Mech Cockpits

29 replies to this topic

#21 Hyperlynx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:07 AM

It always bothers me a tiny bit that the guy waggles the joystick in the startup sequence and it doesn't at least waggle the arms.

#22 wickwire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • LocationIgnoring The Meta Since 2012

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:10 AM

while we are at it, i hate that some of the screens get squished, e.g. bottom left screen in the Cataphract

Posted Image

Edited by wickwire, 13 July 2013 - 09:26 AM.

#23 Krazy Kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:15 PM

View PostWolf Ender, on 12 July 2013 - 02:15 AM, said:

and WTF is this?
Posted Image
It looks like an old 8-track player or a guitar amp plugin board....where have i seen that texture before?

I think it's a Super Nintendo that the pilot plays on one of the blank screens while he walks for 5 minutes across Alpine.

#24 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

View Postjakucha, on 09 July 2013 - 04:49 AM, said:

This is how I imagine playing with that set up is like:

Posted Image

Lol, that seems pretty accurate. When I fly flight simulators, I use Track IR, my head is constantly whipping around like crazy watching everything in the air and my instruments in the cockpit. And I have to constantly input controls on the keyboard, throttle, and joystick. I've never tried using a Tri-Monitor setup though.

Edited by General Taskeen, 12 July 2013 - 04:23 PM.

#25 MisterFiveSeven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 290 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

View PostWolf Ender, on 12 July 2013 - 02:15 AM, said:

ok since we are talking about cockpits I have a bone to pick with the stalker

Posted Image
what's wrong with this picture?

Posted Image
PGI ...seriously WTF is this chicken wire you guys have protecting your mechs exposed wires? did you run out of money? do you shop for mech parts at the gardening section of home depot? these look awful IMHO. super chintzy, and look at how the two up front are like just bent into the rough shape of a box. it looks like a cheap desktop paper organizer and pencil holder set you buy at walmart

and WTF is this?
Posted Image
It looks like an old 8-track player or a guitar amp plugin board....where have i seen that texture before?

Posted Image
There it is again...on the jenner (also seen it in quickdraw) now i appreciate the need to re-use textures sometimes...but on the stalker it looks horrible. use it in places where it gets shrunk down not blown up. it looks all grainy and horrible in the stalker.

i love the stalker but i think the cockpit design is crap

I actually assumed it looked so ****** because my graphics have to be set to low otherwise I crash every drop.

Keep in mind I built a new computer at the beginning of open beta so I could play MWO :D

The truth is far more disappointing.

#26 BP Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:10 PM

Slightly better shot of the Victor...

Posted Image

#27 BP Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:48 AM

Hunchback, SP model i believe. The bug hunch varients can see the hunch on the right side, blocks the view quite considerably (on 3 screens, single is fine).

Posted Image

#28 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:52 AM

best mech cockpits of any mech game to date.

thats for sure.

#29 wickwire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • LocationIgnoring The Meta Since 2012

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:35 AM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 22 July 2013 - 06:52 AM, said:

best mech cockpits of any mech game to date.

thats for sure.

definitely true, but most players don't get to experience them properly because the default FOV is too low

#30 BossTek

Clone

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego, Ca

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:24 PM

View Postcdlord, on 09 July 2013 - 04:58 AM, said:

Very cool, thank you!

That's also my dream set up, I'm trying to convince the wife that it's a good investment to toss my current screens out and buy all new, same-size/type screens.

Do it buddy, you will not regret it. There is NOTHING like coming into your System, sitting down with a killer set-up, and firing up MWO. Nothing. We have 5 Gaming/Workstations here at the BossTek HQ. All of them have 3x BenQ XL2420TE's, Corsair k70 Keyboards, Corsair M65 Mice, and with the new Corsair Prototype Headsets we have here. Oh man. Totally worth every penny. Though it is a lot of pennies. We just had to step-up to 4-way SLI Titan's on all the Rig's to be able to handle the 5760x1080 for BF4, and other next gen. titles. But again, nothing like it. I had to actually justify our expenses to our accountant, which was difficult but worked. I simply explain how much of a better Gaming Experience it was, and how simply as a marketing tool it was beneficial. Let alone how just awesome it is when a client or customer comes into the showroom and gets to demo MWO or BF4 on one of these badboys.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users