48 replies to this topic

#41 ohtochooseaname

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 440 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

Never underestimate the power of jump jets also. They seem to double down on the HSR problems.

The damage spread for spiders is also high. If I die while not legged, I tend to have basically all my armor blown, lost an arm, and someone finally takes out a torso section. A spider has approx. 300 total health counting internal and armor. If you're blowing things down to about 20% hp, that spider has taken at least 200 damage, all of which was spread out due to convergence issues, and much of which missed. Plus, they're hard to hit as they are pinballing around. It doesn't seem unreasonable to me that all these factors combined are making them difficult to kill without having any real hitbox issues.

Edited by ohtochooseaname, 23 July 2013 - 03:26 PM.

#42 Milocinia

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationAvalon City, New Avalon

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:15 PM

View PostPostumus, on 23 July 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

Notice that the Spider pilot here with the ridiculous score is running at 155 ping. Pretty good anecdotal evidence for the HSR hypothesis. Spiders are tiny, so they're hard to hit in the first place, hit registration is all over the place right now anyways, and high/fluctuating pings is what sets off the HSR hit registration problems.

Before we go on a spider hunt, wait until they fix the hit reg issues in the next couple of patches. Then we'll see how things stand. Implementing "fixes" that put a bandaid over the underlying problem is what causes some of the most egregious balance issues. The reason we had the great Poptart scourge of 2013 is because PPCs had their damage, heat, and projectile speed buffed, because HSR was not yet implemented and trying to hit ANYTHING was a crap shoot. The devs assumed that if you were only hitting part of the time, you could fix the issue by making those shots do more damage. Fast forward to ballistic HSR, and the PPC buffs are multiplied by the hit registration/ hitbox / netcode fixes.

If you go and nerf spiders now, when they do actually fix hit registration (again) they will die from a light breeze.

Actually my ping rarely goes over 100 and that high score is down to tactics and opportunism on my part, picking the right mechs to target with my LPL+4MG loadout and not necessarily down to actual "skill" or having lagshield.

#43 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:15 PM

View PostKyocera, on 23 July 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

Actually my ping rarely goes over 100 and that high score is down to tactics and opportunism on my part, picking the right mechs to target with my LPL+4MG loadout and not necessarily down to actual "skill" or having lagshield.

I think what you do is to dare them to achive the same feat in a Spider K... LOL...
The sillines.. They maybe hard to kill but noway are they 'OP'.

Problem with Spiders ? Chain fire and aim for the legs everytime and it will eventually go.
A smart Spider pilot would go pick on someone else though.

Edited by ShinVector, 23 July 2013 - 10:17 PM.

#44 TheRuslan

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationEstonia

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:30 AM

Spider was broken when they introduced it.
Major problem begins with "morons", who don't know how to fix damage registration. ( they still have their jobs)

I have suggested to hire real pro crew to deal with problem... but no progress on that.

Feedback or not, they do not care about fixing game, just making money by adding mambo-jambo.

PGI, face it, you need for money is bigger than need for good game.

#45 cgaston

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:50 AM

I've taken out a hurt spider on alpine at 800+ meters with 2 ER PPCs. However I do have problems with them at close range with SRMs. I think what's making spiders and light mechs much more deadly now is with the SSRM nerf (the spread is ridiculous if you ask me). Back then you could deal with lights by mounting 3x SSRM 2s on an Atlas. Now it's much more of a chore. Although it's very gratifying to take a spiders head off with an AC20 2x ERPPC alpha hahahaha!

#46 cgaston

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:56 AM

Oh maybe when they put collision back in Spiders wont be so "OP"...lol

#47 JimboFBX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:51 AM

there is collision...

#48 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:25 AM

For spiders being so broken, why do I have matches where I die with only 20-30 damage to my name? Could it be someone was able to hit me? I tend to average anywhere from 30-150 damage, with some lower and some higher matches. Depends upon the skill of those I fight, and luck sometimes.

I'll tell you though, if I come into a skilled player hitting me with balistic styled weapons, I run. I'll let my team deal with them.

So, it is possible to take down a spider.

(PS: Most of your "hitting" shots I can see clearly running to my sides when I run away. Most of those shots are missing due to convergence and not having enough time for your weapons to converge on their target, me. They are running between my arms and my torsos most of the time.)

(PS again: Lasers still can scare me in my Spider. PPCs, I laugh at normally and dance around them.)

#49 Event Horizon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 252 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:01 PM

Stop the Spider hate! Their hit boxes work fine. You may be experiencing HSR lag shielding, which happens to any lagging mech. I have seen almost every mech seem invincible because of HSR. My Spiders get hit fine because I have a low ping, however most people shooting simply miss or barely scrape me. Like another pilot said above, go to testing grounds and you will see their hit boxes work fine.

19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users