Lrms Too Strong

117 replies to this topic

Poll: Nerf LRMs? (292 member(s) have cast votes)

Let's ask the devs to Nerf the LRMs.

1. Yes (26 votes [8.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.93%

2. Voted No (265 votes [91.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 91.07%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Shadowdusk

• PipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 80 posts
  • LocationIn the depths of nowhere.

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:22 AM

Please nerf the LRMS. Since the patch where they got buffed they are too strong and are being abused way too much by players. The biggest problem is not the damage but how they arch and track. LRMs also don't automatically explode once they reached their maximum distance. Their spread is too tight. And yes even their damage is a bit high. I am getting so tired of people running LRM Boat squads and then sit back and kill everyone while being defended. To me it feels like cheating, the fact they don't even have to engage. Too many games are won like this. It is not fair. I am asking for LRMs to be nerfed. Please. Nerf them. At lease spread out the damage, don't have them tighten too much. And please remove this tracking nonsense where the LRMS can target and seek you even when noone has any line of sight, tag, or narc on you.

SRMs is another problem. Too many people are using SRM spam builds. And one shotting just about everyone. I am asking for SRMs to have a higher heat build up or a longer cooldown. Make it so people will think twice before getting 6 to 8 SRMs on a mech and go around one shotting people. You did it with the AC/20s, to make it harder for people to spam them. Why can't you do it with SRMs?

I read the patch notes and I will tell you this from experience, it's not enough. LRMS are too over powered. And guess what, not every mech have ECM.

#2 Boyinleaves

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:13 AM

There is already a heat penalty for firing more than 3 SRMs (6s).

No-one is spamming 8 SRMs at a time.

Not every mech needs ECM.

The kind of tactics you're describing in your first paragraph sounds exactly like what missile boats should do. Fair enough, some balancing is still required for all weapons, but LRMs in particular aren't too bad right now, unless you can't be bothered to find cover.

Edited by Boyinleaves, 27 July 2013 - 02:23 AM.

#3 w0rm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:24 AM

Learn to cover. LRM's are fine. SRM's are fine.

#4 Otto Cannon

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:45 AM

When you've been playing longer you'll realise that LRMs are not scary because you'll learn to avoid them properly. Try using them for a while and see if you get massive highscores with multiple kills every match- even at the lowest Elo level they're not the superweapon you think they are, and at higher competitive levels they're almost useless.

#5 Shadowdusk

• PipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:45 AM

No. Even if you take cover the LRMs still hit. They are buggy and overpowered. They need to be toned down. Only people who say the LRM and SRM are fine are those who do nothing but spam them. Cause they are getting easy kills and easy wins.

#6 jakucha

• Knight Errant
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:52 AM

View PostShadowdusk, on 27 July 2013 - 02:45 AM, said:

No. Even if you take cover the LRMs still hit. They are buggy and overpowered. They need to be toned down. Only people who say the LRM and SRM are fine are those who do nothing but spam them. Cause they are getting easy kills and easy wins.

I disagree. As someone who doesn't use LRMs, they're very easy to avoid, but capable of doing damage if the enemy is out in the open. Not so much overpowered, just somewhat useful compared to past times.

#7 Sean von Steinike

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:58 AM

~Yawn~ No more deadly than other weapon system and unlike direct fire weapons, there is equipment that be used to mitigate them, namely ECM and AMS.

#8 Shadowdusk

• PipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:20 AM

View Postjakucha, on 27 July 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:

I disagree. As someone who doesn't use LRMs, they're very easy to avoid, but capable of doing damage if the enemy is out in the open. Not so much overpowered, just somewhat useful compared to past times.

Dude, you are wrong there. They are not easy to avoid. Trust me. I been doing games where cowards are using nothing but LRM boats, 2 to 3 boats at a time and they are ripping us apart. I have taken cover behind walls, under tunnels and bridges and still got hit. They follow you even if you try to outrun them. AMS doesn't do much. And Less then a handful of mech variants use ECM. I have AMS and I can't do anything because LRMs are flying and arching down the other side of the wall and still hitting me. Ever since they got buffed they are just clipping through obstacles and taking out targets way too easily. Like I said, those who boast that LRMs are useful and "balanced" are those who focus on using them and don't want them actually balanced for real. Because you are getting good scores with them. But from experience, they are over powered. And don't talk to me like I am new at this. Don't give me "tips" on how to dodge them. I have tried every trick in the book and I am telling you they need to be re-worked. PDI made a terrible mistake with the LRM/SRM patch boost. At the very least, they should be given a massive heat increase. Or have their damage toned down.

#9 Pando

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationDeep, deep inside _____.

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:26 AM

My vote has spoken!

#10 Ragnar Darkmane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 459 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:53 AM

Oh look, ANOTHER "nurf LRM pleaze!" poll. Seriously, we have about, what, 4 per week right now?
Well, the poll results say it all.

