Gameplay - Heat Scale Addition

461 replies to this topic

#461 Wraith511802003

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:20 AM

View PostY2kHippy, on 29 July 2013 - 07:09 AM, said:

I am not reading 23 pages or commenting on other players post.

I can only post my opinion from my perspective taken from games played since the patch.

The instances of 4 PPC stalkers have not reduced as they instantly changed their builds to 2PPC + 2ERPPC if they were not previously. I have see only 2 4xPPC builds though several 6xPPC builds since the patch. The 6PPC stalkers are used for snipers that will take one single alpha strike shot and then move back under cover until cooled down so the meta will not change with this%

DON'T worry kitten, Pappa will swing the nerf bat to appease your game style. ALienating those who choose to play a support role with any mech they deem viable. THis is about choices. not about diversity.. that **** ruins real life now it is ruing a game.

#462 Tombstoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

1- Drop the use of heat capacity. use TT rules the mech lab is built around
2- Reset weapon stats to TT
3- Divide heat and damage values to scale with desired fire rate
1 ppc - 2.5 heat/damage 4 times in 10 seconds.
4- set dissipation time to 30 seconds.
1 ppc would be .83 damage/heat and fire 12 times in 30 seconds
5- use and display accumulated heat
Recalculate and display new accumulated heat for a new 30 second time period every time more heat is added. Add more heat and suffer the penalties till the heat is dissipated.
Heat is dissipated every second so heat dissipation for 20 double heat sinks is 1.33 /sec or 5.32 every 4 seconds.
6- add in accumulated heat based penalties for movement

If a player wants to build and use a 6 ppc with 20 true double heat sinks then why stop them. The game has a cost function and it’s in terms of tonnage with heat penalties. 20 tones can only buy you so much but speed is cheap and 100 gets the best. With a premium for speed. Armor is the same for all mech but I think it should scale by mech volume.

Using the above example if the mech fired each ppc 12 times in 30 seconds it would generate 60 heat for 60 damage, it could dissipate only 40 leaving 20 and be moving very slowly. In fact the speed that its moving at may hinder left and right targeting if tuned right. If the mech did nothing it would take 15 seconds to dissipate all that heat. That is if heat levels are not adjusted upwards. Not a trivial amount of time as it is in mwo I can wait 6 seconds to continue.

What if i had 6 erppcs it would generate 15 heat each in 30 seconds for 90 heat but dissipate 40 leaving 50 and an auto shut down.
I could fire the ppcs for 15.5 seconds continuously till I generated 29 accumulated heat. Then dissipate that heat in 21.8 seconds. If I continued firing I would auto shut down, But have to wait for 22 seconds to be at zero for another 15.5 seconds of fire.

Other weapons just need to be scaled to a reference weapon for damage and heat for a bundled mass equivalent of larger weapons. I recommend the ppc.

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users