Do You Like The New Boating Restriction System?

545 replies to this topic

Poll: Do You Like The New System (711 member(s) have cast votes)

Do You Like The New System

1. Yes (370 votes [52.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.04%

2. Voted No (341 votes [47.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.96%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Dino Might

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

This community is so antagonistic. Maybe part of the problem is that too many adults act like petulant children. I feel bad for paul and the other devs who have to wade through so much bs to have a hope of meaningful communication. Maybe if everyone was respectful and had meaningful posts then more of them would be listened to. We are even to the point of senselessly attacking each other now. Sad.

#22 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

Could one of you yes voters take a moment to explain how you feel it's helping the game?

#23 Donnie Silveray

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 321 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:20 PM

I haven't seen a single PPC Boat or Jagerbombs, plus I see an increase in brawling. I'd say the system works good as a deterrent for ridiculous builds thus far.

On the other hand I weep for the Awesome.

Edited by Donnie Silveray, 16 July 2013 - 03:20 PM.

#24 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

View PostDino Might, on 16 July 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

This community is so antagonistic. Maybe part of the problem is that too many adults act like petulant children. I feel bad for paul and the other devs who have to wade through so much bs to have a hope of meaningful communication. Maybe if everyone was respectful and had meaningful posts then more of them would be listened to. We are even to the point of senselessly attacking each other now. Sad.

That's fine bud, but did you really need to make a new account to say this?

I just want to know what people think was fixed.

I mean maybe after the July 30th patch when ER PPC's and PPC's are linked?

But right now nothing has changed.

View PostDonnie Silveray, on 16 July 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

I haven't seen a single PPC Boat or Jagerbombs, plus I see an increase in brawling. I'd say the system works good as a deterrent for ridiculous builds thus far.

Ok so...curious.

You do realize that currently, a stalker can use 2 ER PPC's and 2 PPC's to circumvent the system. As well as 2 PPC's, 1 ER PPC and a Gauss for the Highlander.

So you feel that because you haven't seen people using them, that means it is fixed?

Have you thought maybe you just maybe have been put into groups with people who don't play the meta?

For reference, if you ran into me the last few days I've played, I have been in a Centurion with 2 LRM 10's and 2 Medium Lasers.

Does that make you feel like the game is fixed because you ran into me and I wasn't using a cheese PPC build?

#25 Donnie Silveray

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 321 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:30 PM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 16 July 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

Ok so...curious.

You do realize that currently, a stalker can use 2 ER PPC's and 2 PPC's to circumvent the system. As well as 2 PPC's, 1 ER PPC and a Gauss for the Highlander.

Thats an exploit to be removed so your point is moot. So bad.

So you feel that because you haven't seen people using them, that means it is fixed?

Have you thought maybe you just maybe have been put into groups with people who don't play the meta?

For reference, if you ran into me the last few days I've played, I have been in a Centurion with 2 LRM 10's and 2 Medium Lasers.

Does that make you feel like the game is fixed because you ran into me and I wasn't using a cheese PPC build?

Considering I went the past week with matched filled to the brim with PPC stalkers and AC40 jagers, seeing a Centurion rush me with 3 SRM6s is a welcome relief. I have played 6 matches right after the patch, my usual routine to gauge mech builds going on.

Last week I had 4 games of nearly normal non-meta gameplay. Was insanely fun and entertaining. 5th match was a PPC ***** fest. The following days it was more of the same with the PPC boats. After the patch I haven't seen a single PPC boater except for the aforementioned exploits which are going to be removed later.

For now I'm going to be doing more playing.

Edited by Donnie Silveray, 16 July 2013 - 03:31 PM.

#26 Alexander Diaz

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:33 PM

I'm lovin' it. Matches are more interesting now that people actual brawl and have to think about heat management. Annoying obnoxious builds are less frequent. All around awesome at the moment. We'll see how it get tweaked and how people adapt. Still to early to decide but, big double thumbs up from me and my Merc group. Cheers!

#27 Dino Might

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:35 PM

Not new but just started posting. Maybe if enough people call for civil dialogue then that could be the mainstay.

Edit. Seems a lot more variety in games now. That is nice. Maybe future changes can work this system into something with a reasonable explanation that is easier to understand. I still think it is a band aid though.

Edited by Dino Might, 16 July 2013 - 03:37 PM.

#28 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:36 PM

View PostDonnie Silveray, on 16 July 2013 - 03:30 PM, said:

Thats an exploit to be removed so your point is moot. So bad.

Considering I went the past week with matched filled to the brim with PPC stalkers and AC40 jagers, seeing a Centurion rush me with 3 SRM6s is a welcome relief. I have played 6 matches right after the patch, my usual routine to gauge mech builds going on.

Last week I had 4 games of nearly normal non-meta gameplay. Was insanely fun and entertaining. 5th match was a PPC ***** fest. The following days it was more of the same with the PPC boats. After the patch I haven't seen a single PPC boater except for the aforementioned exploits which are going to be removed later.

For now I'm going to be doing more playing.

