#1 mack sabbath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:15 PM

Despite 2 support tickets and 16 months of community feedback with similar issues, my gauss rifle only registers actual hits 33% of the time....so yeah MINE isn't OP and is balanced quite nicely for my enemies.

Of course after losing 14 in a row in the short bus division this weekend, watching the most brain damaged playing and the most vulgar and foul mouthed responses to simple, polite instructions, I could be carrying a nuclear arsenal and these idiots would still find a way to lose!

But until my ballistic weapons actually WORK when they shoot someone point blank at 10 meters, I need no more "balancing."

In fact, I truly regret giving these people $80 when I'm about to let 11 more days of premium time run out and uninstall. When you lose 85% of all your games because either you or your team get disconnected or can't move a mech without choking on their own tongue, this really isn't fun in any way.

Add to it, a weapon that only works for some people while some of us are shooting air while PGI says they aren't smart enough to fix it after over a year....hell use that PP money and HIRE someone to do it.

Yeah, that'll happen, lol.

Edited by Die Primate Die, 27 July 2013 - 01:30 PM.

#2 Hexenhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:19 PM

people have been complaining about hit detection since day one. We all feel for you.

#3 mack sabbath

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

I just wish they'd worry more about fixing something so broken before planning new features and money grabs.

#4 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:51 PM

I assume it is being worked on but its not an easy fix. If it was it would have already been done. Is it frustrating? Yeah because its been around for so long and after a year+ one would think it'd be fixed. But its not so its either really deep, or PGI doesn't have the people that can fix it.

#5 Nauht

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

This is a fundamental problem. This is a shooter game where your shots do not register.

It doesn't get more basic than that.

If it's HSR, then roll it back. If it's Cryengine, then scrap it and get an engine that can cope with the basics. If it's server related, then invest more in the hardware.

I shudder to read the reviews from official reviewers about this upon release if this problem is not fixed.

#6 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:02 PM

View PostNauht, on 27 July 2013 - 04:56 PM, said:

I shudder to read the reviews from official reviewers about this upon release if this problem is not fixed.

If its still in the game when it goes live, every review will have a big, fat, massive, 'but' in it.

But it would be good if
But it's broken at a fundamental level
But.
But.
But.

Edited by Hexenhammer, 28 July 2013 - 10:06 PM.

#7 Xandre Blackheart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationIn the "cockpit".

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:42 PM

Broke **** is broke?

Cryengine has aimbots for sale, fundamental programming errors in the underlying code, inability to do basic things like picture in picture, and we're surprised if has terrible physics limitations?

PGI + Cryengine has moved from making me hopeful about a mechwarrior game to wanting to punch myself in the balls for daring to hope.

#8 mack sabbath

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:37 AM

View PostXandre Blackheart, on 27 July 2013 - 11:42 PM, said:

Broke **** is broke?

Cryengine has aimbots for sale, fundamental programming errors in the underlying code, inability to do basic things like picture in picture, and we're surprised if has terrible physics limitations?

PGI + Cryengine has moved from making me hopeful about a mechwarrior game to wanting to punch myself in the balls for daring to hope.

I feel the same and wish to God I hadn't forked over that 80 bucks for PP, when they surely still won't have this problem fixed. I mean going on 2 years and it STILL is broken?

#9 Nauht

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

View PostDie Primate Die, on 28 July 2013 - 08:37 AM, said:

I feel the same and wish to God I hadn't forked over that 80 bucks for PP, when they surely still won't have this problem fixed. I mean going on 2 years and it STILL is broken?

No you're wrong there. In thhe past it was always netcode/ping related problems.

You just had to lead more and compensate for your lag but you could still hit the enemy and the damage would register. This was particularly evident when collisions were in, a light would be basically dead as soon as it fell over - guaranteed it would get alpha'ed. The vets realised to wait 1 sec for the netcode to adjust the mech position and then fire

This hit detection problem where no hit at all is being registered is a relatively new thing that came after HSR.

Mind you when HSR was first implemented everything was sweet - nearly everyone on the forums were with praise and poor light pilots complaining on the forums for another crutch to use with lagshield gone.
Then they started messing around with packets and everything's gone downhill from there.

