Pgi: A List Of All The Main Issues You Need To Address.

44 replies to this topic

Poll: Pgi: A List Of All The Main Issues You Need To Address. (96 member(s) have cast votes)

Weapon recycle is too fast

1. Agree (20 votes [21.05%])

Percentage of vote: 21.05%

2. Disagree (75 votes [78.95%])

Percentage of vote: 78.95%

Projectile speeds are too fast

1. Agree (19 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. Disagree (76 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

Knockdowns need to be brought back

1. Agree (80 votes [84.21%])

Percentage of vote: 84.21%

2. Disagree (15 votes [15.79%])

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

LRMS need rewritten to MW4 LRMs or similar(skill based)

1. Agree (29 votes [30.53%])

Percentage of vote: 30.53%

2. Disagree (66 votes [69.47%])

Percentage of vote: 69.47%

ECM should be removed or rewritten to make it less complex.

1. Agree (38 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. Disagree (57 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

Matchmaker needs tonnage limits and/or battle value.

1. Agree (88 votes [92.63%])

Percentage of vote: 92.63%

2. Disagree (7 votes [7.37%])

Percentage of vote: 7.37%

There should have been a solo queue only option, 4 vs 4, and 8 vs 8 option, all separate.

1. Agree (64 votes [67.37%])

Percentage of vote: 67.37%

2. Disagree (31 votes [32.63%])

Percentage of vote: 32.63%

Assault mode needs real bases.

1. Agree (73 votes [76.84%])

Percentage of vote: 76.84%

2. Disagree (22 votes [23.16%])

Percentage of vote: 23.16%

Double heat sinks need to be removed and Single heat sinks need to be buffed "slightly" in conjunction with removing DHS

1. Agree (7 votes [7.37%])

Percentage of vote: 7.37%

2. Disagree (88 votes [92.63%])

Percentage of vote: 92.63%

The new user experience is ... horrible.

1. Agree (71 votes [75.53%])

Percentage of vote: 75.53%

2. Disagree (23 votes [24.47%])

Percentage of vote: 24.47%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Volthorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,929 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Canadia

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:23 PM

View PostDestined, on 22 July 2013 - 01:14 PM, said:

It's really a shame that there are some constructive posts in a thread like this... Like walking into a cockroach hotel and finding a delicious bacon sandwich in it but you have to throw it away because it's covered in cockroaches.

It was posted by Teralitha, what did you expect?

Ew, Teralitha liked this post. Now I feel dirty. :ph34r:

Edited by Volthorne, 22 July 2013 - 06:22 PM.

#42 Teralitha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

View Postzorak ramone, on 22 July 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

I wasn't in CSR. I was in the US HRR

#1 was obviously IHx. The rest of the top five easily included ourselves (GDL/CB), CSR, CDS, and possibly CSA. The only person who thinks HJ was #2 is you.

Sorry, my mistake. As for those clans you just listed, CSR and CDS both failed to in their attempts to take away our clan sector. I dont recall CB or CSA attempting. That leaves IHx, who did win. So that places HJ just below IHx. at #2. But to be fair, by the time IHx assaulted, several of HJ's top pilots were getting burned out on NBT, and didnt really try to defend it. We knew we were going to use scorched earth on somebody.... it was IHx. I have no idea how much it cost them to repair the industry, or if they went bankrupt... but I heard it was in the billions of c-bills, and clans werent exactly rich.

And again, if you nerf DHS, then "GAUSS RIFLES!!!" happens. Every top tier build will require GRs, suddenly. What will you do next? Raise GR heat to 8 or something?

This again was never an issue for me. I viewed the catapult as an easy kill due to its easy to hit cockpit and easy to exploit up/down reticle limits. They may be used more in a SHS game, but the mechs that can boat them have enough weaknesses to exploit for the experienced pilot it shoudnt be an issue. Its one of those cases where, noobs thinks something is overpowered, but experts say it isnt.

#43 Teralitha

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

I see alot of votes that dont agree that the weapon recycle time is too fast. We should discuss that.

A long time ago, when all the beta testers thought recycle times were not an issue, PGI one day decided to speed up all the weapon recycle times by alot. Many beta testers were confused by this change as it was never an issue and never discussed with the community, and there was no change to heat to account for this.

What a slower recycle time does.... causes pilots to be more cautious about where they aim and how they manuever. Makes them think more. Slower projectile speeds have a similar effect, causing the players take careful aim, having to judge time to target, distance and speeds of target and yourself, otherwise you may be wasting ammo, or building up heat for nothing if you miss.

Currently, its actually hard to miss. Most missing currently is because of the hit detection and netcode, not because of lack of skills. because projectile speeds are so fast now, every weapon is just point and click. Its an unrewarding system, and grows boring and stale when individual aiming and piloting skills dont matter much.

Edited by Teralitha, 22 July 2013 - 04:10 PM.

#44 blinkin

• 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

i said yes to knockdowns as long as they don't use the awful system that was in closed beta. i lost count of all the times that completely sucked all of the fun out of a match.

most collisions should knock your torso around and screw up your aim and only a very few at very high relative speeds should actually result in a true knockdown (in general unless 2 light mechs have a full head on collision at max speed, everyone should still be standing)

#45 Blue Footed Booby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationHere?

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:23 AM

View PostTeralitha, on 22 July 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:

I remember noobs crying about them. But It didnt dominate. If it was so dominating, why isnt it dominating now? The build still exists and its more efficient than a PPC boat.

Seriously... just stop posting about K2 Guass being overpowered, if you thought it was overpowered, you were a skilless noob. Sorry if truth hurts...

They aren't dominating now because DHS changed the sweetspot for damage:heat ratio, because the jager does everything the K2 can better, and because they never actually dominated and were only ever useful in conjuction with brawlers who could keep them from getting bumrushed.

Removing DHS is still a pretty terrible idea, just not because it would make gaussapults the One True Build.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users