Gauss Rifle And Ac2 - Undocumented Heat Increase

19 replies to this topic

#1 TostitoBandito

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:52 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...eapon_ballistic

Gauss Rifle has a 3 heat penalty for firing ONE or more. AC2 has a 1 heat penalty for firing 4 or more.

The heat of a gauss rifle shot is effectively 4 now, instead of 1, a 400% increase.

#2 TostitoBandito

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:02 PM

View Postdaemur, on 16 July 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

These weapons do not have heat penalties. If you are seeing an issue please submit a ticket, but guass and AC2 should suffer no additional heat.

daemur

Are you sure about that? The values on smurfy are pulled directly from the game files and it got the values for all the other weapons right.

#3 GingerBang

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationThe Airport Hilton

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:03 PM

These weapons do not have heat penalties. If you are seeing an issue please submit a ticket, but guass and AC2 should suffer no additional heat.

daemur

SHOULD being the key word there mate.

#4 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:14 PM

daemur

i have a video to show some strange behavior. heat jumps from 20-40% when stream firing. and steady the rest of the way

Strange jump occurs at 0.8 seconds. and i repeat it after that, it occurs consistently every time.
i apologize for the display format

Edited by Tennex, 16 July 2013 - 01:20 PM.

#5 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:35 PM

That son, err, IGP/PGI... is what we call 'round here a bug.

#6 Oderint dum Metuant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:38 PM

View Postdaemur, on 16 July 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:

Looking at the xml is one thing and seeing the values in game is another. Again, these weapons do not have heat penalties currently. If you are experiencing an issue please try to get a video and submit a ticket.

I just checked again in a match and saw no heat penalty.

daemur

If the XML files are denoting 1 heat, plus a 3 heat penalty....then that is what it is in game...else where does the game draw it's weapon data from? if not from the file detailing the numbers...

#7 TostitoBandito

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:44 PM

View Postdaemur, on 16 July 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

The data used in match is not local ;).

Then why is the local XML data different than what is being used server-side? Why would those parameters be in the XML for those weapons in the first place if no changes were intended for them? I understand it isn't what is being used by the servers, but it seems pretty sloppy to have them out of sync.

Edited by TostitoBandito, 16 July 2013 - 01:45 PM.

#8 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

View PostTennex, on 16 July 2013 - 01:14 PM, said:

i have a video to show some strange behavior. heat jumps from 20-40% when stream firing. and steady the rest of the way

Strange jump occurs at 0.8 seconds. and i repeat it after that, it occurs consistently every time.
i apologize for the display format

I was going to make a video about this.

I can confirm its happening with 3x Ac/2 and with 4xAC2 macro fire.

Now with that said. I did a test.

River City

4x AC/2s Alpha strike till the mech overheated. 80 rounds fired.

4x AC/4 Macroed 72 rounds till mech overheated.

Of course this is where some people snarl;. "Macro fire gimped? GOOD!" Well the problem is I can replicate the error in the video without using macros.

Edited by Hexenhammer, 16 July 2013 - 01:58 PM.

#9 Krzysztof z Bagien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 710 posts
  • LocationUć, Poland

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:57 PM

View PostTostitoBandito, on 16 July 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

Then why is the local XML data different than what is being used server-side? Why would those parameters be in the XML for those weapons in the first place if no changes were intended for them? I understand it isn't what is being used by the servers, but it seems pretty sloppy to have them out of sync.

Well, you can actually change those values and it won't have any impact on the game. It used to be possible to alter weapon stats, even mechs hardpoints and tonnage in closed beta, but it was fixed and now game uses values from server.
With that being said - maybe those values in .xml are outdated and has been changed on the server, but not in the patch, because it seems that there is very small penalty for Gauss or no panalty at all in game.

Edit: I didn't test AC2 so I can't say anything about it.

Edited by Krzysztof z Bagien, 16 July 2013 - 01:59 PM.

#10 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:02 PM

View PostHexenhammer, on 16 July 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

I was going to make a video about this.

I can confirm its happening with 3x Ac/2 and with 4xAC2 macro fire.

Now with that said. I did a test.

River City

4x AC/2s Alpha strike till the mech overheated. 80 rounds fired.

4x AC/4 Macroed 72 rounds till mech overheated.

