12V12 Public Test Live Tomorrow (11Th Of July)!

392 replies to this topic

#381 Mr Blonde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 175 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:39 AM

I dunno, my cheeseball Stalker with 4 ALRM 20's is pretty effective (by KD ratio). You do need to really boat it out to make em effective though. Otherwise they are what they should be, a skirmishimg weapon, to soften up the armor a bit.

#382 Tezcatli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:59 PM

Well I guess I'll just wait for whenever it gets released on live. Since I can't get that patcher to work. ;o

#383 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

For some reasons those servers are up right now.
You can login and see friends who are online/chat with them, search games but missing probably 23 other players so it doesn't find a match.

#384 Damon Howe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

What happens when drunken space vikings and overly energetic talking pastel equines join a public test of 12v12 on MWO?

Well, just watch our vids: Featuring the Skjaldborg - Shieldwall of Rasalhague and Eridani Light Ponies.

Vid 2 is the full fight:

Edited by Damon Howe, 13 July 2013 - 06:47 PM.

#385 Xx Albain xX

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 63 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:31 AM

View PostTennex, on 10 July 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

its cool that they have the test servers up for future stuff. But personally i don't think 12 vs 12 iself is that interesting.

No one wants this, just adds more chaos, more latency, takes skill away from really good pilots as there will just be WAY too many mechs on these small maps.

8 v 8 felt perfect, 12 v 12 is just a money decision as your servers can handles 24 at a time, which means servers working at max cappacity..

#386 Teralitha

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:41 AM

View PostCaswallon, on 10 July 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

Wow can't wait to see what happens to those poor test servers when 144 PPC's (or AC20's or Gaussers) all fire at once! That'll give your servers some heavy load testing!!

Why does it have to be ppc, why not 1440 small lasers and machine guns?

#387 DragonsFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 655 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:41 AM

View PostXx Albain xX, on 14 July 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

No one wants this, just adds more chaos, more latency, takes skill away from really good pilots as there will just be WAY too many mechs on these small maps.

8 v 8 felt perfect, 12 v 12 is just a money decision as your servers can handles 24 at a time, which means servers working at max cappacity..

A statement of 'you' don't want this is far more appropriate than saying 'no one', as I know quite a few people who do indeed want this, and thoroughly enjoyed it, myself included.

As to the chaos statement, this is supposed to be a battlefield, complete with all of the chaotic trimmings of one. And skill was hardly removed with the addition of more mechs, if anything it was thrust into the fore as it required you to skillfully work with your teammates to outmaneuver the opponents. I played in a number of rounds where we successfully put on a tide turning medium mech flank that helped to roll up the other team.

#388 Teralitha

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:46 AM

View PostDamon Howe, on 13 July 2013 - 06:48 PM, said:

What happens when drunken space vikings and overly energetic talking pastel equines join a public test of 12v12 on MWO?

Well, just watch our vids: Featuring the Skjaldborg - Shieldwall of Rasalhague and Eridani Light Ponies.

Vid 2 is the full fight:

Now add in knockdowns.....

#389 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:11 AM

Actually, once people adjust they will find 12 v 12 much more tactically oriented.

#390 Shakespeare

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 429 posts
  • LocationGainesville, FL USA

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:50 PM

View PostTeralitha, on 14 July 2013 - 07:41 AM, said:

Why does it have to be ppc, why not 1440 small lasers and machine guns?

oh...I think we know why.

#391 ThermidorFallen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 224 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:56 AM

View PostShakespeare, on 14 July 2013 - 02:50 PM, said:

oh...I think we know why.

Cause small lasers are so bad-*** no-one can handle them!

#392 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:53 AM

View PostXx Albain xX, on 14 July 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

View PostDragonsFire, on 14 July 2013 - 07:41 AM, said:

A statement of 'you' don't want this is far more appropriate than saying 'no one', as I know quite a few people who do indeed want this, and thoroughly enjoyed it, myself included.

As to the chaos statement, this is supposed to be a battlefield, complete with all of the chaotic trimmings of one. And skill was hardly removed with the addition of more mechs, if anything it was thrust into the fore as it required you to skillfully work with your teammates to outmaneuver the opponents. I played in a number of rounds where we successfully put on a tide turning medium mech flank that helped to roll up the other team.

Can't believe some people assume everyone agrees with them (top poster)..I do want it and also didn't experience any issues except maybe a 5 FPS drop which still very playable...

#393 Reod Daie

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 75 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:37 AM

Yeah, but it sucks that it doesn't use the latest version of your profile,not does anything you do in the public trial carry over to your account. Pity, that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users