What Is The Mm Doing To New Players?

63 replies to this topic

#61 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:53 AM

Current game status...

http://www.youtube.c...qjZXp7TQA#at=95

Edited by Mudhutwarrior, 09 July 2013 - 08:55 AM.

#62 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:45 AM

Thats still more kills she got there than the PGI 8 man on their last evening. But both have come to the same conclusion regarding the state of the game, a shame they are on a bit of an island there though.

#63 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:42 AM

View PostJungle Rhino, on 09 July 2013 - 02:39 AM, said:

I wish I could somehow print this post out and staple it to PGI's collective foreheads.

New players don't have a goddam chance in this game, mainly thanks to the awful default control options (arm lock and FPS throttle). Most of them don't even know to push R to target things. As a community we end up having to teach them in game - and we need to be better at that rather than complaining about new players.

This is before we even look at the F2P 'paygate' that PGI have in place. If you don't spend MC on mechs - then it takes days of losing matches to earn enough money for the necessary Endo/DHS upgrades. Not to mention the incredibly unfair skill trees. Until you have 3 mechs of the same chassis and get your basics doubled and have speed tweak - then you are basically playing with one arm tied behind your back. Don't even get me started on seismic. If you don't want to pay for the GXP conversion for that you may aswell go back to CoD.

If you want to compete as a new player then you need to buy 3 mechs with MC, grind them out to Elite with the starting XP boost. Use the starting CBills to pay for DHS/endo/XL engines and Seismic modules.and then use more MC to convert XP to GXP to upgrade to unlock the module slots.

If you don't pay you will be grinding for a month to get to that point.

Then it is approaching a fair fight, and you can start actually learning the game, mech types etc. and upskilling now that you have all the tools availalbe to the more experienced players.

If by months you mean 3-4 hours...then yes. Cadet bonuses gets you an extremely quick 9-10 million. I earned that right after cadet bonuses were added and it took me 40 matches (10 in each trial) to earn about 11 million, more than enough to buy nearly every mech in the game, and to customize most of them as well

#64 Divine Madcat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

View PostBudor, on 09 July 2013 - 09:45 AM, said:

Thats still more kills she got there than the PGI 8 man on their last evening. But both have come to the same conclusion regarding the state of the game, a shame they are on a bit of an island there though.

Thats...... just sad. But hopefully them getting trounced will help show what others are going through...

22 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 22 guests, 0 anonymous users