1000 Dmg Sdr-5D Build

56 replies to this topic

#41 psiber14

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:22 AM

Not going to bother with the comment Violent Reaction except this: I am willing to bet you simply don't pilot a spider well.

When I live I have been averaging more damage on my treb lately. When i live :)

Anyway, got this with 3 MPL and a few less than skilled opponents
Posted Image

#42 MavRCK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMontreal - Vancouver

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:38 AM

View PostVIOLENT REACTION, on 13 September 2013 - 02:51 PM, said:

I'm noticing only spider pilots replying to this thread..The spiders are glitched and we all know it.The only ones using them are pilots who pilot glitched mechs. Jump in a non-glitched mech and see what dmg you can do then you can brag about it all you want..My 2 centz..

V/R

They're not glitched. They have some serious limitations. All fast light mechs are difficult to hit - even with HSR. Check the pings of players in your game - the greater the variation the more difficult it is to hit a fast light. Also, if your ping is low, it seems like you're easier to hit as a light versus an opposing light mech with high ping. (Relative pings might matter?)

This is me usually screwing around in a spider. :)

SPIDER SDR-5D 288 188 96 1.96 315 100 3.15 72,771 230,561
1 day 06:19:44

Edited by MavRCK, 16 September 2013 - 08:38 AM.

#43 ohtochooseaname

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 440 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:22 PM

I don't think anyone who has actually played a spider for any length of time would say they are any more glitched than anything else. I mean...I have an 80 ms ping and I frequently have to "lead" jenners by 1-2 meters to actually hit them. The fact that they have both a longer and a wider cross section than a spider is what makes them easier to hit.

In no way do spiders feel like the god-mode that just to be the 3L, and, though I find spider play much more fun, I get much higher damage numbers and kills in just about everything else I play (jenners, jaegers, Trebs, Victors, etc.).

#44 RedDevil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 702 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:25 PM

View Postohtochooseaname, on 16 September 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

I don't think anyone who has actually played a spider for any length of time would say they are any more glitched than anything else.
Is this an honest statement or is this Spider players wanting to hide an advantage from the devs?
Not trying to start anything. I'm actually thinking of picking up lights next, and the Spider just seams like it has a phased shield around it. I'm starting to think it would be dumb to pick any other light.

So buy a Spider is what I'm thinking (unless it's getting "fixed," or "nurfed" soon).

#45 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:37 PM

You can build a spider with 2 ERPPC that goes 108 kph and has JJ.

#46 ohtochooseaname

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 440 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:35 PM

View Postreddevil, on 24 September 2013 - 11:25 PM, said:

Is this an honest statement or is this Spider players wanting to hide an advantage from the devs?
Not trying to start anything. I'm actually thinking of picking up lights next, and the Spider just seams like it has a phased shield around it. I'm starting to think it would be dumb to pick any other light.

So buy a Spider is what I'm thinking (unless it's getting "fixed," or "nurfed" soon).

The spider's profile is what makes it "glitched". For its weight, it is actually quite tall, and instead of having a long profile (Raven, Jenner) or a wide profile (commando), it actually has a pretty cylindrical profile, making it have a smaller surface area even than the commando. Its relative height further reduces its lateral profile, and the lateral profile is the important factor for being hit since that is where all the speed and hsr issues come into play, not to mention aiming is 90% lateral position and 10% vertical. These factors combined with jump jets make spiders the most difficult mech to hit, and specifically to target a particular location on. Spiders are certainly easy to hit once you get used to the quirks inherent in your own personal lag to the server, but they are still more difficult than anything else due to the aforementioned profile considerations, which makes them one of the most survivable mechs in the game...if you don't go face hug people with ac20's. The actual HSR problems are inherent to the game, and don't have anything to do with the spider, but the spider makes those problems more obvious.

All that being said, the developers can do to the spider what they did to the Raven's legs and artificially (and invisibly) increase the size of the profile so that they are easier to hit. I don't think they will because Spiders are simply not overpowered. They are a lot of work for little reward compared to Jenners and Ravens, but they have one of the highest skill caps in the game (managing running at 150 kph, jump jets, ecm, arm + torso weapons, no streaks, and a small weapon loadout), which, combined with the smallest profile in the game, allows the spider to do things no other light can do and truly shine in the hands of a pilot with 100's of games under his belt.

In a spider, it takes a lot of work, danger, and skill to get a 700+ damage game. On the other hand, when I pick up a Jenner F, throw 5 ML's on it, and play defensive, it seems like every other game is that way. They are very different playstyles: one is frenetic, in-your-face gameplay causing the most mayhem and confusion possible, and the other is trying to gank people and hide before they can get you in their crosshairs from 300+ meters away. In a Jenner, you have to play defensive or you'll die due to the ct, and in a spider, you can't play defensive or you won't be very effective.

Edited by ohtochooseaname, 25 September 2013 - 01:36 PM.

