89 replies to this topic

#21 akpavker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 332 posts
  • Locationsydney australia

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

View PostRalgas, on 29 July 2013 - 05:59 AM, said:

typical statement from a noob that hasn't followed the boating nerfs coming this week and doesn't use ams in groups

i use ams but ams dose not help whebn 3-5 mechs fire missiles at you all at the same time. and like i stat in the OP trajetory is broken artmis is broken.

View PostDamocles69, on 29 July 2013 - 08:30 AM, said:

Indirect fire was a bad idea... it is simply not fun to get shot when you can't shoot back. Are they overpowered? No. The damage and trajectory feel about right. It just sucks they can hide behind a while and hit you as long as a friend of theirs keeps LOS.

im fine with the damage but the trajectory is wrong atm sorry

View PostDamocles69, on 29 July 2013 - 08:30 AM, said:

Indirect fire was a bad idea... it is simply not fun to get shot when you can't shoot back. Are they overpowered? No. The damage and trajectory feel about right. It just sucks they can hide behind a while and hit you as long as a friend of theirs keeps LOS.

im fine with the damage but the trajectory is wrong atm sorry

#22 JingleHell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:15 PM

View Postakpavker, on 29 July 2013 - 04:12 PM, said:

i use ams but ams dose not help whebn 3-5 mechs fire missiles at you all at the same time. and like i stat in the OP trajetory is broken artmis is broken.

One mech can't fit 2.5 tons to hardcounter infinity mechs using LRM? BUFF AMS!

I mean really?

Had a game on caustic earlier where 3+ LRM boats were completely neutered by AMS. We fought in the shade and lost 2 or 3 total mechs crushing them, even when we couldn't use terrain to stop the things.

#23 Trauglodyte

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

LRMs are fine. Most LRM users just spam their missiles with no care about whether they're hitting or not and a lot of less seasoned (I don't like using "skill" in terms of player capabilities) either don't carry AMS, don't stay with their teams who may or may not have AMS, or just don't recognize that stopping out in the open against one or more LRM boats will lead to certain death. I like LRMs as a means of leveling up unwanted chassis variants (doing it right now on my Victor) but there is a HUGE difference between the OP nature of someone that knows how to use them well (I'm still learning but I've gotten a lot better) and the uber bads that sit back, wait for someone to lock on a target, and blindly spam missiles. The OP LRM users are running 75+ KPH skirting the battle group to find someone in direct LOS so that they can dump double ALRM20s into their face or using intermittent LRM usage to keep targets pinned so that they, or their friends, can get into direct LOS. Idiots boating LRMs just do OP damage by way of skill-less button mashing when they could be much more effective dropping some tubes, adding in some tier 2 tech, learning to drive, and supplementing their LRMs with other weapons so that they're not able to be pinned when within 180m of a target.

#24 Craeshen

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

ams works extremely well if more than 1 player fits it.

#25 akpavker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 332 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

View PostCraeshen, on 29 July 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

ams works extremely well if more than 1 player fits it.

not every 1 fits ams but do they. i do but so many pugs dont

Edited by akpavker, 29 July 2013 - 06:31 PM.

#26 Craeshen

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

View Postakpavker, on 29 July 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

not every 1 fits but do they. i do but so many pugs dont

as do i on my poor hunchie seeing as getting that thing upto a speed to dodge lrm's is not happening.

#27 akpavker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 332 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

View PostCraeshen, on 29 July 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

as do i on my poor hunchie seeing as getting that thing upto a speed to dodge lrm's is not happening.

yes its even worse if you play a brawler most carry close range weapons and are forced to go into the open to engage the enemy.

#28 Crazycajun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 356 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

View PostLordBraxton, on 29 July 2013 - 06:06 AM, said:

In my opinion LRMs are not OP

But nor are they a fun game mechanic

I think their flight speed is a little too fast

and their trajectory is a little too high (it DOES bypass way too much cover)

But they should be pretty devastating if caught in the open

My issue is that on maps like forest colony, Most of the cliffs do not provide cover from LRMs, only cover from locks.

With the advanced decay module in play, hugging cover wont save you at all.

to fast? ...what ever your taking i want some of....

on top of that u have several diff kind of ways of know their coming.. not to mention if ur out pass 700m u can literally tell if their coming to u...

their arc is exactly as it should be... they were never meant to go STRAIGHT out from the tubes at ground lvl..now the dive down might be debatable...

cmon folks...stop calling for nerfs to **** just cause u die to it ...

#29 FactorlanP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

LRMs are fine as is...

A smart LRM chucker can do huge amounts of damage. A smart LRM chucker with team mates actively spotting can do insane amounts of damage.

A poor LRM chucker with no friends to help out will do very poorly.

The only reason that this isn't properly playing out at the upper Elo end of things is that the PPC/Gauss meta is still seriously broken.

