• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:53 PM

View PostGoose, on 19 July 2013 - 01:41 PM, said:

Remember kids: Firebrands' require x-mas lights and lumps of coal … :P

Just got that for my founders jenner, now I just need a hero spider to light up.

#42 IQwrassler

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 167 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario ... hunting for kimuras ...

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:54 PM

hey all, kinda dissapointed by the sale ...

I really only bought the christmas items because i thought they WOULDNT be selling them again (at least until next XMAS-time) ...

I would like to see limited time sale actually be for a limited time, as for me it provides one of the biggest incentives to buy things.

Digital product isnt actually anything tangible, once the game is deleted you have nothing to show, items have no actual material worth, so having something that others cant gives items at least some sort of additional value for me. It's a small gripe, but my .02.

For example, if the Project Phoenix Battlemechs werent unique (skins+bonus) in the pre-order, the incentive to buy them would be much less, so what is the precedent for those 'mechs actually being only available to preorders?

Anyways, lookig forward to the next sale ... better not be mini urbanmechs ... :P

edit: grammar + something constructive:

I'd like to see a Summer Items sale instead! It is actually appropriate for the season and keeps the XMAS items more valuable to be sold at XMAS time.

O ... M ... G ... how about a Suntanning Urbanmech, hmm?

Or a Dragon holding a cold summer beer?
How about a nice sun umbrella and sand castle for my cockpit dash?
Or a jump-jetting spider that shoots water out its jump jets like a little fountain!

... just throwing some ideas out there ...

*I would pay too much money for a tanning urbanmech that was only out for a month in summer* :ph34r:

Edited by IQwrassler, 19 July 2013 - 02:12 PM.

#43 wickwire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • LocationIgnoring The Meta Since 2012

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:06 PM

View PostGoose, on 19 July 2013 - 01:41 PM, said:

Remember kids: Firebrands' require x-mas lights and lumps of coal … :P

Posted Image

#44 Homeless Bill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:24 PM

View PostUtnapishtim, on 19 July 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

*TL:DR* "limited time items" should be limited time items only, not subject to an arbitrary 50% resale 7 months later.

Agreed.

As much as I understand you guys want to make some dough and not let those items go to waste, this has made me far less likely to buy any "limited time only" items in the future. I caved and spent an obscene amount of money because I wanted the shiny, and I didn't want to miss out or wait until next Christmas.

Sure, I got six months early-access "use" out of them, but next time, I'll just wait until you pull another one of these totally-not-limited-anymore-AND-half-price deals.

#45 Nekomimi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 300 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

The Surgar Plumb fairy isn't here, so that's nice. But yeah keep the all of special Bobble Heads and unique items out of the resale market.

Also you could of just made Summer themed items and sold them at full price. And as IQwrassler mentioned
a Sun bathing Urbanmech lying a chair with a sun reflector would of been amazing and a great follow up to the classy mech. Then the Urbie bobble head could be a great running gag with a new one out on a so often basis.

Edited by Nekomimi, 19 July 2013 - 03:11 PM.

#46 IQwrassler

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 167 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario ... hunting for kimuras ...

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:29 PM

View PostNekomimi, on 19 July 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

... the Urbie bobble head could be a great running gag with a new one out on a so often basis.

yes please oh please oh please yes

<insert throw money at screen meme>

I would be ok with limited run bobbles given out as special prizes/awards as a second chance to obtain some.

Edited by IQwrassler, 19 July 2013 - 03:29 PM.

#47 Alik Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

Finally the REDs are on sale... now can we do the GREYs next... you'll make me very happy. :ph34r:

Note: yes I can be a little cheap about things that do nothing for the actual game play... I blame my parents. :P

#48 Starwulfe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 163 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

Last Christmas had an MC sale...
So it's just sorta Christmas.

#49 AnimosityMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 207 posts
  • LocationRight behind that rock over there.

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

Even at these prices, especially for the colors, its not worth it.

#50 Trev Firestorm

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:14 AM

:P I just impluse bought a red and a green last week too...

#51 Flameraven

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 6 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:47 AM

Ahahahahahah 23th

#52 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:07 PM

Collected:
Ianchi
Tundra
Verona

Cadmium.

The greens make for a good addition of variety. The red completes my need for a bright red to go with bright blue, bright white, etc.

#53 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:44 AM

People buyed these items hoping for them to be unique, you betrayed your customers once more but it's not your foult anymore that people are being getting fooled repeatedly.
Next big sale will be founters mechs with 30% bonus.

Edited by M0rpHeu5, 21 July 2013 - 01:46 AM.