So how can you say you like a system that is still completely exploitable?

That's what I'm trying to figure out.

Basically the thing people like is people are trying to use SRM's.

That's great.

But when they are found to be underwhelming again (which seems to be the case due to the hit detection issues), and people go back to their PPC/Gauss boats (btw, you do realize that a Highlander with 3 PPC's and 1 Gauss only generates 7 extra heat?), then what?

#29 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

yup, love it. cant wait for gauss penalties and er/normal linkages.

every game today was better, and the only huge offender now is the gauss boat.

which id like to see take a 1 second recycle penalty when alpha striking.

#30 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

View PostDino Might, on 16 July 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

Not new but just started posting. Maybe if enough people call for civil dialogue then that could be the mainstay.

Can you quote where I've been anything but civil in this thread?

There really hasn't been anything all that major by message board terms.

#31 redreaper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 108 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

personally im liking the new anything over 100% heat and u start taking internal damage as for the ppcs and such i think u should be able to carry 3 without penalty or least be able to do it on certain mechs im looking at u awesome.

#32 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

So really, people's posts having nothing to do with the mechanics.

From what I'm reading everyone is happen because they are seeing a variety of mechs after a patch day.

You do realize that happens every patch when they change something right? Because everyone tests.

Then when they realize it isn't as good, they go right back to the cheese.

You can't just say "I SEE LOTS OF VARIETY 5 HOURS AFTER THE PATCH IT'S ALL GOOD".

The meta doesn't work that way.

My big hope now, is that PGI decides to release a mech that can mount 2 PPC's and 2 Gauss Rifles.

It will be epic.

View Postredreaper, on 16 July 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

personally im liking the new anything over 100% heat and u start taking internal damage as for the ppcs and such i think u should be able to carry 3 without penalty or least be able to do it on certain mechs im looking at u awesome.

That's the one really good change in this patch, over 100% should be damage.

#33 Dino Might

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 16 July 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

Can you quote where I've been anything but civil in this thread?

There really hasn't been anything all that major by message board terms.

No. I didn't say you were the problem. I like that you are asking questions and for people to explain themselves. I was referring to the guys goading people with the qq cat call nonsense.

#34 soarra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,312 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

That's fine bud, but did you really need to make a new account to say this?

I just want to know what people think was fixed.

I mean maybe after the July 30th patch when ER PPC's and PPC's are linked?

But right now nothing has changed.

Ok so...curious.

agreed it didn't fix most of the problems since we still have convergence.
I don't really mind the 2ppc 1 gauss mechs since some of us have been using them since CB when ppc's were a lot worse.

#35 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

View Postsoarra, on 16 July 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

agreed it didn't fix most of the problems since we still have convergence.
I don't really mind the 2ppc 1 gauss mechs since some of us have been using them since CB when ppc's were a lot worse.

I'm less worried about 2 PPC 1 Gauss.

My fear comes from the fact that, basically using a 3rd PPC is just 7 extra heat. While it does add up, in the end for a sniper, who doesn't not alpha as heavily as a brawler would normally, it's not a big deal.

And the system does NOTHING if they ever man up and release an Assault that can mount 2 Gauss Rifles and 2 PPC's (here's a tip, PGI is purposely avoiding it because they know this system won't fix it).

And lest we forget the clans, who can basically do anything they want to circumvent.

#36 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

Have you ever noticed these kind of polls see a HUGE rush of PGI support, then over the next few hours, that changes drastically?

No is already catching up like a speeding train.

#37 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:52 PM

View PostVictor Morson, on 16 July 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

Have you ever noticed these kind of polls see a HUGE rush of PGI support, then over the next few hours, that changes drastically?

No is already catching up like a speeding train.

You have to remember, people on the forums actually think AC/40 mechs were an issue.

The amount of TT nuthuggers and PGI brownnosers far excede people that are good at the game (that post on the forums).

Edited by 3rdworld, 16 July 2013 - 03:53 PM.

#38 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

No I hate it. It nerfs mechs that weren't overpowered. It completely failed to balance the PPC meta and everyone is still using PPCs on nearly every mech.

#39 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

View PostDonnie Silveray, on 16 July 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

I'd say this has nothing to do with the heat system and everything to do with OMGSRM'SDON'TSUCKANYMORE. SRM's and brawling have always been a favourite of many, but SRM's have sucked for so damn long.

The heat thing... I approve of thought behind it, but I just can't support it because it's too complex and unintuitive, extremely difficult to explain to non-forum folk who won't see the table, and is entirely too easy to circumvent - even if you ignore how you can use erppc's and ppc's together right now, as that will be fixed.

I'm saddened that my various 3LL builds were viewed as OP... I've swapped them to 2PPC builds instead - which actually worsens the whole high alpha meta thing.

But... yeah. It's well intentioned, but it doesn't actually help the game at all. That's just hidden by the SRM's, so people will attribute build changes to the heat system.

#40 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

its ight. a bit too early to tell

24 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 24 guests, 0 anonymous users