#1 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:27 AM

Set for the 6th of July

The 1st Ghost Regiment invites all members of House Kurita and its warriors to join us on 'Dragon Drop Saturday'

Dragon Drop Saturday is an all day event, meant for a bit of fun, the idea is to bring a Kurita specific mech or variant such as the Dragon, Cat-K2, etc. Then the real fun begins, come on to the House Kurita TS server and join a group or the chaos drop channels, and get a lot of massed random fun.

The general idea is just to have a real fun day, shoot other factions, each other and have a general House Kurita get together.

Hope to see you all there!

House Kurita TS: housekurita.teamspeak3.com:6619
PW: Yakuza

Note: The 1st Ghost are hoping to run this kind of event semi-regularly

#2 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:17 PM

I will spread the word.

#3 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

Thanks Prophetic, it is appreciated, iv already mentioned it to some of the members of your Unit, also managed to get messages to the Ronin and 9th Sword.

#4 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

I'll let the regiment know, unfortunately I am working.

#5 Skydrive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 286 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

I look forward to this, though I wish you would of made it at a later date, I mean, atleast given me time to get all the elites out of my DS :D
So far out of the bundle of mechs I've killed with it, I've killed I believe *checks the kill list* two dragons and one catapult K2... ya, this should help me alot :P

#6 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:13 PM

View PostSkydrive, on 05 July 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

I look forward to this, though I wish you would of made it at a later date, I mean, atleast given me time to get all the elites out of my DS :)
So far out of the bundle of mechs I've killed with it, I've killed I believe *checks the kill list* two dragons and one catapult K2... ya, this should help me alot :(

Originally had intended to post at the beginning of the week, unfortunately my work killed any chance of posting up details, but Our regiment will be trying to host events like this maybe once or twice a month, so plenty of chances to tick off your kill list ... ;)

#7 shotokan5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 550 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationvirginia

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:14 AM

It's 5:00 A.M Saturday EST now lets get cracking and get to Meching.

#8 Skydrive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 286 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:48 AM

View PostManaValkyrie, on 05 July 2013 - 11:13 PM, said:

Originally had intended to post at the beginning of the week, unfortunately my work killed any chance of posting up details, but Our regiment will be trying to host events like this maybe once or twice a month, so plenty of chances to tick off your kill list ... :(

Thank you, I appreciate the effort :)

#9 BoxOfAids

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 175 posts
  • LocationMA, USA

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:30 AM

I might drop by for this later

#10 shotokan5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 550 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationvirginia

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:55 AM

For those who missed the gathering, it was a lot of fun. Not only was their some great game play but I got to meet some nice people that I had never met before. We have a lot of new players that we had a chance to help which was great. Sorry you missed it.

#11 Amsro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,384 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:30 AM

View Postshotokan5, on 07 July 2013 - 02:55 AM, said:

For those who missed the gathering, it was a lot of fun. Not only was their some great game play but I got to meet some nice people that I had never met before. We have a lot of new players that we had a chance to help which was great. Sorry you missed it.

As am I!!

If it was a success I hope there will be more!

I'll be lurking in the Kurita forums to keep up to date, no more missed events!

#12 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:44 PM

Amsro, in future, I will endeavour to get information about community events out ahead of time, I know my unit has just posted up some events for the next couple of weekends, I will talk to the event creators and find out if they are unit specific or if its open to the House Kurita community as a whole.

On a personal note, it was nice to see people from various House Kurita units and regiments dropping together and generally having a lot of fun, I know i did with various players and groups in the hours that I did drop over the course of the day, so many thanks to you all.

Edited by ManaValkyrie, 08 July 2013 - 11:46 PM.

#13 Pliskkenn D

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:49 PM

Gutted I missed this.

#14 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:24 PM

Pliskken D there will be another dragon drop saturday in a couple of weeks time, i am trying to host a weekly event of some description. Unfortunately due to IRL time constraints I haven't sorted an event for this weekend.

#15 Grimmnyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:06 PM

Howdy honorable Draconis Combine Samurai. Since you seem to like theme drops, I propose that next Saturday we have Quickdraw vs Dragon day. All Free Worlds League mechwarriors who decide to participate will pilot our iconic Quickdraws and all Draconis Combine mechwarriors pilot your iconic Dragon. If you agree to this, then pick the times that we Will make this happen. ***edited Android auto-correct does some crazy things***

Edited by Ed Steele, 02 August 2013 - 08:06 PM.

#16 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:09 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 01 August 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

Howdy honorable Draconis Combine Samurai. Since you seem to like theme drops, I propose that next Saturday we have Quickdraw vs Dragon day. All Free Worlds League mechwarriors who decide to participate will pilot our iconic Quickdraws and all Draconis Combine mechwarriors pilot your iconic Dragon. If you agree to this, then pick the times that we Williams make this happen.

Hello Ed Steele,

Well the theme drops are my way of getting community events flowing, if you cant have CW yet, may as well create your own events, would Saturday the 10th August be suitable for the Marik players? If so let me know and ill knock some event posters up.

MV

#17 Grimmnyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:00 AM

View PostManaValkyrie, on 01 August 2013 - 11:09 PM, said:

Hello Ed Steele,

Well the theme drops are my way of getting community events flowing, if you cant have CW yet, may as well create your own events, would Saturday the 10th August be suitable for the Marik players? If so let me know and ill knock some event posters up.

MV

In the MGA, we organize our own events and achievements as well. The 10th sounds good. So all day long, or a certain timeframe? Also, we need to use the same game mode in order to be in the same games more often. Four man groups would work best for the shortest queues. I can't get speak for all House Marik mechwarriors, but I am sure many of us will participate.

So yes, the 10th would work. Do we have a timeframe, or just drop in four-mans allday? Also

#18 paxmortis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • LocationDortmund, Germany

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:32 AM

Hi all, 08/10 at which time?

I hope i can get some of my german mechwarrior to the event.

#19 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:18 AM

@ Ed Steele - Yes we have been trying to do the same over here. We generally try to run the event as an all day open event due to the wildly different times that some units are on, however, my regiment and a couple of the other units are on afternoon times EST through later, so evening time US.

As for game mode, generally we try to run in 4 man conquest matches, due to getting a good match run, running battles.etc rather than caprush assaults.

@paxmortis - Good to see our Brothers from the 36th, I run the events as an all day event off the main House Kurita TS, so feel free to drop in

#20 Grimmnyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:26 AM

@MV

Ok 12AM Aug 10 to 12AM Aug 11, Conquest mode, four man groups whenever possible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users