#54 Warge

• 1,027 posts
  • LocationKiyiv

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

View PostM0rpHeu5, on 21 July 2013 - 01:44 AM, said:

Next big sale will be founters mechs with 30% bonus.

Can we also have a founder's tag?

Edited by Warge, 21 July 2013 - 03:15 PM.

#55 Magik0012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

View PostChavette, on 19 July 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

Its been said next MC sale will be on xmas and it will be 20% off...not worth waiting a year for imho, but keep being mad whatever it gets you.

Never said I was mad, bro.

I just happen to think they'd make a load of cash on a BOGO or 50% off MC sale.

But I could be wrong.

Whatevs.

#56 Serpentbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 485 posts
  • LocationVanvikan, Norway

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:24 PM

Personally I feel the price of colors is way over the top. If you but MC's in small bits and lumps buying all colors translate to about 200$ (if my $->MC calculations are right) And then you'll have to buy the patterns for each mech. I have no problem with uniqe items or hero mechs etc, but colors should be free, or at least they should not cost more than a buck for each color group. I do notice ppl buying colors anyways, but for real? Yes this is free to play, but then again, if you are a fan you'll spend a lot more money on this game than ordinary games. So why not let those paying get a little more out of the deal, let them customice a little more for every spent dollar... Then money can be used for the things that actually matters a little more. Maybe I'm cheap, and It's not that I can't aford it, I live in Norway for christ sake, we ****ing **** money, but it's about prinsiples. I refuse to spend 200$ on digital colors. It's a rip off, plain and simple.

#57 Trev Firestorm

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:53 AM

View PostSerpentbane, on 21 July 2013 - 11:24 PM, said:

Personally I feel the price of colors is way over the top. If you but MC's in small bits and lumps buying all colors translate to about 200$ (if my $->MC calculations are right) And then you'll have to buy the patterns for each mech. I have no problem with uniqe items or hero mechs etc, but colors should be free, or at least they should not cost more than a buck for each color group. I do notice ppl buying colors anyways, but for real? Yes this is free to play, but then again, if you are a fan you'll spend a lot more money on this game than ordinary games. So why not let those paying get a little more out of the deal, let them customice a little more for every spent dollar... Then money can be used for the things that actually matters a little more. Maybe I'm cheap, and It's not that I can't aford it, I live in Norway for christ sake, we ****ing **** money, but it's about prinsiples. I refuse to spend 200$ on digital colors. It's a rip off, plain and simple.

Cosmetic items are /the/ primary (aside from premium account) thing they need to be selling. While it would be nice for colors to be cheaper, there is a small selection of Cbill colors you can buy. This is what allows them to make money while staying away from pay-to-win items.

#58 tayhimself

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 334 posts
  • LocationAn island

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:30 AM

View PostTrev Firestorm, on 22 July 2013 - 02:53 AM, said:

Cosmetic items are /the/ primary (aside from premium account) thing they need to be selling. While it would be nice for colors to be cheaper, there is a small selection of Cbill colors you can buy. This is what allows them to make money while staying away from pay-to-win items.

Agreed, but only when they are on sale. If you buy the $50 MC package the non-premium colors are $1.05 (250 MC) while the premium are $2.10 (500 MC). I haven't bought 4 premium, 1 std, and 1 ultra-premium (700 MC) for a total of around $12. I'd rather spend some money on this mindless stuff than have to buy gold ammo. Plus it's fun to personalize your mechs. You spend hours upon hours in them.

As an aside, I think the camo unlocks are too expensive. I wish they unlocked a whole class of mech. If you bought fractal heavy, it was for all heavys not just for 1 chassis.

#59 wickwire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • LocationIgnoring The Meta Since 2012

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:43 AM

I don't have a problem spending loadsamonee on this game (if everything was 50% cheaper though, that'd be great), it's just too bad that some time in the future the game/servers will be shut down and we lose all our digital items that we have collected.

#60 Serpentbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 485 posts
  • LocationVanvikan, Norway

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:05 AM

I have no problem supporting the game either. I have bought the Overlord Phoenix package at 80$. Now, this ingame purchase is a full game purchase by it self. So why should I pay hundreds og $ on colors. I see that they can earn Money on many ppl doing a few 2$ purchases. But how many use 2$ and no more? And how many actually buy all colors? All colors together, few things in this game are more expencive. It's ok with special camo, and other uniqe features, but as wickwire wrote, when we buy one it should be available for more than just one mech type. We should then own that for all mech types, or atleast that weight class. If they want to earn more money, then they should have a broader selection.

Edited by Serpentbane, 23 July 2013 - 06:15 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users