#47 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

l pilot a Spider, Raven, Jenner, Hunchback, Catapult, Cataphract, Quickdraw, Victor and the Atlas.

I can do well (as in 3-400 average damage, I leave zombies and sticks and focus on those with weapons left and often miss the kills but I digress) in all of them, but the spider is by far the most difficult to play but also the most rewarding when you get into the flow.

I think those who complain today with improved hsr are simply ******** because they got cored from the rear in their stalker by a decent pilot. *rolls eyes* I've seen kyocera play and he/she is a good pilot.

#48 Jaded Mantis

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:14 AM

View PostLi Song, on 25 September 2013 - 02:44 PM, said:

I think those who complain today with improved hsr are simply ******** because they got cored from the rear in their stalker by a decent pilot. *rolls eyes* I've seen kyocera play and he/she is a good pilot.

Well, I can only speak for myself but when I complain it is not when I get cored by a decent pilot while in a Stalker. I don't mind being beaten by a better pilot that never gives me a clear shot and certainly there are some of those out there. When that happens I know it is my mistake getting myself caught.

My problem is when I am up against someone who is just not that good but the hits just do not register. These are the ones that go poof on the days when the hits do register. On bad days even a shutdown mech might not register. This is of course not unique to the spider but as the chances to get in a solid hit is less with spiders it makes it worse. Another mech I have had really bad hit detection problems with is the Blackjack for some odd reason. In that case it is even more obvious as they are easier to keep the targeting on so it is even more obvious how often the hits just do not register even though the lasers were kept on target all the time. My ping is usually around 300 so this could of course have an effect on my experience.

Also, I do not have a problem with the Spider itself. I myself mastered all 3 variants (yes even the bad one - the only mech type I bothered to master all variants). It is great fun to use but I would prefer to know that if I manage to not get hit it is because of what I did and not random netcode issues. Also, I want to die to the good pilot that never let me get a decent shot in. Not the one that can stand still in front of me and STILL not get destroyed.

#49 Xanezz

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:42 AM

View PostLi Song, on 25 September 2013 - 02:44 PM, said:

There literally is videos out there that show someone hitting a spider in the face point blank with a gauss, the hit marker flashes, no damage. It is a valid complaint.

#50 Autobot9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:07 AM

I dont know where the wondering about maximum inflicting damage/viability comes from? Above are some spiders with more than 6 sustained damage. That's a value you meet on well designed assaults and heavies too. Small hitboxes, tiny silhouette make for super survivability. Add to that issues in netcode and non-physical movement of lights and you have the explanation why in nearly every match the Spiders and sometimes Jenners are the last mechs on the battlefield. It's not the assaults, that survive the longest, it's the light mechs. PGI even admitted, they had to buff SRM damage in order to compensate for their netcodes inability to hit light mechs. Hence assaults and heavies suffered and light mechs again triumphed. PGIs goal of making all classes equally viable is one of the few they actually achieved. It's not intuitive to the newcomer but light mechs are equally strong as assaults. A consequence of poor netcode, missing goals/roles for light mechs (hence their only purpose is to be equal in duels) and non-physical movement.

Edited by Autobot9000, 27 September 2013 - 09:13 AM.

#51 Wispsy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

View PostXanezz, on 27 September 2013 - 01:42 AM, said:

There literally is videos out there that show someone hitting a spider in the face point blank with a gauss, the hit marker flashes, no damage. It is a valid complaint.

This also sometimes happens when you hit an Atlas.

#52 ohtochooseaname

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 440 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostWispsy, on 27 September 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

This also sometimes happens when you hit an Atlas.

I've seen it more with a victor jump jetting. I'd peg him straight in the ct with an ERPPC -> big explosion and...nothin. The difference is that when people hit a spider, they expect the armor/hp to significantly change, but when they hit a victor/atlas, it's understandable when it doesnt.

#53 The Familt Ghost

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:52 PM

View PostXanezz, on 27 September 2013 - 01:42 AM, said:

No link. No credibility.

I've been working on getting the Spider Mastered. I use LL and MG, and keep the speed. I try to get in and weave in and out of the larger battles.

One mistake and one is dead.

And to say that lights are equally strong as assaults is....strange. To me, it feels like a retreat to a lowest common denominator...or a tacit complement to spider drivers taht can stay alive.

Edited by The Familt Ghost, 02 October 2013 - 01:54 PM.

#54 Wispsy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:50 PM

http://i.imgur.com/MC7U7fl.jpg

#55 -Muta-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 749 posts
  • Locationstill remains a mistery.

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

View PostWispsy, on 07 October 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

Epic... that is all I can say great job mate

#56 Shaemus Shadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:03 PM

View PostWispsy, on 07 October 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

*CLAPPING LOUDLY*

#57 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,640 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:29 PM

Congratulations! You have now committed your first necropost!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users