Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:42 AM

The year is 3050.

It has been 2 years since the ComStar Explorer Corps vessel Outbound Light located the remnants of Kerensky's Exodus Fleet, drifting in a cold and decaying orbit around a small planet located at X: -113.04 Y: 1595.18 Although ComStar, as you would expect, tried to keep this a secret (imagine the power they could evoke from such a massive War Fleet)... they were unable to stop The Spread.

The moment Precentor Dupont and his crew returned to debrief the rest of Our Holy Order with what they had found, they doomed us all. As we all know, Comstar Agents like to get around. And when they are infected with a contagious virus... the virus gets around, too.

The Year is 3050.

All former Terran Hegemony planets are over-run and uninhabitable. It seems to be spreading outward from there, however it now looks like every Capital planet's initial exposures are maturing to the infective state. it takes a month or so for symptoms to surface, but when they do it's sudden and catastrophic. Basically, anywhere that ComStar has a strong presence is becoming a Zombie Infested Wasteland. You wanna mercenary contract? Too bad, since the MRB was run by ComStar the planet of OutReach has served as one of the most effective dispersal points of this plague, sending infected Mercenaries out to wherever the Big Money cash is... or, well.. was.

So: trade routes are in tatters; you're the last Combat Operative of your Mercenary Band since you dusted-off before the rest of your Lance could bring those ******* spores back with them. WTF made them think it'd be a good idea to pillage a *perfectly intact* abandoned convoy, those stupid *****. Who the heck abandons a perfect convoy, on foot, in the desert? You think they all just decided to stretch their legs...? Our Salvage Lance moved in and, GUESS WHAT?! there were bodies, but no sign of weapons fire. ******* geniuses, they thought this would be "ripe for the picking." Sheesh... more like rife with infection. Twits.

Anyways... Your Technicians are still with you, though, and you have full access to your MechLab. In fact, since you popped that unarmed transport carrier last month, you now have a good stash of Infantry Bays and Cargo Bays that you can mount on your MW:O Mech, too.

RULES

- All Mechs and Weapons much be chosen from the MW:O MechLab.

- You may freely use ECM (yes), BAP, DHS, ES, FFA, or Artemis

- You may equip one or more Infantry Bays or Infantry Compartments listed here (but no Battle Armor bays)

- You may mount a Lift Hoist

- Infantry Bays/Compartments can hold some personal/merchant cargo (tons) along with the accommodations they provide: Foot Inf. (0.5 tons), Jump (0.75 tons), Motorized (1 ton), Mechanized (1.5 tons)

- Cargo Bays Rules: they use 1 slot/ton of capacity, and weigh HALF as much as they can carry, when empty.

- You may equip a reusable UAV for 0.5 ton/1 slot (I said reusable, not respawning, so try not to break it)

- You may equip 1/2 tons of ammo but they still use 1 full slot

- Be honest about whether or not you have enough free slots to add equipment that's not in the MW:O client MechLab such as Infantry Bays, etc.

So... do you make something designed purely for marauding and pillaging the helpless? Are you going to try and band together with another Merc group? Are you going to build a Survival Mech with personal housing and emergency supplies, or are you going to try and keep yourself tied to others in a cooperative setting?

Edited by Prosperity Park, 09 July 2013 - 04:10 PM.

#2 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

The Handyback
  • Hunchback-4P
  • Standard Internal Structure
  • 303 pts Standard Armor
  • 12 Double Heatsinks
  • Full-Sized Jump Infantry Bay
Head: 1ML

CT: Std 200, Guardian ECM

RT: ERPPC, 2ML, 2 DHS

RA: none

LT: Jump Infantry Bay, 2 DHS

LA: Flamer

RL: none

LL: Beagle Active Probe

I built this for a few reasons:

1.) Ammo independence,

2.) Standard Armor, Engine and Structure is easy to repair using lesser Tech. Losing my DHS would be a pretty bad deal, though, and would need to stockpile them.

3.) Jump Infantry Bay is big enough to make into a nice apartment with some storage capacity... with Jump Jet packs. I always wanted one, and I would make sure that my JJBay came with at least a few.

4.) Electronics are gonna help keep me and anyone else I'm with alive and intact.

5.) The all-aroundness will let me work alone for extended periods of time before having to resupply, but also to accommodate large numbers of other people to come along with me.

6.) Hand Actuators! You can build and grab, and carry stuff with those ;-)

7.) Would make a good vehicle for negotiations/meetings due to it's electronics, durability, and large Apartment Suite.

