance from the outset and yet complain when I hurl insults at you.

You reap what you sow. It's really that simple.

#230 Julius Septim

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 173 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:49 AM

I got a Question or better 3.

1. Will you re enter the repair costs? Why? Simple Answer, because the People play better and smarter and the disconnects will be lesser.

2. Will the Collision be re entered? Why? Because it offers so much Options to a Match and more Important.. FUN!

3. What about the package loss Issues with hitting light mechs.. i mean i had a game where 4 lights where on me i definately hit 3 of em with a Alpha and no dmg came on, just because i´m in Europe and they´re in North America.. i mean seriously it sucks.. and it sucks hard.

Last Words, i don´t think my questions are Important enough but i also want to see what the Community say and if they all want this Mechshooter online what we got at the Moment, cause with a Tactical Game it has nothing to do.. absolutely nothing ... (PPC Boating, AC40 Cheesemechs *coughcough*)

#231 Volkodav

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,360 posts
  • LocationЯрославль. RDL.

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:59 AM

When will be - ask the devs # 42. I have a question. : )

#232 Vasces Diablo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • LocationOmaha,NE

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:54 AM

View PostThe Man of Steel, on 03 July 2013 - 05:49 AM, said:

I got a Question or better 3.

1. Will you re enter the repair costs? Why? Simple Answer, because the People play better and smarter and the disconnects will be lesser.

You would think, but that's not what was happening. I saw two things pretty frequently:

1) the momment it looked like a team was losing, a player or two would run away and shutdown hide to avoid taking damage, and pretty much guarantee a loss for their team.
2) the disconnect farming was just as bad, they just wouldn't auto repair/rearm and would join matches already damaged.

I love repair/rearm in concept, but it's tough to balance in an MMO.

#233 anonymous161

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:40 PM

View Posthammerreborn, on 02 July 2013 - 06:53 AM, said:

You really aren't that good at that reading thing are you?

My post was three short paragraphs, and apparently you didn't even finish the first. Hell, it was the first sentence.

A) my dad does have a better job
B ) I'm 27
C) I'm happily married
D) I have a better job than you too

You did get the beard thing right, it keeps my face warm

Yay another one. Cite me, entire posts mind you not cherry picked out of context sentences, where PGI promised no third person

And what job and what pay would that be? I'm pretty sure I am the best here of all haha. I am 25, married, and work as a welder at john deere. I make like 25 bucks an hour paid every week, also get bonuses every certain amount of months and get bonus based off of hours I worked in a year. Now if only I can get into the painting job at work I'd make at least 100k a year.

#234 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:43 PM

I'm wondering whether, in light of the fact that we have future configs from the BT timeline (like the ECM spider (from Jihad), Stealth ECM (magic from fantasy books) and stealth armor (3063)), when can we expect more "out of canon" goodies?

#235 Farix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 890 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

View PostVasces Diablo, on 03 July 2013 - 08:54 AM, said:

You would think, but that's not what was happening. I saw two things pretty frequently:

1) the momment it looked like a team was losing, a player or two would run away and shutdown hide to avoid taking damage, and pretty much guarantee a loss for their team.
2) the disconnect farming was just as bad, they just wouldn't auto repair/rearm and would join matches already damaged.

I love repair/rearm in concept, but it's tough to balance in an MMO.

On top of that, most of the "farmers" ran trial mechs, which were repaired/rearmed at 100% for free.

#236 Julius Septim

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 173 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:39 PM

Dont just see that one question when repair costs are too tough fopr them they have to make a filling option when people disconnect in the first 20 seconds of the game. That easy

#237 Kilrein

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:10 AM

View PostLoxx, on 28 June 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

You can almost feel the panic in every answer of "after launch, after launch, its on the list, after launch, we're looking into it, after launch." I realize this is the most hectic time for devs when building a game, but honestly, the game should be just about finished now. The last 12 or so weeks before launch should be all about the spit and polish of the final product. You still have 3 major features that are the core of the game to add along with multiple other tweaks. you have customers leaving in droves over serious balancing issues. Yet your answer to all them is "after launch". We want to love your game! But you're making that extremely difficult to do so.

This! This! 1000xTHIS!!!

Thank you for capturing my thoughts and feelings.

#238 Kilrein

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:32 AM

View Posttommilator, on 30 June 2013 - 10:15 AM, said:

Let's see how much of an advantage it actually gives "looking around corners" before we conclude that the sky has fallen.

ANY advantage over 1pv is too much. And I really think that's the point of a lot of the posters. But most of the responses seem to skip that part. ANY advantage, however small, is still an advantage. Period. DOT.

Here is the only way this could work, IMHO. Players select their preferred game mode of 1pv or 3pv, players are grouped into pools based on that selection with no interaction between the two vision modes.

BUT.....

That splits the player base and creates a whole lot of nightmares so that won't happen.

This post worth what you paid for it.

#239 Kilrein

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:42 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 01 July 2013 - 10:38 AM, said:

The idea of "Core Dilution" is what people are afraid of. Many have seen the addition of consumable weapons and a Coolant Flush as evidence of Core Dilution. I have not seen any detrimental effects these things have caused to the game, yet.

I'm not really afraid of Core Dilution because this game is being made by BattleTech players and MechWarrior game players. If it was being made by people who didn't have any childhood relationship with BattleTech or MechWarrior, or people who didn't really care about the IP, then I might be more concerned... but I'm not. Call me a fool.

And what is the overall adoption of these items (outside of the first 2-4 weeks after being added)?

In 750+ matches since 'consumable weapons' were introduced, I can recall less than a handful where they were used. As for coolant flush, it is primarily used by the high-heat, high-alpha pinpoint damage builds. I'm not saying that's the ONLY place it's used but that's where I see the majority of the usage.

#240 Julius Septim

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 173 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:33 AM

I see them more and more, for me? Just a Waste of C-bills...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users