Of course this is where some people snarl;. "Macro fire gimped? GOOD!" Well the problem is I can replicate the error in the video without using macros.

yup i think people who cry about AC2 macro should know that there is a way to do it without the macro.

so it isn't exactly a macro problem.

as you'll notice the heat in the video goes up in lumps, because i cant time my fingers as well as a macro. but the stream fire is the exact same, you can mix it up and do 2 shots + 2 shots, or 3 shots +1 or whatever

Edited by Tennex, 16 July 2013 - 02:05 PM.

#11 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:06 PM

View PostTostitoBandito, on 16 July 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

purely to confuse you.

#12 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:11 PM

View Postdaemur, on 16 July 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

The data used in match is not local :).

Think I know now why half the times when I fire an ERPPC its doing like 2-3 damage. Apparently my game client connects to your server to ask how much damage it should do and server gives it a small laser damage table instead ... :)

#13 smurfynet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 403 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:01 AM

View Postdaemur, on 16 July 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:

Looking at the xml is one thing and seeing the values in game is another. Again, these weapons do not have heat penalties currently. If you are experiencing an issue please try to get a video and submit a ticket.

I just checked again in a match and saw no heat penalty.

daemur

Hi, thanks for the confirmation about the gauss and the ac/2.
the erll has also data in the xmls. so i guess they don't apply too?

Thanks
Phil

#14 JackAttack5

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:44 AM

Now that this seems to be the thread in which daemur and smurfy have the best chance of seeing this, here is my evidence of the bug.

Starting with 675 ammo I fired. At 91% heat I take a screenshot. The ammo left shows how much ammo it took to be fired to reach that heat.

Constantly alpha firing the three with them all bound to one key, it took 135 rounds. http://i.imgur.com/j4MWlWy.jpg

With each AC2 bound to a different key and triggered individually one after the other it took 45 rounds. One third as many shots to reach the same heat, at a lower fire rate. http://i.imgur.com/7IHP0KO.jpg

This is enough evidence for me, this is clearly bugged. I was using a similar AC2 set up before the patch and there was no heat increase, so this has definitely been introduced on the patch on the 16th. Hopefully it's at least acknowledged quickly and seen to in an upcoming patch, I don't want this to be a bug that sticks around for months just because it happens to be AC2s that are bugged and not everyone's beloved PPCs or SRMs.

#15 Edwyndham

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:02 AM

I've had this problem, and it's with stagger firing AC2s about 0.25 seconds apart from each other. If using 2 groups of 2, the 6th such salvo of 2 generates a ridiculous 20% heat, whereas a normal salvo should generate about 3%. If you stop and start again, the 6th salvo will again generate 20% heat. On Tourmaline, my 4x AC2 JM6-S overheats in about 8 seconds of continuous group fire of all 4 AC2. Using the above described method, I overheat in under 4 seconds.

I'm glad others have captured videos of it, but tbh you don't need to see a video because this condition is easily recreated in the game. It happens literally. every. time.

#16 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:59 AM

I tested my dual gauss K2 - no heat increase at all.

#17 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:00 PM

It is simply possible the Gauss "math" isn't working (if we go by the data)... but the AC2 data is a more serious issue and it's there judging from the reports.

#18 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

View PostDV McKenna, on 16 July 2013 - 01:38 PM, said:

If the XML files are denoting 1 heat, plus a 3 heat penalty....then that is what it is in game...else where does the game draw it's weapon data from? if not from the file detailing the numbers...

If that were true, you could edit those values and do zero heat with any weapon. just because its in a game file client side doesnt mean thats what actually happens on the servers. SHOULD be the same, but not always.

try putting 3 gauss on a phract and see if theres a noticable heat difference between that and firing a small pulse laser or something.

Edited by Asmosis, 18 July 2013 - 05:57 PM.

#19 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:03 AM

It's true that the game uses server values but at the same time it runs predictions using local values. You can set PPC heat to 0 or 1 in the local XML, and when you fire the heat gauge will lag, depending on your latency.

Why would the files on the server and the client be different? To cause errors and desync, obviously.

PS. Expl. Damage for LRM AMMO is still at 0.7 while LRM AMMO + ARTEMIS IV is at 1.8
STREAK SRM AMMO is at 2.5 while SRM AMMO is at 1.5

Try to explain that ;-)

#20 Kamelkaze

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 423 posts
  • LocationIm Cockpit seines Urbies!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:57 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...27#entry2562927

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users