#62 Watchit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:01 PM

Bump!

I put my full support behind this proposal. Please make it happen. ;)

#63 Homeless Bill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:31 PM

Homeless Bill casts revive.

#64 van Uber

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 284 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:44 AM

View PostHomeless Bill, on 29 May 2014 - 09:31 PM, said:

Homeless Bill casts revive.

Free bump.

Hey Bill, I had a thought. Why not simplify this even further? Just put a cap on how much damage a weapon group can deliver or it will be set to chain fire? No new values on modules to keep track of, just a big warning triangle in the Mech lab when a weapon group exceeds the limit and is forced to chain fire.

Something like this:

View Postvan Uber, on 13 August 2014 - 12:02 AM, said:

1. Limit the alpha damage in each weapon group to 30. Groups that exceed this damage are automatically put to chain fire. For example, dual AC 20 can be in the same group, but not fire simultaneously, while 6 MLas can still alpha. Different groups can fire simultaneously as long as they do not exceed 30 dmg in total.

2. Set a manual convergence for each group, default to optimal range of the weapon with the shortest range. May be adjusted in mechbay and manually during a game, say by Ctrl + Scroll Wheel, in increments of 50m, but not beyond optimal + falloff of the range of the weapon with shortest range in the group.

3. Remove Ghost heat.

I think this would increase the TTK by a reasonable amount and still leave some customisation options regarding groups. Good or Bad? Or perhaps Better or Worse is more apt?

Perhaps even include a special Alpha option (there is a key associated to it) where you can fire all weapons Hail Mary style, but with the inevitable shutdown, regardless of current heat level.

#65 Homeless Bill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:11 PM

View Postvan Uber, on 14 August 2014 - 01:44 AM, said:

Hey Bill, I had a thought. Why not simplify this even further? Just put a cap on how much damage a weapon group can deliver or it will be set to chain fire? No new values on modules to keep track of, just a big warning triangle in the Mech lab when a weapon group exceeds the limit and is forced to chain fire.

Sounds good to me. At this point, I don't care what penalty they impose. Accuracy, heat, and weapons locking would all be fine - they just need to put all weapons on the same scale.

The one thing I'd caveat is that it shouldn't be based off of damage values. 10 laser damage != 10 SRM damage != 10 PPC damage. I am quite firm in my belief that a second set of numbers based on the "alphability" of various weapons is needed to really address the imbalances without over-nerfing beam and spread weapons.

#66 Loganauer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 139 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:46 PM

When I saw the thread about heat penalties, I was hoping it'd be something similar to this

http://mwomercs.com/...of-mechwarrior/

Heat values should stay identical to tabletop, and nerfs should revolve around recycle times and cone of fire spread.

Edited by Loganauer, 14 August 2014 - 12:48 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users