Trying To Find A Faction

26 replies to this topic

#1 Scrapjunkie

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationRight Here Right Now

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:47 AM

Hello house Kurita I am new to the MechWarrior series the only game I have played is MechAssault I very much enjoy this game and was wondering what faction I should join I have gone from forum page to forum page looking at what each faction represents I was wondering if you guys could tell me what you think all of the other factions and you are about in the mists of battle.

#2 FullMetalJackass

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 255 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:44 PM

Hi Scrap. If you have teamspeak stop by the Ronin public teamspeak we have members dropping 4 & 8 mans regularly or sign up at our website to see our schedualed events

http://roninlegion.enjin.com/
http:// ts60.gameservers.com:9306
Password R0n1n

Edited by FullMetalJackass, 03 July 2013 - 01:45 PM.

#3 Scrapjunkie

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:26 PM

Thank you I will consider it and look over your website also I got to find my headset :rolleyes:

#4 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:37 PM

Yo, whats up?  Nights Scorn is actively recruiting right now, both hardcore and casual pilots alike.  feel free to stop by our forums at http://nstalkers.com/forums/.  we also have a public Teamspeak at TS.NStalkers.com.  you are always welcome to stop by and drop with us \o/

Edited by Stealth Raptor, 03 July 2013 - 11:39 PM.

#5 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:10 PM

Feel free to stop by. We are an active unit looking for new members. Echoing what Stealth Raptor stated we are a mix of hard core casual.

nstalkers.com
ts.nstalkers.com

#6 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:57 AM

Hello Scrap, please feel free to come by and visit the 1st Ghost on the House Kurita TS server, most days we have plenty of players dropping in groups, the House Kurita TS server also hosts other units and provides access to most of the known active Kurita Units in MWO.

housekurita.teamspeak3.com:6619
Pw: Yakuza

#7 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:04 AM

Ohayo!

Of course I cannot speak for every Kuritan warrior in the DCMS, but ...

Davion: Decadent imperialists whose way of life prevents the citizenry from ever achieving true unity, and the realm from ever fully exploiting the capabilities of an otherwise formidable soldiery. Although on average still unable to match a true samurai of the Combine, Davion MechWarriors are still the most worthy foes one may face on the battlefields of the Inner Sphere.

Steiner: An industrial powerhouse plagued by corruption and an inefficient bureaucracy. A nation of peddlers that squanders the rich resources it sits on by attempting to compensate lack of skill with quantity rather than trying to learn from the Combine. The same can be said about their military, in which rank and station are determined not by ability and experience but rather the depth of one's purse.

Liao: Too far away, and too unimportant, to be of any consequence for the Dragon's plans yet. However, as it is situated on the other side of the monolithic Federated Commonwealth, it would be prudent to work together in resisting the infamous aggression and greed of Davion, which is why Liao agreed to the Kapteyn Accords proposed by Coordinator Takashi Kurita.

Marik: Like the Capellan Confederation, the Free Worlds League does not border the Combine directly, and has in the past decades not displayed a willingness or ability to campaign on the galactic scale as the League is plagued by internal strife, a result of its member worlds' dangerously high degree of autonomy. There exists a measurable degree of trade between the FWL and the Combine, however, and like Liao Marik was a signatory to the Kapteyn Accords.

FRR: Although many Rasalhagueians failed to see the wisdom in submitting to the superior leadership of the Dragon, no doubt influenced by certain corrupt politicians purchased with Steiner-money, the fiercely independent FRR maintains an amicable relationship to the Combine, and to this date is still the only realm that has a medal awarded exclusively to DCMS soldiers. In his wisdom and generosity, the Coordinator has transformed what used to be a conquered hotbed of insurrectionist activity into an allied buffer state, hoping that in time the people of Rasalhague will accept the hand stretched out in friendship.

Mercs: A warrior without a cause is like a sword without an edge. Soldiers of fortune look for profit first and foremost, which makes them unreliable in battle. They will not be willing to truly commit to battle, but rather flee as soon as the opposition would render a fight too costly.

As for the Draconis Combine itself ...

We are a people united not simply by territory and authority, but in spirit and high culture, with every individual being given a chance to work towards the greater good of the Dragon - that symbol of our nation which stands above all, including (in contrast to most other Successor States) even our Lord the Coordinator as a person, who is merely an embodiment of the Dragon's will. Furthermore, the Combine prizes civilization and art, our traditions being a pathway to every person's betterment by the appreciation of a divine beauty in almost every task or item. Even warfare is treated like a form of art, which served us well in establishing the MechWarriors of the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery as the Inner Sphere's most capable pilots, screened by a grueling selection process from amongst the Kuritan elite, hardened by years of arduous training, and finally achieving the balance between the unity of warrior and weapon on the battlefield and the peaceful pursuit of various arts outside the cockpit, acknowledging that a samurai cannot and should not be kept on edge at all times, but rather has a chance at recuperating focus to once again bring honor to their family by showing peak performance during the next engagement against the many enemies of House Kurita's divine leadership.

