#41 Ragnar Darkmane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 459 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:29 PM

View Postkesuga7, on 09 July 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

thats the same thing with the current ac 40 jaggers though :( - splatkat (well same principle at least as in their vulnerabilities )
Limited range (ballistic to missile yes)

You do realize that 2 AC 20s still deal 20 damage at 600m (!!)? That means they rip anything to shreds within seconds in close combat and still have more firepower than 2 normal PPCs at 600m (20 damage vs 18 damage because of 580m optimal range of PPCs).

low armoured

Something is seriously wrong if people consider a Heavy mech with fully armored torso (that's 90% of the AC 40 Jagers even though they have XL) as low armored or glass cannon. That shows what's wrong with a non-weight-matchmaking meta.

Edited by Ragnar Darkmane, 09 July 2013 - 02:29 PM.

#42 IceSerpent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

View PostPEEFsmash, on 09 July 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

That's because it wasn't happening to that extent to Atlases. It was happening primarily to mechs with more compact geometry, like Commandos. Atlases actually had a bug where SRMs would do far less damage than they should to Atlas legs.

View PostDexion, on 09 July 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

The number he is quoting did not apply to all mech's equally (or even to every missile in a single salvo equally). Atlas, with large/simple hitbox's were actually effected the least... Compact mechs with complex hitbox's were effected the most (which is why it took so long for the problem to be discovered).

So, you guys are saying that a Commando that has at most 48 hp on its front CT (that's absolute max., with ZERO armor on the rear) somehow suffered from extra damage, despite that fact that normal 90 pt alpha is more than enough to insta-kill it? Why not go all the way and claim that those splat cats did over 9000 damage per alpha strike then? At least it would be slightly funny.

#43 PEEFsmash

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:17 PM

View PostRagnar Darkmane, on 09 July 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

Something is seriously wrong if people consider a Heavy mech with fully armored torso (that's 90% of the AC 40 Jagers even though they have XL) as low armored or glass cannon. That shows what's wrong with a non-weight-matchmaking meta.

http://www.twitch.tv...smash/c/2529506

View PostIceSerpent, on 09 July 2013 - 02:57 PM, said:

So, you guys are saying that a Commando that has at most 48 hp on its front CT (that's absolute max., with ZERO armor on the rear) somehow suffered from extra damage, despite that fact that normal 90 pt alpha is more than enough to insta-kill it? Why not go all the way and claim that those splat cats did over 9000 damage per alpha strike then? At least it would be slightly funny.

...the whole point is that you didn't need a 90 point alpha to kill a commando. You could actually kill a commando with A SINGLE (perfectly placed) SRM6.

Edited by PEEFsmash, 09 July 2013 - 03:18 PM.

#44 IceSerpent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:27 PM

View PostPEEFsmash, on 09 July 2013 - 03:17 PM, said:

...the whole point is that you didn't need a 90 point alpha to kill a commando. You could actually kill a commando with A SINGLE (perfectly placed) SRM6.

My point is that SRMs were in just the right spot with 2.5 dmg and old trajectory. With the new trajectory that spreads damage all over the target, I am not entirely sure if 2.5 dmg is going to be enough. On the other hand, I am absolutely sure that bumping damage to less than 2.5 (i.e. suggestions to set it to 2.0 or 1.7 that are floating around) won't change anything as far as meta is concerned.

#45 PEEFsmash

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:33 PM

View PostIceSerpent, on 09 July 2013 - 03:27 PM, said:

My point is that SRMs were in just the right spot with 2.5 dmg and old trajectory. With the new trajectory that spreads damage all over the target, I am not entirely sure if 2.5 dmg is going to be enough. On the other hand, I am absolutely sure that bumping damage to less than 2.5 (i.e. suggestions to set it to 2.0 or 1.7 that are floating around) won't change anything as far as meta is concerned.

I agree with you.

#46 SmoothCriminal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 815 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

View PostPEEFsmash, on 09 July 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

I agree with you.

I'd like to see a temporary fix at 2, then we will see just how effective they are. If theyre still crap the damage can always be raised. The 1.5 current is laughable, I always giggle when someone unleashes a salvo.

Let's also not forget that splat cats will be useless at killing lights/meds at speed, even with "HSR".

#47 Dr B00t

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 496 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

try using the search function on forums...instead of making like the 20th thread about this same issue

#48 Dr B00t

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 496 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

You do realize that 2 AC 20s still deal 20 damage at 600m (!!)? That means they rip anything to shreds within seconds in close combat and still have more firepower than 2 normal PPCs at 600m (20 damage vs 18 damage because of 580m optimal range of PPCs).

i think its funny how you just fail to mention the huge crit space requirements of an ac20 not to mention all the ammo slots and risk of ammo explosion...oh and its pretty easy to knock out an ac20...oh yeah...and the HUGE weight requirements...

name one mech that you can put two ac/20's on one arm...now how many mechs can u put 2 ppc's into one slot?

#49 kesuga7

• 1,022 posts
  • LocationSegmentum solar - Sector solar - Subsector sol - Hive world - "Holy terra"

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:39 PM

yea even i fit does have a xl engine thats still some high points of armour between you and that ac 40 (ac 20 if it has a standard engine)

but what problem would a splatkat with 72 aplha damage have in taking down some lights with mediums/heavies :(

@dr boot i honestly never remember killing a jagger mech by ammo explosion and even then i don't crit TOO many ac 20's even when armor is exposed
just what iv experienced

Edited by kesuga7, 09 July 2013 - 04:41 PM.

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users