#11 jakucha

• Knight Errant
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:16 AM

View PostShadowdusk, on 27 July 2013 - 03:20 AM, said:

Dude, you are wrong there. They are not easy to avoid. Trust me. I been doing games where cowards are using nothing but LRM boats, 2 to 3 boats at a time and they are ripping us apart. I have taken cover behind walls, under tunnels and bridges and still got hit. They follow you even if you try to outrun them. AMS doesn't do much. And Less then a handful of mech variants use ECM. I have AMS and I can't do anything because LRMs are flying and arching down the other side of the wall and still hitting me. Ever since they got buffed they are just clipping through obstacles and taking out targets way too easily. Like I said, those who boast that LRMs are useful and "balanced" are those who focus on using them and don't want them actually balanced for real. Because you are getting good scores with them. But from experience, they are over powered. And don't talk to me like I am new at this. Don't give me "tips" on how to dodge them. I have tried every trick in the book and I am telling you they need to be re-worked. PDI made a terrible mistake with the LRM/SRM patch boost. At the very least, they should be given a massive heat increase. Or have their damage toned down.

If it wasn't clear before, I said I never use LRMs. I don't have trouble avoiding them either.

#12 Randalf Yorgen

• 1,026 posts
  • Locationwith in 3m of the exposed Arcons rear ct

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:24 AM

View PostShadowdusk, on 27 July 2013 - 02:45 AM, said:

This is how you get them to stop hitting you with LRMs if you're a brawler, you get right up close to the biggest guy on their team and play bumpy chest with him. LRMs explode when they hit SOMETHING, not just you. After the biggest and baddest guy on their team is being beat to snot by his own LRMs he'll be begging them to stop. If you are not a brawler then break LOS (line of sight with ALL enemy, duck down and (this is the most important part) MOVE, after you shoot once or twice and don't come back up in the same spot, LRM's will fly right past you.

SRM's are also simple to beat, it's called ranged weapons, like LRMs. also moving fast and getting in tight will help keep the srms from hitting you

#13 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:30 AM

The part I love about these threads is there is always some guy who tries to tell me most people want LRM's nerfed.

2 yes...24 no.

lol.

Learn to play, seriously. Instead of asking for LRM's to be nerfed, ask people how to deal with them.

And you sure as hell better have AMS on your mech if you are asking for LRM nerfs.

#14 Jonny Taco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 706 posts
  • Locationan island

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:35 AM

I'd personally just nerf ecm first, then see How LRMS play out in their current state. If they are considered a bit too strong at that point, drop their damage by like .1 and see how things play out.

#15 KKRonkka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:42 AM

I think LRMs are fine now. AMS is still dead weight, though, which makes those hard to counter. Buffing of AMS is needed... But it requires hellova amount of lurms to kill a mech with current damage, and light mechs are partially invulnerable to any weapon thanks to hit detection.

I say that when I see volleys of LRMs shot towards me my reaction is " better to head towards cover asap", when it has been "Oh no I'm dead" and "how cute, fireworks" in previous LRM damage options. My 2 cents as LRM40+artemis user and as a target.

#16 Randalf Yorgen

• 1,026 posts
  • Locationwith in 3m of the exposed Arcons rear ct

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:48 AM

If you're not able to get away from the LRMs then they probably have a spotter looking at you, remember that whole "Role Warfare" thingy that gets talked about every once in a while? I can easily dodge LRMs with hight walls and rock cliffs.

And you are new at this, 11 posts in one day and a member since may 25 this year but no one is saying you are a dolt so you don't need to get so standoffish. People are making suggestions and telling you how they beat the LRMs that are flying at them. Just because you don't want to take what they are suggesting and try it for yourself doesn't mean we are attacking you, it just means that you haven't learned what the saying "There's more than one way to skin a cat" means. swallow some of that pride and try what is being suggested. Don't rush out in the open, use cover and plan your path, stay close to an ECM equipt mech if you can, take out the enemy scouts and spotters as fast as you can with out exposing yourself. Wait for the enemy to come to you and defend YOUR lrm boats from their fast movers, work as a team, even if you don't want to join TS or Mumble or Vent or want to drop as a group with friends of yours. Do your part and help your team, don't run out in the open, on your own and then cry when the sky turns black with the smoke from LRMs that are arcing towards you.

#17 soarra

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,312 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:18 AM

lrm damage is fine, but their pathing is sometimes buggy and they hit ct a bit too much.

#18 Royalewithcheese

• 2,342 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:35 AM

I have taken cover behind walls, under tunnels and bridges and still got hit.

The solution there is to obtain ECM and/or better cover. Pay attention to the new LRM trajectory, and pick cover that stops that.

#19 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,724 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:40 AM

Seriously dude don't stand in an open field in a rainstorm.

#20 Shadowdusk

• PipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:55 AM

Thats not true. Its impossible to fight when there's nothing but LRMs flying at you. And stop saying "ECM ECM ECM" ECM is very rare. If PGI really cared about Mech balance they'd add ECM or better AMS. Right now the entire game play revolves around LRMs. They need to be better balanced.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users