If you should have further questions, you merely need to ask. Most in this brotherhood of warriors will be willing to provide answers and further information in order to spread the Dragon's glory and appeal to potential new recruits.

/bow

Edited by Kyone Akashi, 07 July 2013 - 07:45 AM.

#8 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:49 PM

What Kyone said :D

#9 Ragnar Darkmane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 459 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:11 AM

View PostKyone Akashi, on 06 July 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

The well written truth

Kyone got it right like always :unsure:.

Edited by Ragnar Darkmane, 07 July 2013 - 06:12 AM.

#10 Scrapjunkie

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:40 AM

Thank you all for your support and thank you Kyone for the knowledge of the houses and out of all Kurita sounds the most honorable and would still like to learn more.

#11 Scrapjunkie

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:51 AM

I do have 1 question I have a highlander a dragon and I am thinking about getting a pretty baby would it be ok to have these mechs if I am in house Kurita?

#12 FullMetalJackass

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 255 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:34 PM

Absolutely any mech you want is fine in HK.

#13 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:20 PM

View PostScrapjunkie, on 07 July 2013 - 09:51 AM, said:

I do have 1 question I have a highlander a dragon and I am thinking about getting a pretty baby would it be ok to have these mechs if I am in house Kurita?

As FullMetalJackass said, any Mech is fine, no unit I know of in HK takes Role-Playing to the extreme of forcing members to only use Kuritan produced Mechs. The Combine does have Mechs that are iconic to it (Jenner, Dragon, Catapult K2), but this is a game in which you can make any Mech worthy of House Kurita.

#14 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:51 AM

Hai - and even for roleplaying purposes, it should be kept in mind that 'Mechs from all factions end up elsewhere as they are captured intact or salvaged and repaired to be put into service again in another realm. In this setting, 'Mechs often come with a story and legacy attached to them, passed down from generation to generation (such as the PNT-9R Panther Katana-Kat, piloted by Minobu Tetsuhara, and almost a hundred years later still being taken into battle by Katana Tormark) ... or from loser to victor. A bit like the horses and/or armor of the real world's feudal knights. :)

The only problem might be the prominent paintjob, which certainly looks very "merc'ish" and does not fit in well with DCMS military units, but as Ikka-san said most formations probably do not care about such details (though personally I appreciate uniform appearances).

#15 Scrapjunkie

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

Cool thanks guys I will buy some colors with my next purchase I already have a orange tan combo could I use the orange as like detail or is it a strict red black paint job?

#16 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:23 PM

Not at all! Unit colors depend heavily on the regiment. Most regiments even have two - one for parades and one for battle, although with Kuritans that does not necessarily mean "proper" camouflage. Like proper samurai, we like to be seen, in order to strike fear into the hearts of our enemies and proudly display our regiment's colors. ;)

http://www.camospecs...ction.asp?ID=14
This website has most official color schemes from the various canon regiments in Battletech, sometimes even complete with pictures of example miniatures. I am fairly certain that there were DCMS regiments that used orange as well, although no names spring to mind right now. My current 'Mech, the JR7-K Jenner "Azumi", is clad almost entirely in white, with violet accents. For the Centurion I piloted the past two months I used white with red instead. But really, almost anything goes, and some regiments (notably the ones on the Davion front) even use "true" camouflage, though such a breach of tradition seems to be looked down upon by MechWarriors from other units.

Also, I actually made a mistake earlier - at first I assumed Pretty Baby was the pink 'Mech, but that was actually Heavy Metal. Apologies! :D

Edited by Kyone Akashi, 08 July 2013 - 03:28 PM.

#17 muskrat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 234 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

Konnichi-wa Scrapjunkie,

Not strickly Red BLack, I pilot my units LightGray(simulating white) - Yellow (simulating gold) - lightGray

the Parade colors for the Dieron Military District.

you should choose your own "poison" Grin

Bow
Muskrat

#18 Scrapjunkie

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

Awesome thanks also is there any specific weapon that I cant use based on what was said about the FRR like say a dual AC/20 jagermech also any camo spec that isn't appropriate say the chains on the pretty baby?

#19 Scrapjunkie

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

I'm sorry what I meant about the FRR is cheap shots to win

#20 Surtr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDropship Naglfar, Clan Front

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:30 PM

View PostKyone Akashi, on 06 July 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

. In his wisdom and generosity, the Coordinator has transformed what used to be a conquered hotbed of insurrectionist activity into an allied buffer state, hoping that in time the people of Rasalhague will accept the hand stretched out in friendship.

Stretch out your hand to a snake and all you'll get is bit. FRR for life! Live and die for the Kungsarmé!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users