Victor Earlybird Special

406 replies to this topic

#41 Avimimus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 217 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:48 AM

Water off my back.

I just want a twin machine gun mounting (so you can have twice the machine guns per hardpoint) and a CBill/XP boost for the light mechs, maybe a slight boost to forward movement for jump jets.

#42 Noonan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 153 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:50 AM

Actually, I think the Phoenix package access is pretty cheesy too. Either you spend $80 or you don't get to play the Battlemaster until January? That seems worse to me and is why I have not yet purchased any of the Project Phoenix packages.

The last few patches have been insubstantial and not really done anything to get the game ready for launch. We are now down to one patch before the Phoenix deadline for early bird. I know a lot of people who are waiting to see what we get before they spend any additional money on this game. I want to see a great patch that gets me excited and not something that makes kick the can down the road.

#43 Chavette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:51 AM

I agree this is a good way to do it.

#44 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:52 AM

View PostVasces Diablo, on 09 July 2013 - 08:32 AM, said:

I never buy standard mechs with MC, but there are 2 things I really like about this:

1) generates revenue while not being P2W. These are standard variants that will be available for cbills to everyone in short order.
2) it smooths out the new mech spike that occurs in game everytime a new mechs released.

The sale would go much better for them if we had SOMETHING, ANYTHING on what CW is going to be.

"What am I buying, PGI?"

I come from the Show-Me state.

Show Me!

View PostChavette, on 09 July 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

I agree this is a good way to do it.

As do I, but I refuse to invest further until they have shown us what we can expect from Community Warfare. When is not even important; WHAT it is is important. Is it World of Tanks Clan Wars with Legs? Or is it going to be actually fun and lore-friendly?

#45 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:53 AM

View PostButane9000, on 09 July 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

I have to be honest. I'd be more interested if the Victor was the ballistic heavy assault it was supposed to be instead of being a watered down Highlander.

Virtually every Victor has had only one Ballastic weapon usually an AC/20 or Gauss. Not sure how that is makes a Victor SUPPOSED to be a ballastic heavy assault. In fact between the TROs and Sarna I can't find one Victor that has more than a single AC or Gauss so your either misinformed or thinking of another mech.

View PostKraven Kor, on 09 July 2013 - 08:52 AM, said:

The sale would go much better for them if we had SOMETHING, ANYTHING on what CW is going to be.

"What am I buying, PGI?"

Show Me!

As do I, but I refuse to invest further until they have shown us what we can expect from Community Warfare. When is not even important; WHAT it is is important. Is it World of Tanks Clan Wars with Legs? Or is it going to be actually fun and lore-friendly?

I am not saying it isn't important, but not everyone is interested in Community Warfare. Personally I am more interested in Faction Warfare where a PUGer like me can take part and maybe gets some bonuses if my faction is doing well.

Edited by Viktor Drake, 09 July 2013 - 08:56 AM.

#46 Elspath

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 187 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:55 AM

I think this is underhanded and a very pay to win movie on pgis part. I was saving up money to buy the phoenix pack but if this is the way the game is going why bother? if you cant release the mechs for everyone then dont release them at all. Stop this greedy movement or im just going to start calling you all EA. But if this is the kind of tactics your going to play agained those people testing your game thats in "BETA" then i bet you want nothing more then to be EA.

#47 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:56 AM

ditto! don't ever recall a dual AC20 or gauss capable Victor.

#48 CGB Behemoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 418 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation

First of all i want to see that patch. If there will only be Victors sell, then i'll not pay even for prem this month. Show me you doing something except sell's PGI!

#49 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

View PostElspath, on 09 July 2013 - 08:55 AM, said:

I think this is underhanded and a very pay to win movie on pgis part. I was saving up money to buy the phoenix pack but if this is the way the game is going why bother? if you cant release the mechs for everyone then dont release them at all. Stop this greedy movement or im just going to start calling you all EA. But if this is the kind of tactics your going to play agained those people testing your game thats in "BETA" then i bet you want nothing more then to be EA.

