Petition for Urbanmech

796 replies to this topic

#561 ichiward

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:02 PM

Would like to see more mechs anyway. So yes to Urbanmech.

#562 buckaroo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:29 PM

View PostLightdragon, on 10 July 2012 - 05:27 PM, said:

and then when urbanmech is added some ***** will be on your team with it and hog a slot for a more useful mech and therefore cost you the win yea im sure youll love that piece of crap then

If you're on the team that beats mine because matchmaker gave us three Urbies, I somehow suspect you'll be totally cool with it. :-)

#563 Affront692

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationUnder my Atlas changing its Oil

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:02 AM

If people are worried about urbanmechs not being useful why not just limit urbanmechs to be playable only in certain game modes....

#564 MinobuTetsuhara

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:54 AM

View PostSpleenslitta, on 10 July 2012 - 01:27 PM, said:

Firebee. http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Firebee

Everybody just forgets to put it in polls. Nobody mentions it as the mech they want to be introduced next, nobody even mentions it when they put up a list of the unseen...etc.

I can understand why though. It doesn't have enough variants for MW:O. Unseen. Strange weapon loadout that needs a mechlab to fix.
It's like a Commando on steroids and with jump jets. I can see so much potential for it if i could just get it into the MW:O mechlab.

Probably since it would be classed as a lostech mech rather than 3025 ? Same with the Firestarter Mirage, there just weren't many of them around

#565 Biomatter

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:54 PM

Hot damn, I didn't really know what an Urbie was before this thread, but after reading the first page, I want one too!

#566 MiniMekTech

• Pip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 12 posts
  • LocationArlington, Texas

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

Well, the urban mech has my signature reguardless. I'm not saying I don't like it either, I love all the mechs and it would just be dumb to not have it entered into the game. Take out the Atlas, or a Mad Cat, and anyone that doesn't understand this would begin to see it immediately.

It has a right to be here just like any other mech in the game did, personally I'll someday hope to see my blood asp. But the Urban mech was part of the story, and it needs to stay with the story. You can't be here wanting to make this game realistic to the story line and then just cut things out. That's.. not really keeping it to the books then if you do that is it?

#567 i_dot_jeff

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:55 AM

+1 for Urbanmech

#568 Thorgar Wulfson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationConcordia, KS

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:40 AM

it gets my vote, its a staple of the Btech universe. I read on another thread somone called it "the Clap Trap of Battletech" i have to agree.

#569 TheMysteriousGX

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMontana

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:34 PM

Posted Image

#570 Gherrek

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

The Dustbin-o-doom has got to make an appearance, sure its slow...rotund and has weird armament but just look at it! How can you say no to that ickle mech!

Posted Image

I would love him and hug him and call him George.

#571 George Ledoux

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:15 PM

The former voice of a mech generation also wants to see the Urbanmech included.

The very first mech ever piloted by the renowned Duncan Fisher was an Urbanmech and it's where he got his first taste of real pride and real humility. It's also the first place he ever took a dump in his jumpsuit due to an incident that he refused to ever discuss after he left active service.

#572 Captain Fabulous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 685 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:40 PM

View PostSpleenslitta, on 10 July 2012 - 01:27 PM, said:

Firebee. http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Firebee

Everybody just forgets to put it in polls. Nobody mentions it as the mech they want to be introduced next, nobody even mentions it when they put up a list of the unseen...etc.

I can understand why though. It doesn't have enough variants for MW:O. Unseen. Strange weapon loadout that needs a mechlab to fix.
It's like a Commando on steroids and with jump jets. I can see so much potential for it if i could just get it into the MW:O mechlab.

The problem with the Firebee is, while it may have been introduced in 2524, for some reason it didn't show up in a TRO (as far as I know) until 3075, suggesting to a lot of people that was when it was introduced.

#573 Captain Fabulous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 685 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:43 PM

At least, that's my speculation.

#574 exiledangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 200 posts
  • Locationhalifax ns canada

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:53 PM

bring out the urbie mech then bring out the urbie IIC mech from the clans invasion

#575 Spirit Dragon

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:33 PM

View Postironhammer, on 04 November 2011 - 10:30 PM, said:

Oh hellz to the yez. If I can have my LOLtracktor in World of Tanks, I want my Urbie! That's my city you're walking in Mr. Marauder!

I assume your not familiar with the buisness end of a Marauder 2's dorsal cannon are you? though I've never really liked the urban mech my self if it's added in I'd just love makign it's powerplant go critical.

#576 BlackAbbot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • LocationSecret UrbanMech Production Facility

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:11 PM

View PostCaptain Fabulous, on 14 July 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

The problem with the Firebee is, while it may have been introduced in 2524, for some reason it didn't show up in a TRO (as far as I know) until 3075, suggesting to a lot of people that was when it was introduced.

This is because much like the Sarna article on them says, the factory that produced them was wiped out in the late 28th century and the design became extinct. The reference in the 3075 TRO was to a couple of ancient Firebee's that the Cappies had managed to pull out of mothballs and refit. It is an ex-parrot.

#577 Karuik

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationHere.

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:50 AM

This world needs more armed trash cans.

Make it so.

#578 Fire for Effect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • 583 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:35 AM

but urbie has no arms....

#579 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:37 AM

View PostFire for Effect, on 15 July 2012 - 04:35 AM, said:

but urbie has no arms....

It does have arms...they are just stubby in the same way a Catapults arms are stubby. :)

#580 Fire for Effect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • 583 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:47 AM

do not ruin my pun :)

31 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 31 guests, 0 anonymous users