40 replies to this topic

#1 Mar Helmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 233 posts
  • LocationIronhold City, Ironhold, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:36 AM

Anyone from my old unit hanging around this forum? You would have known me as Galaxy Commander JF_Dev_Helmer (aka JF_Devourer_Kwi). I know Loremaster JF_Fury_Ravenwater and Star Colonel JF_Crazy_Icaza (aka JF_CrazyGamerVI) are around here somewhere but I do not want to out my friends' new callsigns without their permission. So, anyone going to answer my call to arms? B)

#2 Aethon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:11 PM

Not a Jade Falcon myself, but I was in the VL Clan Wolf, led by Marialle Radick, and I remember fighting you lot...good fights, those were.

Glad to see some of you are coming here as well.

#3 Mar Helmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 233 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:18 PM

Aff! What was your callsign? I'd rather link up with an old war buddy and those scrims and matches were tons of fun. Between you guys and the Diamond Sharks we were never short on friends to stomp and get stomped by.

#4 Aethon

• Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:42 AM

I was CW_Sturmgreif at the time...and I remember the Diamond Sharks as well. Even though we had a no-mercs policy, we still dropped with them on occasion...cool guys.

#5 Mar Helmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 233 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:15 AM

Sorry to say I don't remember you personally... but it was a LONG time ago. I'll friend you in the game once that's added in though. ;)

#6 Aethon

• Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:49 AM

No worries, lol...I'm pretty terrible with names; I can only remember 4 of CW's former members...no idea what they're up to these days though.

#7 Thoman Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 225 posts
  • LocationClan Occupation zone

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:20 AM

Wow!! Hello guys, nice to see you old VL Jade Falcons and Wolves here. I remembered Marialle Radick well, used to chat with her back in VL when we used to play with and against Wolves. Is she going to regroup Wolf for MWO?
You guys probably won't remember me, old tag was DS_Thoman, khan of Diamond Sharks in VL ;), been such a long time, I forgot a lot of the names either, but still remember teams.

Edited by Taigen, 13 June 2012 - 05:23 AM.

#8 Mar Helmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 233 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:16 AM

THOMAN. I KNEW YOU. WE WERE FRIENDS. You and your guys were awesome! Always happy to chill, pug, scrim, practice, or do an epic hour-long matches with absurd bidding. In fact, JF's first Top 20 finish was largely thanks to DS: MKG—then ranked #20—was being their usual arrogant jerk selves and pissed you off with smack talk so some of your guys decided it would be funny if JF—ranked about 25th at the time, DS was around #40 I believe—suddenly had a points explosion and booted them out of the Top 20 on the last day of the cycle. So we did a series of 15-30 minute 8v8s which JF wound up winning and accomplished our goal.

Jeez, you guys were so chill I got freezer burn. There was nobody in VL I'd have rather hung out with. My only regret was that Clanners couldn't hire each other so we never got to stomp together. But: Fond memories of pubstomping with my Diamond Shark friends.

You know, between DS and CW I never had a dull time on the MSN Gaming Zone, even if none of the other Falcons were around. Thanks for the nostalgia trip, gents. What say we team up in MWO (at least until we're allowed to return to our own Clans)? ;)

Edited by Mar Helmer, 13 June 2012 - 06:17 AM.

#9 Thoman Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 225 posts
  • LocationClan Occupation zone

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:56 AM

Hell no wonder I did not recognize the name, I kept looking at Mar Helmer and can't make a connection, then I saw JF_Devourer_Kwi! That's the name I knew you in VL. I also recalled your team mate JF_Rez.
Fun times in deed, when we moved from SL to VL, those battles against JF helped us a lot in getting the hang of VL third person play, we took a lot of beating and learning from many teams. JF was always gracious when winning. It was you or Rez, who I poked for tips and inputs on VL play after a frostbite beating. I hopped on your comms and I recalled point 1, no voice comm , I used to type everything :lol: , you said omg you must get voice comm organized ;) !! Plus other good inputs. In the following cycles, DS marched steadily from bottom 40 to top 20, top 10 until we finally reached our goal to be top 3 for 1 cycle. Thanks to fun people like JF, CW and some other good teams that kept it fun for people win or lose thus they stick around in the community instead of leaving.

I still have contacts with some former DS, I will definitely point them here to check this thread out and you guys for teaming up.

