46 replies to this topic

#21 RF Greywolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 543 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

Wow PP, you really have thought these out haven't you! At least we see where his time goes now. :)

#22 Stalephreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 295 posts
  • LocationStillwater, OK

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:13 AM

I happen to like this thread, and honestly I find it therapeutic. There's far worse things that PGI could do than get corporate backers. Hear me out. I grouse and moan about the bad programming quite a bit, but a large corporation could hire a decent headhunter for these guys to find more efficient programmers. (For my case and point, my version of IE doesn't let me create new lines on the forums, so ya'll get the text dump.) ALSO (capped to catch the eye, not to yell) We actually have in-game ads. NVidia Dawn ring a bell? The PC Gamer skin? So bring on the Burger King Flame Broiler brand flamer (extra heating power to get the nice grill marks without overcooking the middle of the burger I mean pilot.)

#23 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

• Subaru Module - transfers power from the Actuators that slip to the Actuators that grip, resulting in +35% Acceleration and +50% Deceleration
  • "We Build Mazdas" - Mech Build-Off competition hosted on the Mazda website, using a simulated MechLab interface. Winner gets some kind of prize and their Mech is chosen as a featured "Bannerman Mech" that provides a 10% C-Bill Boost and a 5% Loyalty Boost, and is available for MC-only (all variants of this type will have the "-Mzda" suffix).

Edited by Prosperity Park, 15 July 2013 - 12:24 PM.

#24 Jukebox1986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 666 posts
  • LocationGermany, Niedersachsen, Göttingen

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:11 PM

• Windows BAP One - Watches everyone playing, resulting in a 50% enhanced Sensor-range, but watches you inside the cockpit, too. Charges a Fee for every Mech, Weapon, Module or cosmetic Item you like to play with.

Edited by Janus Wealth, 15 July 2013 - 01:12 PM.

#25 Ramien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • LocationToledo

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

I can't believe I forgot about this - and it's already in Battletech!
  • BRAND EVERYTHING!: Everything is branded - engines by Nissan (Just like in the game), Ford, GM, Rolls Royce, Ferrari; Autocannons and lasers can be made by firearms companies - nobody wants to get hit by a Colt "New Peacemaker" AC/20! Have Tire/shock asbsorber manufacturers sponsor the foot assemblies in the critical spaces...

#26 Stalephreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 295 posts
  • LocationStillwater, OK

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:32 PM

Bell Neurohelmets: Nuff said.

#27 Ghost Rider LSOV

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 272 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:53 AM

Nokia SRMs shouldn't explode, they should stay half-embedded in whatever they hit. :D

Edited by Ghost Rider LSOV, 16 July 2013 - 02:54 AM.

#28 cmdr_scotty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 118 posts
  • LocationOutreach Mech hanger B-201, Bay 15A

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:25 AM

• Microsoft Windows 3050: Cockpit systems now run on microsoft. Will randomly prompt you to verify your installation is genuine and auto install updates that may or may not need a system restart at the worst possible time. Will also cause your system to bluescreen when you least expect it too.
  • Nvidia PhysX Gyros: Advanced gyros that prevent you from falling over, even when you run headfirst into that pesky Atlas who was standing in the open. Possible unrealistic physics may occur resulting in "WTF??" moments as well as mass hilarity.

#29 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:36 AM

More posts were removed from this thread recently.

Please be advised that Users are encouraged to review the forum subsection they are posting in before posting.
*hint hint*

Anyways, back to business.
  • ADT Base Security - When your base is under attack, you can activate your ADT Base Security suite and use your in-cockpit monitors to view remote cameras to see who's inside your base, as well as turn lights on/off and adjust your air conditioning.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 16 July 2013 - 09:42 AM.

#30 AceTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:48 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 16 July 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

More posts were removed from this thread recently.

Please be advised that Users are encouraged to review the forum subsection they are posting in before posting.
*hint hint*

Anyways, back to business.
  • ADT Base Security - When your base is under attack, you can activate your ADT Base Security suite and use your in-cockpit monitors to view remote cameras to see who's inside your base, as well as turn lights on/off and adjust your air conditioning.

Actually PP you might just hit Gold with that one... Free Install I assume with multiple purchases? = P

#31 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:49 PM

View PostAceTimberwolf, on 16 July 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

Actually PP you might just hit Gold with that one... Free Install I assume with multiple purchases? = P

I think you should have access to more Base-Defense functions if you have a higher-tier of ADT home service; if you have a basic package with ADT then you get a textchat-message with the Mech Chassis and variant that's on your base, but if you have a better home package, then you'll get an in-cockpit monitor and a full health readout of the enemy cappers.