If it relates to HSR they should roll it back. At least I could compensate for lag and still kill stuff then.

#10 Crazycajun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 356 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

In honesty.. there are games that been round since '00.. ww2 comes to mind..that STILL have bad hit detection..

this is prob mostly because of the engine choice they made.... crysis is only so good = /... what i'd given for unreal or the other..can't think of the name.

#11 OneEyed Jack

• 2,500 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

View PostNauht, on 28 July 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

No you're wrong there. In thhe past it was always netcode/ping related problems.

You just had to lead more and compensate for your lag but you could still hit the enemy and the damage would register.

Misleading.

The lead amount was a guess, since you didn't know what the target's precise ping was at the precise moment you fired. You could hit them, but just because you visibly saw the shot hit did not in any way mean that it did. The overall effect was similar to now, but a lot worse. Suggesting that the pre-HSR hit problems could be compensated for is correct, but only in theory and not really an accurate assessment.

#12 Nauht

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:52 PM

If only EA didn't own Frostbite.

Or if we're happy with indestructible environments, check out http://www.outerra.com/index.html

#13 Ecrof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:07 PM

Imagine how fast mechs will die when the hrs and hit boxes are fixed. :rolleyes:

#14 Nauht

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:28 AM

View PostOneEyed Jack, on 28 July 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

Misleading.

The lead amount was a guess, since you didn't know what the target's precise ping was at the precise moment you fired. You could hit them, but just because you visibly saw the shot hit did not in any way mean that it did. The overall effect was similar to now, but a lot worse. Suggesting that the pre-HSR hit problems could be compensated for is correct, but only in theory and not really an accurate assessment.

No, hits registered. What's great about humans is that most improve and learn.. most. And after a while people could compensate for lag (theirs and the enemy) and could lead enough to hit with ballistic weapons. If not hitscan lasers can sweep the mech and still do damage.

This was not hit detection problems - it was lagshield problems (ie netcode). This was clearly evident cos you could hit the fatlases and other bigger movers all the time. It was just the fast 130+ kph lights that a person had trouble initially. Not to mention as I said earlier, a light would cope a full alpha to the leg when it collided with someone and the netcode caught up and you could then shoot.

No problems with damage registering then.

Now with hit detection problems even some alphas are not registering on big or dead easy targets.. like stationary mechs. This problem came after HSR.

EDIT: I dunno about you but after a while I could hit moving lights with the then borked PPC fire delay and all. Took a bit to relearn how to lead with them again when delay was fixed.

Edited by Nauht, 29 July 2013 - 12:29 AM.

#15 William Mountbank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 671 posts
  • LocationBayern

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:18 AM

I just had a match where I fired 6 Gauss shots at a moving Spider, of which 5 hit and the Spider was killed.

From this we can all agree that the Gauss needs to be buffed and the Spider hitboxes are totally OP.

#16 mack sabbath

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

Between borked hit detection and now all this game freezing, it seems the more they "fix" things, the more this becomes an unplayable mess.

I truly want this game to succeed, but if it goes live in this sorry state, the bad rep alone will kill off all prospective customers, I'm afraid.

Edited by Die Primate Die, 29 July 2013 - 08:47 PM.

#17 Brilig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 667 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

Someone posted about it a while back, and this just reminded me of it. I saw a lot of hit detection issues when using ballistic type weapons in arm mounts. I tried my Hunchback 4-G, and very rarely did I see a shot not register. Has anyone else had more trouble with arm mounted weapons over torso mounted?

#18 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:58 PM

80-90% of no-registers are bad aim.

10-20% are actual server problems.

over a year now, and while noregs do happen, esp at higher pings, they are nowhere near the ridiculous levels some people like to claim.

#19 ARCTICF0X

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:06 PM

View PostNauht, on 28 July 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

Mind you when HSR was first implemented everything was sweet - nearly everyone on the forums were with praise

Precisely this ^

The first implemented HSR for energy weapons worked perfectly...
Then ballistics followed and things were still fine.
It was when HSR for missiles came in that ruined everything before it.

Please roll it back...

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users