Employee Of The Month Sale: July 26Th - July 30Th

58 replies to this topic

#41 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

View PostKoniving, on 26 July 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

CT's actually identical in width to the Atlas, although it is vertically shorter, as shown here in my Pretty Baby compared to an Atlas.
Spoiler

It is also no wider than the Victor's and skinnier than the Highlander's (slightly). Although the Stalker has the skinniest center torso.

Try again: http://mwomercs.com/...x-localisation/

Please note how the Awesome has a gigantic wide stripe down the center, whereas the Atlas has an undulating pattern that tapers down to a narrow point; really the only good way to consistently hit an atlas in the CT with this netcode is to aim for the pelvis, which is not always possible, given the way the legs can completely shield that area from the side.

Now I grant you, it LOOKs the same in the screenshot for how wide their CTs should be, but the way the hitboxes are actually laid out, the 20-ton-heavier mech actually has a narrower CT.

Also, to PGI: In what universe is the Awesome the employee of the month? I got third in the overall AvW Awesome standings so I know it's possible to do well in one, but I mean, really? They finish dead last in the competition, behind even the lights and the mediums in terms of scoring that only takes into account kills, assists, and damage, and you looked at this result and went, "Yeah, employee of the month material right there!"

#42 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

View PostKoniving, on 26 July 2013 - 09:25 AM, said:

[/size]

There was, but you gotta have the patterns available when making the mechs available, or it'll be hard to sell them to people who don't have them. Otherwise it's a bad marketing plan. But since the game's up -- now to unless another 500+ damage BJ rampage!

Now if I can just stop being the one to offset a team of medium skill enemy players by being put on a team of trials.
Spoiler

LOL, I have been wading through this for the last few weeks myself.

Been trying to help the n00bs out on stuff when it is painfully obvious they are wet paint new to the game. The most obvious are the guys in the champion Atlas. I stick up for them when the "super elite" guys start typing out stuff I dont want to repeat in chat. We were all new once, and having someone explain where to go find info or even how to enter training grounds to practice movement/torso twist i think goes a long way VS the guys practicing the laws of the intrawebz drooling face-garbage out into gen chat about them.

that said, it can certainly be frustrating to outdamage your whole team combined while dropping in a medium, or watching your whole team minus you and that one other guy that has a clue yet get completely SPLATTERED by like 2 LRM boats. I really hope PGI has a plan with UI 2.0 to create a better drop system instead of balancing teams with ELO. man, you just cant balance a team with ELO scores unless they are all in close proximity to each other. 1 or 2 really decent players doesn not mean the other 6 can be wet paint green vs a team of 8 mediocres. The best atlas pilot ever will still get focus fired and burned rapidly by a team of mostly competent players if the atlas team consists of people trying to figure out how to fire that laser again without shooting the missiles first.

#43 Warge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • LocationKiyiv

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:21 PM

More Assaults? This is bad joke...

#44 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:58 PM

View PostAethos, on 26 July 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

BTW, i did the tourney soley with my PB, and I'm sick of hearing about the hardpoints, they are actually quite good with the right build.

Do tell. I could never come up with a build I was happy with.

#45 Justy Starflare

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

As much as I love the Awesome in TT games on paper in mwobit looks good but in reality the nech sucks @$$ . The huge ct hit box ruins the much. My first mechs I bought and wish I hadn't so many a time I walk into the fight and get cored with no hits registered to the other locations. If you're a new player as I was stay away from the awesome as matter fact stay away from it period its a waste of time, c-bills and mc. Sorry pgi but this much absolutely blows chunks.

#46 Justy Starflare

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

As much as I love the Awesome in TT games on paper in mwobit looks good but in reality the nech sucks @$$ . The huge ct hit box ruins the much. My first mechs I bought and wish I hadn't so many a time I walk into the fight and get cored with no hits registered to the other locations. If you're a new player as I was stay away from the awesome as matter fact stay away from it period its a waste of time, c-bills and mc. Sorry pgi but this much absolutely blows chunks.

#47 Suprentus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:13 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 26 July 2013 - 08:46 AM, said:

Want to turn an 'LRM 30' into an 'LRM 80'? Check out the AWS-8R! Want a nice mix of energy and missiles? Check out the AWS-8T! How about going 85.8 KPH in an assault Mech? Suit up in a 9M!

Want to have a Mech designed to carry 3 PPCs? Well **** you, because we're gonna make that **** overheat!

#48 TheSupergeek

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:57 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 26 July 2013 - 09:20 AM, said:

Of course, the best Atlas (D-DC) was on sale during the tourney...

Played a few games yesterday. One match, we were up against FIVE Atlas DCs. We got roflstomped so hard...

#49 LoveLost85

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 138 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:12 AM

View PostAppogee, on 26 July 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

Do tell. I could never come up with a build I was happy with.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8ee6727de0d600f

#50 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:21 AM

View PostJohn McFianna, on 26 July 2013 - 09:03 AM, said:

...cause there arnt enough Assaults on the field.

Thats why its an Awesome sale...

coughs

that is its a sale for Awesomes, not an AWESOME sale !

#51 rgreat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 851 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:59 AM

View PostLoveLost85, on 27 July 2013 - 07:12 AM, said:

What a pile of goo...

#52 LoveLost85

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 138 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:05 AM

View Postrgreat, on 27 July 2013 - 09:59 AM, said:

What a pile of goo...

sorry, not enough PPCs for you, too many weapon groups?

#53 VikingN1nja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 607 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:18 AM

I have one awesome it's an 8v and is fun I can do 3ppc and 3 streaks or lasers and srm's even 3 lrm 15's with 4 mlas and all 300 std.............. but too slow it...

NEEDS ENGINE CAP OF 360! :D

Edited by omegaorgun, 27 July 2013 - 10:21 AM.

#54 rgreat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 851 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:55 AM

View PostLoveLost85, on 27 July 2013 - 10:05 AM, said:

sorry, not enough PPCs for you, too many weapon groups?

Too little DPS for assault mech... in fact too little even for a light mech.
Too much heat, too little dissipation.

It suck both in close and at long range.

#55 rgreat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 851 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:05 AM

If you want something along these lines try this:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...40dc161ef4b152c

#56 GizmoGecko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 321 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:53 AM

I don't think the Awesome needs any changes, although whoever thought it would be a good idea to give the Pretty Baby a slower rate of deceleration is an absolutely unpleasant individual, and this characteristic may come as a shock if you ever decide to purchase the 'mech.

The Pretty Baby however is my pride and joy:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...db938d4e95c980a

SRMs on the arm really help for some odd reason in situations, and I usually prefer them on the torso.

This 8V was my one and only love for a few months:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...dba900652256e77

And now with the SRM buff and arty, it feels like having an AC/36 ;). It also seems like a perk to be able to have all those 18 missiles fire at once, 'cause the Victor annoyingly can't.

Edited by GizmoGecko, 28 July 2013 - 04:08 AM.

#57 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:32 PM

Umm, the Victor 9S can carry 3 SRM6 packs.

#58 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:02 AM

I feel mocked by this sale.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users