Fix Spiders Or Take Em Out Temporaraly

48 replies to this topic

#1 McTriples

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

something needs to be done about spiders they take 1/2-1/3 of the damage fired at them, they are right now more toxic then the ppc stalker ever was

i suppose you could also just make em take double dmg from the shots that do register

Edited by McTriples, 22 July 2013 - 04:48 PM.

#2 Kazly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:53 PM

Should run up a testing grounds test :P

Edit: oh, I guess there aren't any spiders there.

Edited by Kazly, 22 July 2013 - 05:07 PM.

#3 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:25 PM

View PostMcTriples, on 22 July 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

something needs to be done about spiders they take 1/2-1/3 of the damage fired at them, they are right now more toxic then the ppc stalker ever was

i suppose you could also just make em take double dmg from the shots that do register

So you are more afraid of what a spider can put out in a match when compared to a ppc boating stalker? Now I admit things may be broken fight now but really worse than a ppc stalker???

And you do know things are going to be exactly the same just in a non broken way when they finally up the speed cap and things like spiders, commandos, locusts and fleas will same kind of hit difficulty.

If they didnt take out ECM/Ravens when that happened and they didnt remove highlanders or jumpjets when that event occurred they wont take out spiders.

/silly thread

#4 ohtochooseaname

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 440 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:30 PM

In spite of the fact that spiders are damn hard to kill, their damage output is so low that I can't believe this is actually a problem. If you want to kill them, load steaks, they never miss, and it only takes about 100 of them to kill a spider.

Edited by ohtochooseaname, 22 July 2013 - 10:31 PM.

#5 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:49 PM

The Spider is not the problem. Half the team running after the Spider is the problem.

#6 JimboFBX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:52 PM

I had a game recently where two ECM spiders did 500 and 400 damage respectively and did the top damage for their team. You couldn't shoot them, and they just ran around with an ERPPC and a medium laser blasting you.

So **** about them not doing any damage you are just flat out dead wrong.

#7 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:58 AM

I for one welcome our tiny metagame-busting overlords. Guess what, ERPPC+Gauss does not work on everything. Assaults could easily bring a ton of streaks plus BAP to the table. Or TAG and lermz. Or simply an array of lasers... Quit whining, learn to play.

#8 JimboFBX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:02 AM

Two spiders require TWO players with BAP to be near each other otherwise it doesnt help.

#9 Mandar

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:07 AM

Just suck it up, cup cake.

#10 JimboFBX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:32 AM

would rather play something else honestly.

Bad enough they don't take damage when they are hit. On top of that the mech's size is disproportionately small compared to other mechs. It's got a smaller arms and body than a mech 5 tons heavier and is also shorter.

Here's an idea on how sizes work - look at a large pizza then look at a medium pizza. Note that a pizza 30% larger only marginally appears bigger

Spiders are single handedly ruining the game for me. every other game there's just some ECM spider running around. Its become very abused.

Edited by JimboFBX, 23 July 2013 - 01:33 AM.

#11 Milocinia

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationAvalon City, New Avalon

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:35 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Kyocera, 23 July 2013 - 07:36 AM.

#12 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:04 AM

You're going to have to pry my cold dead corpse out of my Spider to take it way from me. :)

Posted Image

#13 MrTonic

Rookie

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:30 AM

I smell someone who's using lots of heavy lasers, or maybe LRMs. If you hit spiders they die, the're meant to be hard to hit. Bear in mind that a beam needs to connect for the full duration for the marked damage, sweeping over them will light the paperdoll up, but not do a great deal.

#14 ohtochooseaname

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 440 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:37 AM

View PostJimboFBX, on 22 July 2013 - 11:52 PM, said:

I had a game recently where two ECM spiders did 500 and 400 damage respectively and did the top damage for their team. You couldn't shoot them, and they just ran around with an ERPPC and a medium laser blasting you.

So **** about them not doing any damage you are just flat out dead wrong.

I occasionally do 400 to 500 damage in my 5D, however, I average about 50% more damage in my Jenner F..meaning in that I occasionally do 600-700 damage, so...what's the problem with the spider? There are some really useless lights (and light pilots) out there. By damage output, I mean actual peak dps, not damage over an entire game, which is very pilot dependent.

IMO, if you spread out the hitboxes on the spider like they did the 3L, it'll become entirely useless just like the commando and Raven: it'll lose its niche. Also, it's nowhere near as bad as the 3L was when streaks were king, and they took months to sort that one out.

Edited by ohtochooseaname, 23 July 2013 - 08:44 AM.

#15 Jabilo

• Philanthropist
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:48 AM

The spider should not be balanced by being bugged and having clear direct hits not registering.

If something is broken then it should be fixed.

If the spider then becomes pointless and needs further balancing then so be it; but it should be balanced by clear intended design decisions not by just letting it stay broken - which is most certainly is.

#16 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:58 AM

View PostModo44, on 22 July 2013 - 11:49 PM, said:

The Spider is not the problem. Half the team running after the Spider is the problem.

No the spider IS the problem, When I am connecting on my screen with Alpha and concentrated fire time after time and none of that damage registers, and the spider is able to core me out in an assault during that exchange, something is profoundly wrong with the spider.

View Postohtochooseaname, on 23 July 2013 - 08:37 AM, said:

I occasionally do 400 to 500 damage in my 5D, however, I average about 50% more damage in my Jenner F..meaning in that I occasionally do 600-700 damage, so...what's the problem with the spider? There are some really useless lights (and light pilots) out there. By damage output, I mean actual peak dps, not damage over an entire game, which is very pilot dependent.

IMO, if you spread out the hitboxes on the spider like they did the 3L, it'll become entirely useless just like the commando and Raven: it'll lose its niche. Also, it's nowhere near as bad as the 3L was when streaks were king, and they took months to sort that one out.

Oh no, it's actually far worse than the 3l ever was.

#17 KnightedChaos

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:03 AM

OK, are you try to alpha a spider with ppcs under min range, that could be your problem right there. Personally I haven't had that much trouble with dmg registering on spiders.

#18 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:05 AM

View PostKnightedChaos, on 23 July 2013 - 10:03 AM, said:

OK, are you try to alpha a spider with ppcs under min range, that could be your problem right there. Personally I haven't had that much trouble with dmg registering on spiders.

1) ERPPCs don't have a min range
2) Gauss Rifles don't have min range
3) SRMs don't have a min range.
4) Med Lasers don't have a min range.

so 15damage, 10 damage, 10 damage and 24 damage, That's 59points to the face. and NOTHING.

Edited by Lugh, 23 July 2013 - 10:06 AM.

#19 Milocinia

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationAvalon City, New Avalon

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:05 AM

I die enough times in my spider to know it isn't that OP at all. There are a handful of really pro spider pilots who you'll have trouble with, just the same as you find some very skilled assault pilots.

You just have to bide your time until they're moving in a straight line away from you, land after jump jetting or come to a stop. I don't normally have too much trouble taking out not so pro spider pilots with a bit of patience, be it with ballistics or lasers.

#20 Spirit of the Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 455 posts
  • LocationEarth... I think. (Hey, you don't know if you're in the matrix either, do you?)

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:15 AM

Well, given that last night I was piloting my Centurion CN9-A, and that in 2 shots of 18 SRMs each with Artemis I was able to completely core out a commando, whereas those same 2 shots of 18 SRMs didn't even turn a MOTIONLESS spider's armor orange, I'd say that there IS a problem.

Before someone asks, I'll answer:
I wasn't lagging.
The commando wasn't lagging.
The spider wasn't lagging.

And on both the spider and the commando, all 18 SRMs hit the torso region, from the front. Both times.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users