Anyways, on to other genius ideas:
  • Red Bull Challenge - A simple Poptarting Tournament in the Solo Queue, where only damage/kills/assists that are scored from shots that were fired while airborne would count toward your tournament score.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 16 July 2013 - 12:50 PM.

#32 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:39 PM

• Revenue Pipeline - Sell advertising to the major Oil Companies by putting their logos on the pipes that run though Caustic Valley
  • "Heat-Activated" - Pilots that overheat into a forced shutdown are briefly presented with an advert for Degree Invisible Solid™ deodorant that's heat-activated so it works when you do.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 16 July 2013 - 07:39 PM.

#33 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

imho I think this is a great idea if customers would accept it.

#34 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:11 AM

Having trouble with your Light mech pilots? Spiders jumping up the walls? Jenners moving at light speed?

Try our new Ritalin Module and you wont be having any squirrel troubles any more.

#35 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:12 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 12 July 2013 - 02:51 PM, said:

Okay, I know how to help.
  • "Have a Coke!" - After a user experiences more then 2 losses in-a-row, the next time they are sent to MechLab they are presented with a virtual Coke by a smiling Polar Bear. I know there is little chance of this getting by certain elements of PGI, but [as an unbiased party on the issue] I still think the idea has merit.

also:
  • Peak™ coolant flush - an upgrade to the 9x9 coolant flush Pilot Tree Skill, the Peak coolant flush is only unlockable via a promotional code found on the Peak website. The function would be only slightly different from a normal 9x9, (let's say it flushes 50% faster). You cannot charge MC for this upgrade, as it would violate one of the game's design pillars (When you Peak, you Win; you can't charge cash for that).

Why do you make fun of earnest things all the time especially when not appropriate, Mr. Park ?
Tsk tsk tsk ...

-BTT

*"Awaken! by RedBull"
    A friendly hand reaches out of any display and boinks a cold, tasty can of Red Bull into the forehead of the user to appraise him of special situations that afford all of his wit, nerves,vitality and gaming-oriented delicacy.

#36 3Xtr3m3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 717 posts
  • LocationOn Your Six

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:17 AM

If I see Mechs running around with Nike, ReeBok, Addidas, etc, I am blaming you prosp.
Other than that, funny stuff.
Maybe Corporate sponsorship of teams though.
Merc Corp. X sponsored by UPS.
"What Can Brown Do For You."

#37 3Xtr3m3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 717 posts
  • LocationOn Your Six

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:21 AM

JJs built by Boeing

"Boeing,Boeing,Boeing"

#38 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:19 AM

View Post3Xtr3m3, on 17 July 2013 - 04:17 AM, said:

If I see Mechs running around with Nike, ReeBok, Addidas, etc, I am blaming you prosp.
Other than that, funny stuff.
Maybe Corporate sponsorship of teams though.
Merc Corp. X sponsored by UPS.
"What Can Brown Do For You."

View Post3Xtr3m3, on 17 July 2013 - 04:21 AM, said:

JJs built by Boeing

"Boeing,Boeing,Boeing"

Dude, I was totally going to make a Boeing-Sponsored JJ theme... like, JJ's that weigh 25% less because they are made from Carbon Fiber instead of traditional materials... but they would come with a chance of your Mech's on-board batteries catching on fire and I think the playerbase would not be happy with that.

And, for shoes, I think a BattleTech franchise should be sponsored by British Knights, ya know, to be period-correct.
  • Mech Shoes - Shoes can be purchased from the Consumables Menu that last for 1 match and provide a small boost to one or more aspects of Mech mobility depending on what brand (Nike Basketball shoes can offer stop-on-a-dime deceleration, Reebok running shoes can provide a higher acceleration, New Balance cross-trainers will reduce the slope-movement penalty, and BK's give you +5% Loyalty points for that mission because anyone still wearing BKs deserves a loyalty reward.)

Edited by Prosperity Park, 17 July 2013 - 09:20 AM.

#39 joedawg39s

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 239 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:55 AM

every time you are stuck shutdown for overheating.

Not going anywhere for a while? Grab a Snickers !

#40 Majorfatboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 623 posts
  • LocationBound and gagged on The Island

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:20 PM

Rubber anti-narc beacon coating for your mech....... Sponsered by Trojan.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users