Desperately Looking For Help With New Mechs.

5 replies to this topic

#1 Rasako

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 214 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:13 PM

so I dont really play enough to really keep up with top tier players but I'm still above average in terms of skill. Sadly all of my mechs are SRM-focused brawlers because I really like the close range punch I can deliver to a mech and take out a vital location if need be or gun them down quickly in a close range brawl. However, with the current hit detection issues I can barely pull over 800 damage in my best matches and I need help finding new mechs that better fit the meta.

Is there any particular website that I could go to to see popular mechs/builds or an area that I can discuss with other high tier competitive players to figure out what works and what doesn't? after trying to compete in this weekend tournament and realizing that my mechs have been beyond obsolete due to trashy hit detection and meta shifting I'm at a complete loss as to what to do.

Edited by Rasako, 20 July 2013 - 04:17 PM.

#2 TheArcher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:31 PM

mwo.smurfy-net.de has a build tool that lets you save your builds. Other players have posted links to their builds on smurfy here on the forums. You should be able to search the forums for "smurfy assault brawl" or "smurfy ctf brawl" and get some results.

Or browse the weight class subforums here in Guides and Strategies.

Edited by TheArcher, 20 July 2013 - 04:34 PM.

#3 Rasako

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 214 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:44 PM

well I"ve been playing since august, I just dont play very much, so I'm lacking in the cbill department and I want my next purchase to be a brawler that isnt focused on missiles, but I hate the vast majority of the mechs in the game and am mainly waiting on the orion as my first heavy mech (I prefer heavies but none currently interest me in the game so i've stuck to a cent and atlas for the time being)

and I also regularly mess around with builds on smurfy but cant seem to find anything I particularly like on paper

Edited by Rasako, 20 July 2013 - 04:45 PM.

#4 PanzerMagier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 1,369 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSome nameless backwater planet

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:38 PM

Brawler missile mech? I'd say stalker/Centurian/quickdraw

Atlas will give you the most variety. You definitely might like the highlander more if you want jumpjets.
Stalker will get your a mech that can quickly be shaped to cheese if that's how you like it.
Centurian will cost you the least also teaches good pilot habits. Torso twisting the most important.
Quickdraw will give the speed of the medium with the firepower of a heavy. Bonus with jumpjets.
Victor is another option after the quickdraw since they both use high rated XL engines. So buying an XL 360 will give you more value to swap between the two.

What mechs NOT to try as a missile brawler:

Catapult, popular choice but only works if SRMS are overpowered, what's more it's fragile and does not have many backup weapons if the srms fail.
Awesome, too slow depending on variant, not enough armour to survive close range encounters.
Trebuchet, could be difficult to learn for a new player. Has strange hardpoint restrictions, in some variants your primary weapons can be easily blown off.

Pick your poison. ^.^

#5 Toadkillerdog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 178 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

cataphract is probably the best brawler out of the heavies, and you can build some decent ones around Ac20s, UAC5s, and large lasers. I can attest to the 3 large laser/ac20 build

#6 Racklesnack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 291 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

http://www.mechspecs.com/forum/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users