As for myself, I now live in Australia, tough region to play with the rest of the world time zone wise and ping wise, most likely will be lone wolf :o .

#10 SageOfBattle

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:57 AM

I was in the VL Clans, but in a more minor one, Clan Diamond Wolf. I used to go by CDW_Sunder. I can remember looking at how big some of the other Clans were and thinking "How the hell do we beat them?" ^_^

#11 Leorik

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:40 PM

Don't know if i stromped around teh gaming zone or not with any of you except Thoman. But I was and will always be a Diamond Shark thanks to Thoman and the gang. Went by the call sign DS_LeorikSennet(although i never did earn the blood name if i recalled. came close but no cigar)

#12 Kellendon

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

I believe I was in Dark Wolf, though I could be remembering the name completely wrong, MW4 was ages ago. I remember fighting you guys though.

#13 Daisu Saikoro

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:11 AM

View PostAethon, on 11 June 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

Not a Jade Falcon myself, but I was in the VL Clan Wolf, led by Marialle Radick, and I remember fighting you lot...good fights, those were.

Glad to see some of you are coming here as well.

I remember Marialle. She was really cool and a strong pilot and I spent many a great day staring down her ER cannons.

View PostTaigen, on 13 June 2012 - 05:20 AM, said:

Wow!! Hello guys, nice to see you old VL Jade Falcons and Wolves here. I remembered Marialle Radick well, used to chat with her back in VL when we used to play with and against Wolves. Is she going to regroup Wolf for MWO?
You guys probably won't remember me, old tag was DS_Thoman, khan of Diamond Sharks in VL ;), been such a long time, I forgot a lot of the names either, but still remember teams.

Oh, there you are Thoman. my old tag was DS_daisusaikoro I believe for anyone wondering who I is. :(

Good to see good people still knocking about, aff?

#14 TKG

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 182 posts
  • LocationThe Sandhills of NC

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:33 AM

I recall fighting you guys a couple times, across a few different factions. Good to know some of you are coming out of hibernation for MWO.

#15 Aethon

• Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:27 PM

View PostTaigen, on 13 June 2012 - 05:20 AM, said:

You guys probably won't remember me, old tag was DS_Thoman, khan of Diamond Sharks in VL :D, been such a long time, I forgot a lot of the names either, but still remember teams.

Hey Thoman! Good to see you again. I distinctly recall your making a good enough impression on Mari for her to invite the Diamond Sharks to drop with us; DS was the only unit that ever had the dubious honor of sharing the wolftime with us, lol. :D

Unfortunately, I haven't heard from Marialle or all but one of the Wolves in years...not since VL folded. I was the last active member of the unit; I ended up doing VL 1v1's for the last year or so, before I gave up. Everyone else in the unit just had too much going on in real life at the time. As for a regroup...I imagine they'll be around, but I have no idea what their screennames are, etc.

View PostSageOfBattle, on 13 June 2012 - 11:57 AM, said:

I was in the VL Clans, but in a more minor one, Clan Diamond Wolf. I used to go by CDW_Sunder. I can remember looking at how big some of the other Clans were and thinking "How the hell do we beat them?" :D

I never dropped with you, but I distinctly remember running into you in open games, on more than one occation. :D

Edited by Aethon, 17 June 2012 - 02:27 PM.

#16 Mar Helmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 233 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:47 PM

I lurve all of you and we should be allies unless and until we can return to our rightful clans. :)

#17 Aethon

• Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:21 PM

View PostMar Helmer, on 17 June 2012 - 04:47 PM, said:

I lurve all of you and we should be allies unless and until we can return to our rightful clans. :)

You'll have to throw your lot in with the Captain-General, if you want that to happen. :P

#18 Mar Helmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 233 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:02 AM

View PostAethon, on 17 June 2012 - 11:21 PM, said:

You'll have to throw your lot in with the Captain-General, if you want that to happen. ;)

I would but he won't be invaded by JF next year so I'd have no hope of being taken as a bondsman. :angry:

#19 StingerPryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:41 PM

Crap, people are still alive.

#20 Buddha

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:14 PM

Holy cow, I'm pleasantly surprised to see JF is still around and kicking! I was a member of Clan Diamond Wolf during Series 9 of MW4VL, can't say that you guys didn't frustrate the hell out of us XD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users