If this were EA, the pre-order Victor would be Gold Plated, and deal +25% damage while also causing rival players without the Victor to immediately explode when you looked at them.

Trust me, this is not pay to win.

#50 Justy Starflare

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Is the bonus permanent or for just the week?

#51 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:57 AM

View Post3Xtr3m3, on 09 July 2013 - 08:30 AM, said:

Players divided, Those buying Victors, and those who think, "Hmmm. What do I have in my Mechbay for HUNTING Victors?"

Highlanders, Stalkers, and Atlai.

#52 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

View PostBelorion, on 09 July 2013 - 08:45 AM, said:

If people want to pay for early access to a chassis then more power to em. Be glad someone is contributing to the games future.

And what exactly "IS" that future going to be..??? Please continue with your conjecture on exactly what you think is going to happen, and exactly when you think it will happen. There are plenty of people that would throw down cash for something other than yet unfulfilled promises, and or as of yet unreleased content. A lot of people just waiting to spend money on something other than un-ending matches of meaningless deathmatch with a cap or two thrown in for effect.

Break out that crystal ball, brah....

#53 Elspath

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 187 posts
  • LocationSeattle

if you can buy something that gives you a edge (even if its flawed and might not work like some victors are) then its payed to win. Look it up

#54 Dashiell Hammett

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

View PostNoonan, on 09 July 2013 - 08:37 AM, said:

It does not matter if it is P2W, If it alienates the players and makes the long term supporters of the game leave, the game will inevitably fail.

I think I see your problem: You use the word players when you mean to use the word Me. Put me in your statement and it reads better.

#55 Vasces Diablo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • LocationOmaha,NE

View PostKraven Kor, on 09 July 2013 - 08:52 AM, said:

"What am I buying, PGI?"

Show Me!

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely want CW info. When I say "I like this" I don't mean releasing the Victor specifically, just this method of releasing the mech early at an MC only price. I hope they release all future mechs this way. I'll never buy one, but some people will and that equals cash flow for the game in a non P2W way. As someone above put it, buying reg chassis for MC has always been a terrible deal (it's convince, nothing more and the MC would be better spent on premium time), at least this way you are getting some early access with that MC.

#56 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

View PostElspath, on 09 July 2013 - 08:57 AM, said:

if you can buy something that gives you a edge (even if its flawed and might not work like some victors are) then its payed to win. Look it up

How is the Victor Pay to Win? What does it do that other mechs can? How can I solo them in my Cataphract without Jump Jets?

#57 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Seems like a good and fair marketing strategy to me.

#58 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:00 AM

View PostJusty Starflare, on 09 July 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

Is the bonus permanent or for just the week?

There is no bounus

View PostElspath, on 09 July 2013 - 08:55 AM, said:

I honestly don't get it. What about this is pay to win. They are standard variants, that everyone will have access to next week. They carry no bonus and no special configurations.

#59 BookWyrm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Menig Første Klasse
  • Menig Første Klasse
  • 365 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:01 AM

Are people really calling this Pay to win? Funny. Just wait a week for the people with disposable income to pay your way so you that you can enjoy your gaming welfare, and stop whining.

#60 Doktor Kloetenstein

• PipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:02 AM

View PostJohanssenJr, on 09 July 2013 - 08:48 AM, said:

I think you're on an island here.

The majority won't be bothered by this. Why? Well, someone with more money than time is spending money keeping our beloved IP alive.

That's the reason I buy Hero Mechs. Narrowing the time needed for gaining c-bills. Standard Mechs not being Champion however I find way too expensive.

And what's the difference between this and Founder's or the Project Phoenix packages?

Probably the fact that the Victor could have been released completely free today anyway. This is a pure feed on human impatience as many if not most humans are. Clever marketing though and perfectly legal. It might backfire however if stretched too far using it too often while at the same time delaying improving game content like more maps and game modes.

Another 0.02 from me...

Have fun!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users