Fire Control - "proper" Chain Fire For Mwo / Tag Toggle / Jump Jet Spam [Fc 3.0.7 - 30Th Jan 2017]

542 replies to this topic

#181 M4NTiC0R3X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:01 PM

My impression is that I like the macro, but think macros defeat the spirit of the game which is why I've never used one.

I think you're all cheaters in a way.

Real pros use muscle memory so....

I post this picture so you may be ashamed:

Posted Image

Edited by M4NTiC0R3X, 12 January 2014 - 04:12 PM.

#182 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:21 AM

This is clearly why gaming mice are marketed with features such as dpi shift and rapid fire, with slogans such as "own your opponent".

Get used to it.
Maybe people do not want to be a "pro gamer"?

Besides, at a competetive level in mwo, fire timing is irrelevant.
The only things i use in comp matches is zoom mod, arm lock toggle and maybe a tag toggle.

#183 Space Hulkster

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:52 AM

View PostevilC, on 12 January 2014 - 01:39 PM, said:

You are not understanding ghost heat if you make this statement.

It is not how many shots are in one 500ms window, the counter goes up if you fired that kind of weapon in the last 500ms, AND NEVER RESETS UNTIL THERE IS A 500ms GAP!

0ms (shot 1, heat=1) ... 400ms (shot 2, heat=2) ... 800ms (shot 3, heat=3) ... 1200ms (shot 4, heat=4 GHOST HEAT)

Thank you, this was the piece I was missing. I did believe the 500ms was a window of time, not a gap requirement.

#184 Quizzical Coconut

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:31 PM

It now delays properly... for 1 shot. After the first group is fired, all other groups wait 1000ms and then fire.

#185 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:41 PM

What are your settings?

Not quite sure if you are using it wrong or I am not understanding what you want.

With these settings:
Fire Sequence: 3,4,5,6,stagger(1,1500),stagger(3,1500),stagger(2,1000),stagger(4,1000)
Fire Rate: 100

Then it should behave thus:
When you fire...
If group 3 or 5 are the first to fire, it fires once then waits 1500ms.
If group 4 or 6 are the first to fire, it fires once then waits 1000ms.
Otherwise it fires them as fast as it can (every 100ms).

Edited by evilC, 18 January 2014 - 05:42 PM.

#186 Quizzical Coconut

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:06 AM

The first group to fire doesn't matter. Because each launcher fires in clusters, each launcher has duration. What I'm trying to accomplish is to create a chain shaking effect. If you have an LRM15 in a 10 tube hardpoint, the first 10 will fire, the game will wait another 500ms, and then the remaining 5 will fire. 500ms after this, I want the next LRM15 to fire. We'll say this one is in a 6 tube hardpoint; therefore it will have a duration of 1000ms. After it has fired, I want a 500ms delay before the next launcher fires (and so on).

The difficult part is when reload time comes into play. If the macro doesn't know when a launcher has reloaded, it will continue on in its 1500,1500,1000,1000 pattern, telling the launchers to fire when they haven't reloaded, breaking the chain shaking effect (and wasting the valuable time you have to do your damage). This is why the macro would need to know both duration and reload time of each weapon group, and would involve even more calculations if you wanted to support mixed launchers (lrm5 and 15, with their differing reload times, guarantees that even if the 5 is fired 500ms after the 15, it will still reload 500ms earlier, and therefore be able to start the next firing chain. but what if it fired 1000ms after the 15 and they both reload at the same time? one would need preference. and imagine with 4 different launchers in the same macro).

Overall it would be quite the undertaking, and it can be done manually. But if you want the macro to be able to do it, it'll take some work.

#187 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:17 AM

Hmm, it seems to me that all you want is a custom delay for each group.

So let's say you have an LRM10, an LRM15 and an LRM20.

For argument's sake, let's assume they are all in 5 tube slots.

So the LRM10 fires in 2 volleys, the LRM15 in 3, the LRM20 in 4.

The LRM10 needs a 1000ms break after (0ms: Fire, 500ms: volley 2, then wait 500ms).
The LRM15 needs a 1500ms break after (0ms: Fire, 500ms: volley 2, 1000ms: volley 3, then wait 500ms).
The LRM20 needs a 2000ms break after (0ms: Fire, 500ms: volley 2, 1000ms: volley 3, 1500ms: volley 4, then wait 500ms).

So if I made a command which game a custom delay for each item in the fire sequence, you could use it thus:
Put the LRM10 in group 2, the LRM15 in group 3, the LRM20 in group 4.
Fire Sequence would be: 2,3,4,customdelay(1,1000),customdelay(2,1500),customdelay(3,2000)
The Fire Rate setting would be irrelevant.

Would that not work?

If I got it wrong, if you could give me a concrete example (ie which weapons you are packing and how many volleys in each) then it doesn't sound that complicated.

Actually, the above example could be done with Fire Control as it stands now.

Fire Sequence: 2,2,3,3,3,4,4,4,4
Fire Rate: 500

How this "hack" works:
By repeating the same group multiple times, the extra keypresses do nothing (The weapon already fired), it just inserts a delay.

Edited by evilC, 20 January 2014 - 05:26 AM.

#188 Quizzical Coconut

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:31 PM

The "hack" works great. I'm not sure if it works as well with asynchronous reload times, but with a fire rate of 550ms, everything is working smoothly on the stalker (I'm disappointed that I didn't think of that myself).

#189 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:35 AM

I was pretty sure once I understood your requirements, I could work out a way to do it very quickly :rolleyes:

Whilst it probably works OK, the hack will most likely not be exactly what you want.