8.) An ERPPC is always good to have, and 3ML is a good backupfor engaging vehicles. The arm-mounted Flamer is a nice touch for engaging foot personnel... or zombies if I were dumb enough to get close to them.

CONS:

1.) Not much cargo capacity, I would need help in that regard.

2.) DHS. I would need to buy-up as many as I could.

3.) The electronics would be hard to repair... but the point is to not lose them in the first place, eh?

Edited by Prosperity Park, 09 July 2013 - 04:11 PM.

#3 Pawn Couch

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 135 posts
  • LocationI come from a land down under

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:35 AM

Cataphract CTF-3D

-Endo-steel
-Standard Armour 432 pts
-12 STD Heatsinks
-4/4 Jump Jets
-Infantry Bay

Head:N/a

CT: STD 275

RT: 1x Machine Gun, 1x MED Laser + 6T MG Ammo + CASE

RA: 1x Machine Gun, 1x MED Laser

LT: LRG Laser, Cargo Bay

LA: LRG Laser, 3 STD HS

LL: 2x JJ Class 3

RL: 2x JJ Class 3

Pros: Cheap and common ammo, Reliable W/o ammo, Mobility due to JJs, Infantry bay for living and cargo, Mostly cheap equipment.

Cons: Slow, Cant think of anything else

<a href="http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=40&l=5298cc7082a7da8b519375937205b4cd9a1803ab">CTF-WRZ</a>
Heatsinks in LT represent infantry bay. (Probably got the tonnage wrong for the bay)

Edited by KING PINEAPYULA, 10 July 2013 - 02:02 PM.

#4 3Xtr3m3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 717 posts
  • LocationOn Your Six

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:51 AM

dafuq....

Edited by 3Xtr3m3, 10 July 2013 - 03:53 AM.

#5 Nathan Foxbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:07 AM

View PostKING PINEAPYULA, on 10 July 2013 - 12:35 AM, said:

Cataphract CTF-3D

-Endo-steel
-Standard Armour 432 pts
-12 STD Heatsinks
-4/4 Jump Jets
-Infantry Bay

Head:N/a

CT: STD 275

RT: 1x Machine Gun, 1x MED Laser + 6T MG Ammo

RA: 1x Machine Gun, 1x MED Laser

LT: LRG Laser, Cargo Bay

LA: LRG Laser, 3 STD HS

LL: 2x JJ Class 3

RL: 2x JJ Class 3

Pros: Cheap and common ammo, Reliable W/o ammo, Mobility due to JJs, Infantry bay for living and cargo, Mostly cheap equipment.

Cons: Slow, Cant think of anything else

Posted Image

This space reserved for my design.... When I can actually make a decision.

#6 Pawn Couch

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 135 posts
  • LocationI come from a land down under

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:03 PM

View PostNathan Foxbane, on 10 July 2013 - 09:07 AM, said:

It has case on smurfy just forgot to put it on here. I fixed it.

Edited by KING PINEAPYULA, 10 July 2013 - 02:04 PM.

#7 Zarlaren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationRoseburg

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:38 PM

For this mission I'd choose my Victor 9S. Victors are very versitle and viable and is getting to be my favorite mech. I can see any Victor variant being victorious in a zombie infected area if done right in loadouts. Though i'm not sure how many zombies it would take to bring down a Victor if caught in a horde but if your aware maby no crowds will sneak up on you.

Some possible Victor 9S builds that could help.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c8e468ae752b9da
XL360
AC20
2 -mL
2-SRM6
1-SRM4
3T SRM Ammo
3T AC20 Ammo
15 DHS, 3JJ, Endo
----
No Endo:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d963d06a9412917
XL340
AC20
2 -mL
2-SRM6
1-SRM4
2T SRM Ammo
3T AC20 Ammo
15DHS, 3JJ
----
2x UAC/5 - 5 ton of ammo
3x SRM4 - 2 ton of ammo
2x ML
4x JJ
480/494 Armour
XL 340 - 68.8kph or 75.7 with speed tweak.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...655635f3e3598be

(Builds are of other Victors these were examples of the loadouts i'd use for mine.)

And I would use for survival housing and this house would have a bit of a punch in killing zombies if you want to use housing terms.

Pluses: Heavy hitting gun/s and missles packs alot of power. Fast for a Assault mech, Has JJ's, Versitile,Viable Striker mech.

Cons: Ammo dependant, Only has left hand for hand actuators can't do much in terms of building things. Only 2 energy hardpoints for 9S to fill in 2 MLs, Low armor, Low ammo capacity.

Edited by Zarla, 23 November 2013 - 08:32 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users