44 replies to this topic

#21 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:35 AM

@Ed Sounds good to me, I will throw some event posters together this weekend.

#22 paxmortis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • LocationDortmund, Germany

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:25 AM

View PostManaValkyrie, on 02 August 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

@paxmortis - Good to see our Brothers from the 36th, I run the events as an all day event off the main House Kurita TS, so feel free to drop in

Roger that.

I will forward the message to the german units.

#23 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:05 AM

@paxmortis Thank you very much, hopefully I will get chance to drop with some of you guys

#24 paxmortis

• 1,548 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:02 AM

I wrote a post in the forum of the 11th Legion of Vega and our forum. Today we have also our chapter meeting, where i will ask who wants to play a couple of rounds next saturday.

I think we will get a couple of german players to join the event.

One question:
Only dragon against quickdraw chassis or is this only for the marik gunfire alliace against the 1st Ghost?

Edited by paxmortis, 04 August 2013 - 01:07 AM.

#25 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:48 AM

The event is Dragon Vs Quickdraw, open to all members of House Kurita and House Marik.

Note: Not everyone runs Dragons or Quickdraws, and it shouldn't stop them from partaking in the event. Just if you do have said mech, use your factions icon mech for the drops

#26 42and19

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 197 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:50 AM

Dammit, we really need the orion.

This interests me and I may take part. Means I would save up for a quickdraw but I have been considering it anyway. :)

#27 Grimmnyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:43 PM

View Post42and19, on 05 August 2013 - 07:50 AM, said:

Dammit, we really need the orion.

This interests me and I may take part. Means I would save up for a quickdraw but I have been considering it anyway. :)

Yes, I want my Orion too, but the Quickdraw is nearly as common in the FWL. Also, since the Dragon and the Quickdraw are both 60 tons, it is a better matchup and a more honorable fight.

#28 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:52 AM

Ok, So for the next Dragon Drop Saturday:

Posted Image

This is an open event for all House Kurita Vs House Marik Warriors, Grab your Dragon Mech for Kurita Warriors or your Quickdraw for Marik Warriors group up and drop some conquest matches!

#29 Zongoose

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 89 posts
  • LocationSouthampton

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:35 AM

Awesome poster ManaValkyrie, thanks for the effort you're putting in to this! I'll try to make sure we drum up as much support from the Marik side as possible.

#30 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:38 AM

View PostZongoose, on 06 August 2013 - 08:35 AM, said:

Awesome poster ManaValkyrie, thanks for the effort you're putting in to this! I'll try to make sure we drum up as much support from the Marik side as possible.

Thanks Zongoose, I try to make up posters for any of the events I set up for the House Kurita Community, it was a little harder this time after being asked to try to set up a house vs house event, Draconis Red and Marik Purple colouring is hard to get into a poster together.

#31 Skydrive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 286 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:06 PM

So question is, what heavies would the faction based units of other... factions use??? Jagers and Cataphracts for Liao and Davion? Atlas's for Steiner... no wait, thats a light for them....

#32 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:13 PM

To be honest, so far they have only launched a couple of House 'Icon' Mechs

#33 Grimmnyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:55 PM

View PostSkydrive, on 06 August 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

So question is, what heavies would the faction based units of other... factions use??? Jagers and Cataphracts for Liao and Davion? Atlas's for Steiner... no wait, thats a light for them....

Davion Centurion vs Marik Trebuchet would be a great matchup. Or Davion Jager vs Liao Cataphract.

Also, technically only the Quickdraw 4G and 4H are canon to Marik, the K is actually a Kurita variant (but to keep this event simple we will pretend it is Marik too).

View PostManaValkyrie, on 06 August 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

Thanks Zongoose, I try to make up posters for any of the events I set up for the House Kurita Community, it was a little harder this time after being asked to try to set up a house vs house event, Draconis Red and Marik Purple colouring is hard to get into a poster together.

Love the poster, reposted it on the MGA forum!

#34 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:04 PM

@ Ed - Thanks, I did repost it in the Marik House Forum here, hopefully we will see each other on the battlefield this Saturday

#35 Blacke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 238 posts
  • Location3rd Takata Lancers

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:22 PM

View PostManaValkyrie, on 06 August 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:

Ok, So for the next Dragon Drop Saturday:

Posted Image

This is an open event for all House Kurita Vs House Marik Warriors, Grab your Dragon Mech for Kurita Warriors or your Quickdraw for Marik Warriors group up and drop some conquest matches!

Don't forget this coming up.

#36 Grimmnyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:18 PM

Well, I managed to get about five FWL pilots in Quickdraws, but the matchmaker never put us in the same game as you guys. Maybe later. If not, we can try this again when and if Community Warfare is ever implemented.

#37 paxmortis

• 1,548 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:42 AM

Hi mates sorry that i was yesterday not at the event. I had the whole day stomach ache and so i was not playing anything.

#38 Pliskkenn D

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:35 AM

Missed it again argh!

#39 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:53 AM

I would like to thank the members of House Kurita that did participate, in the end I managed about 7-8 hours of drops with up to 4 lances going at any one time. I do not think that our opponents in some games expected to see so many dragons in matches.

Perhaps the nay-says about how good Dragon mechs are may want to understand what 6-8 well balanced, fast moving dragons can do to a team when they are handled well and operate in teams... its pretty devastating and i was on both the giving and receiving end of a dragon charge brigade!

I'd also like to thank Ed Steele from the Marik Gunfighter Alliance for attempting to get House Marik involved in the event, it is also a shame that we failed to match up, would have been fun.

#40 MahKraah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 192 posts
  • LocationSaffel Dierondistrict

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:53 AM

i´d like to thank mana and the 1. ghost for organizing this event, it was fun!
i joined manas lance for solid 4 houres , 1am-4am local german time :-)
sadly missing gamefeatures, like the lobby, are still preventing such events from beeing truly epic.
utilizing the syncdrop the 1.ghost´s did whats possible with the current game enviroment and they did well.
as important as the fun of organized, themed drops are the bonding effects of kuritan units from all timezones and languages dropping and fighting together. when cw finaly is introduced into mwo we will know each others and will be able to defend our worlds and bring the pain to our opponents TOGETHER AS THE DCMS and not as isolated units or single pilots.
it again turned out that the house kurita teamspeak is a exellent meetingpoint for all kuritans, them beeing part of a unit or lone operating pilots. once comunitywarfare goes live it will also be a important comlink of the combines waraffords across continents and timezones.
long live the combine!!
chu-i mah kraah 36th dieron 3. battallion 1. company

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users