Say it is using the sequence 2,2,3,3,3,4,4,4,4 as above, but you release the mouse after the 1st 3 is sent.
Even with "Limit Fire Rate" on, if you wait longer than 500ms before hitting fire again, it would pick up at the 2nd 3 and maybe not fire 4 for another 1500 ms.

Now that I know that this is what you want, I will try to find some time to put in the proper "customdelay" command which should behave much more predictably.

#190 SniperCzar

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 96 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:44 AM

Currently trying to find a way to pass custom information along to the RivaTuner Statistics Server overlay. Intended purpose is an AHK script that can be dialed in/"zeroed" to a specific range via numpad entry (and displayed on the screen so I know it's working) and compensate for both Gauss lag and projectile speed difference between Gauss and PPCs.

Additional info could be displayed such as expected damage at range, whether a follow up shot will trigger overheat (that math's gonna suck) and a countdown timer for charge/auto discharge on the Gauss.

I'll let you know if I find any RTSS documentation but I haven't found any so far. Any tips from the macro master?

#191 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:34 AM

I would be very interested to hear if you have any success displaying text generated by AHK to an app that can overlay it to the game screen.
The only workaround that I know of is to use fullscreen window mode, and have AHK create a custom transparent window that it positions over the top of the game window.

Regarding the rest of the code, it sounds relatively trivial. As long as you have relative speeds for the projectiles, getting the timing right should not be too much of a problem, however I think it may be of limited use unless you can hold the crosshair at the same point. What may be slightly complicated is the fact that the gauss travels faster than the PPC, so would need to be fired afterwards.
You would need to subtract the amount of time that the gauss was delayed by from the "available window" (The time the gauss holds it's charge).

#192 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:36 AM

Please be aware that due to UI2.0 changes, certain aspects of FC may not work properly.
Specifically, when you used to finish a match, it reset the status of toggles etc.

This mechanism used the change of window size to detect this, but as the game is now always fullscreen, it does not work.

#193 lsp

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:38 PM

My triple ultras still jam with fast fire and the setting of 475, with limit rate of fire. And it kind of defeats the purpose of even using ultras to begin with, no more big burst damage. Might as well just take regular ac5's instead, that's essentially all this program does.

#194 TheLastUn1corn

• PipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:20 PM

Sorry, but I haven't ever used Autohotkey before, and so your FireControl Macro may be really good, but I'm just not able to use it with my current lack of information.

What I want to achieve, is TAG constantly firing.
So, first I downloaded Autohotkey.
Then I loaded your .zip file and unzipped it. After that I double clicked on the firectrl.exe and the window of the macro opened up. Then I wanted to use the toggle weapon group option to make weapon group 6 fire constantly, but i just didn't manage. I set "weapon toggle group" to 6, but that didn't have any effect.

What do I need to do in order to make this work (constant TAG fire)? Could you maybe give me a little step-by-step explanation (although it may sound stupid)?

Thank you very much!

#195 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:33 PM

View Postlsp, on 14 February 2014 - 12:38 PM, said:

My triple ultras still jam with fast fire and the setting of 475, with limit rate of fire. And it kind of defeats the purpose of even using ultras to begin with, no more big burst damage. Might as well just take regular ac5's instead, that's essentially all this program does.

Have you tried upping it a bit, say to 485?
The timings are not totally precise, so if dealing with something like UACs you may need to introduce a bit of slack.
Also, the point is, that you can use the "Change Fire Rate" binding to halve the fire rate.
That way, you fire in single shot by default, but if you hit the "Change Fire Rate" button, you double-shot.
ie, you have a button to choose single or double shot.

Edited by evilC, 14 February 2014 - 02:33 PM.

#196 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:38 PM

View PostTheLastUn1corn, on 14 February 2014 - 02:20 PM, said:

Sorry, but I haven't ever used Autohotkey before, and so your FireControl Macro may be really good, but I'm just not able to use it with my current lack of information.

What I want to achieve, is TAG constantly firing.
So, first I downloaded Autohotkey.
Then I loaded your .zip file and unzipped it. After that I double clicked on the firectrl.exe and the window of the macro opened up. Then I wanted to use the toggle weapon group option to make weapon group 6 fire constantly, but i just didn't manage. I set "weapon toggle group" to 6, but that didn't have any effect.

What do I need to do in order to make this work (constant TAG fire)? Could you maybe give me a little step-by-step explanation (although it may sound stupid)?

Thank you very much!

Since this is such a common question, I added it to the second post.

#197 lsp

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:11 PM

View PostevilC, on 14 February 2014 - 02:33 PM, said:

Have you tried upping it a bit, say to 485?
The timings are not totally precise, so if dealing with something like UACs you may need to introduce a bit of slack.
Also, the point is, that you can use the "Change Fire Rate" binding to halve the fire rate.
That way, you fire in single shot by default, but if you hit the "Change Fire Rate" button, you double-shot.
ie, you have a button to choose single or double shot.

I'll have to try that, even if it doubles my ROF, isn't that only 950 opposed to the 1500 of the regular ROF.

#198 TheLastUn1corn

• PipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:14 AM

Thanks a lot, now I understand, how it works! ;)

#199 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:43 AM

How this guy is not working for PGI?

#200 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:18 AM

View Postlsp, on 14 February 2014 - 05:11 PM, said:

I'll have to try that, even if it doubles my ROF, isn't that only 950 opposed to the 1500 of the regular ROF.

Eh?
UAC5 and AC5 both have a ROF of 1500.
However, the UAC5 can double shot, effectively giving it a ROF of 750.

So if you ave 3 UAC5s, that is 1500/3 = 500 fire rate, or 250 if you want to double shot the UACs and potentially jam them.

Then you can take off 5% for Fast Fire, but remember that fast fire does not work in Testing Grounds, so you will need to test with the full rate.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users