• 169 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

View PostStalkerr, on 09 June 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

House Liao Teamspeak

Get the Teamspeak 3 Client

houseliao.typefrag.com:51055
Server Password: capellan

I've set up a House-wide Teamspeak server for all House Liao units use. I figure it's better if we all get together in one place and chat as a house, rather than be split up among multiple VOIP chat servers. I wish we had this back in MPBT days, and now that we can, I'm going to do my part to see that House Liao stays coordinated.

Thanks to Metro for pinning this! :)

RULES
Don't be an *****. If it can get you banned on these forums it can probably get you banned on TS.

Right now there are no admins except for me. Please PM me if you are interested and have references (if you've ever been an admin of something before and can point me to that, such as a forum or other venue). Fair warning that I will probably interview the crap out of you before you get rights to enforce the peace.

Until there are actual admins to police you, please act like decent humans. If I get a PM that you've been acting up, you're getting a ban. I don't have time to investigate every instance of idiocy. :(

Plans
  • An organized channel and permissions structure. Right now it's super-super basic. Please provide feedback in this thread on ways this could be improved.
  • I really want to get a House Liao rank icon set so everyone gets channel "ranks" that correspond with their trustworthiness and actual permissions. Just something in-universy and fun we can do to spice things up a bit.
  • I have never managed a TS3 server, so bear with me. Anyone with experience in this, please reach out to me... I'll take all the support I can get! ;)
  • A donate button. As much as I like you guys, if we have to upgrade to 400-person server, I may not enjoy the $160/month it costs me to keep it running. Once I sort out the PayPal business account piece, I'll throw this up for kind souls to keep our comms live.
Limitations

Right now this is a 50-person server, since the game isn't even out yet. Once it is, I'll upgrade it as needed to handle capacity. I will also set up a donate button so I can

Unfortunately, the most users supported by this server is 400 at a time (Teamspeak's max is 512). If this becomes a big deal such that we have more than 400 people wanting to get on at once, we'll need to figure out an alternate option.

This is great! Thanks for taking this on my old friend. Oh, and if we need more have the need for more than 400 of us at once, we will all be happy campers.

#23 Bastard Ken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:33 PM

One cannot advance without mistakes... It is necessary to make mistakes. The party cannot be educated without learning from mistakes.

#24 grimzod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:36 PM

Thanks. Will donate.

#25 Lupine

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:09 PM

Press 1 for English Channels and Press 2 for Squaaaawk Channels.

Edited by Lupine, 23 June 2012 - 02:10 PM.

#26 Greifer

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:21 PM

Appreciate the effort for unity :P

I am sure it will get a good work out!

#27 FireBerretta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:39 PM

What headset do you recommend?

#28 IMTatsu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:58 AM

Innumerable thanks for your efforts to the House. Organization is the key to victory in the coming storm.

>:{ Tatsu

#29 De Wolfie

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:03 AM

I am waiting for my beta-key, then I can join my bretheren! >:

#30 Stalkerr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

View PostFireBerretta, on 24 June 2012 - 02:39 PM, said:

What headset do you recommend?

If you have $200, the Astro A40.

If you only have $90, the Creative SoundBlaster Tactic3D Sigma

If you don't care about sound or mic quality and just want something then find the cheapest thing that has a mic taped to it and call it a day ;)

#31 FireBerretta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:22 AM

View PostStalkerr, on 27 June 2012 - 09:15 AM, said:

If you have $200, the Astro A40.

If you only have $90, the Creative SoundBlaster Tactic3D Sigma

If you don't care about sound or mic quality and just want something then find the cheapest thing that has a mic taped to it and call it a day ;)

That's great, thank you. What do you recommend for a controller?

#32 IMTatsu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:34 PM

If money isn't an issue, the Thrustmaster Warthog is arguably the king of the crop, if not the pocketbook. . . . On a personal note, I still love my Saitek X36 setup.

>:{.

#33 FireBerretta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:04 PM

View PostIMTatsu, on 28 June 2012 - 04:34 PM, said:

If money isn't an issue, the Thrustmaster Warthog is arguably the king of the crop, if not the pocketbook. . . . On a personal note, I still love my Saitek X36 setup.

>:{.

The Warthog looks bad@$$. I have been considering the X52 Pro. I have always just used a Sidewinder Pro since MPBT and since I couldn't find it I just went out and bought an Extreme 3d pro for my 6 year old to start learning on, but I don't want to use it for myself. Do you think I should also get the foot pedals for whichever controller I decide on or is it just as easy to configure without it? I am used to using the stick for torso twist.

#34 IMTatsu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:18 AM

I've always wanted to try the footpedals, but could never bring myself to drop the coinage. I have torso control on the throttle of my setup, and it's served me well so far. . . .

>:{

#35 Noahbash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 128 posts
  • LocationYork, PA

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:28 AM

I would second the motion to take a look into using Mumble rather than Teamspeak.

The clarity is so much better, and the program can easily be configured to automatically tune the volume of every player so no one ever has to worry about alt-tabbing out to adjust sound levels.

It also has a great compression rate, so you aren't paying for any more bandwidth to get a MUCH BETTER QUALITY SOUND. I would do a few tests for yourself before investing too much time into the project.

#36 DrakeWallington

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 46 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:29 AM

Very Nice of you to give us a place to chat...

#37 planetbob

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationRoma QLD

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

Thx for setting this up.

#38 Citizen Louis

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:29 AM

I'll probably get in on this at some point, but I haven't taken the time to read what it is actually about yet.

#39 IMTatsu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:48 AM

Would it be wise to try and organize a specific 'House Night' if you will, when it would be convenient for the majority of the users to come and chat, discuss topics, and otherwise malign the Daviots?

#40 FireBerretta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:22 AM

View PostIMTatsu, on 13 July 2012 - 06:48 AM, said:

Would it be wise to try and organize a specific 'House Night' if you will, when it would be convenient for the majority of the users to come and chat, discuss topics, and otherwise malign the Daviots?

Absolutely! it gets boring just perusing through these forums

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users