Edited by FactorlanP, 29 July 2013 - 07:02 PM.

#30 Taemien

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,576 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:01 PM

OP, here is a diagram on how to turn LRMs from an Overpowered weapon, to an Underpowered one. No AMS, ECM, or crazy equipment is required. Its also been tested on mechs as slow as 45kph:

Posted Image

No need to make complaints or requests for balance changes.

#31 Fugu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

They are fine and dandy. Cover, ECM and AMS work wonders.
If one lacks all of those, sure, you're in for a bad time. That's how it should be. Oterwise, they'd be useless.

#32 Navy Sixes

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationHeading west

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:00 PM

View PostLordBraxton, on 29 July 2013 - 06:12 AM, said:

Until you pilot a mech going ~70 or below, you don't understand how ridiculously stupid LRMs can be on maps without adequate cover.

I'm grinding an A1 for basic at the moment (no speed tweak, yet). Top speed is 64kph. There are a few times I've gotten impatient, done one of the stupid things I love it when someone on the other side does, and paid the price. Other times I have no problem maneuvering out of the way of the bulk of incoming... sometimes going backwards. My AMS takes another bite out of the damage. I run with maxed armor (essential, OT! Drop one of those medium lasers you're probably missing with anyway and fix this.) so unless it's a pretty impressive salvo, (or again, I have gotten impatient and done something stupid) it's usually nothing I can't shrug off.

They say that when your ELO gets high enough, LRM's are easily negated and therefore discouraged. That's a pity. Cat's will be the first mech I master and I'm gonna miss 'em. Ah, well... when that happens I guess I'll get started on the Shadowhawk.

But for now, my initial choice feels finally vindicated; for the past few weeks it's been really fun to drive a Cat.

#33 akpavker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 332 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

View PostFactorlanP, on 29 July 2013 - 07:00 PM, said:

LRMs are fine as is...

A smart LRM chucker can do huge amounts of damage. A smart LRM chucker with team mates actively spotting can do insane amounts of damage.

A poor LRM chucker with no friends to help out will do very poorly.

The only reason that this isn't properly playing out at the upper Elo end of things is that the PPC/Gauss meta is still seriously broken.

ppc's have been nerfed to no end i dont know how you can say there still broken. not to mention that the alfa nerf is going to stop ppc and erppc from being fired together tomorrow with the heat nerf.jump snipers get cabin shake. mean while lrm's have been buffed with speed increase trajectory change and unlike streaks lrms hit center torso with every missle and to top that off artemis is broken as it works with out being in line of sight of the target

Edited by akpavker, 29 July 2013 - 08:28 PM.

#34 akpavker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 332 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:25 PM

View PostTaemien, on 29 July 2013 - 07:01 PM, said:

OP, here is a diagram on how to turn LRMs from an Overpowered weapon, to an Underpowered one. No AMS, ECM, or crazy equipment is required. Its also been tested on mechs as slow as 45kph:

Posted Image

No need to make complaints or requests for balance changes.

there is one problem with this picture.......there is no spotter and sorry but it is broken becaue when i stand behind a 10 story building for cover the lrm's shouldnt be hiting me

#35 Taemien

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,576 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:57 AM

View Postakpavker, on 29 July 2013 - 08:25 PM, said:

there is one problem with this picture.......there is no spotter and sorry but it is broken becaue when i stand behind a 10 story building for cover the lrm's shouldnt be hiting me

You're going to lose 2v1, no matter if its LRMs, PPCs, ACs, Lasers, or Gauss Rifles. Don't fight in 2v1 situations.

As for the building, my illustration still works. LRMs home in on the location last seen, if you're still standing there, you get hit. Don't stand there. Anyone still getting hit by LRMs behind cover these days just simply aren't piloting correctly. Sorry buddy, but if a 45kph Atlas or Stalker (I've tested this) can avoid LRMs, anyone can.

#36 The Mech behind you

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationGermany, Northern Baden-Württemberg

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:38 AM

oh no not this topic again

There are many ways to turn LRMs useless you just need the experience to know how. Also some state that those counters don't work if there are many LRM boats on the other team. Ok but there's no difference to any other weapon systems if they come in high numbers. How do you counter 4 AC40 Jagers if they work together, how do you counter 4 of those PPC Stalkers if they work together, how do you counter 4 3SRM6 Cents or even 4 Spiders.

Try this: Make a LRM-boat yourself and learn their weakness this way. Or how to avoid getting hit by one just by watching the guys you try to kill with it.

I guess you're not long enough around here but LRMs right now are the best balanced LRMs we ever had. When it comes to LRMs be careful about what you wish. The patch history with LRMs showed that every slight change could turn them into REALLY overpowered.

#37 akpavker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 332 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:49 AM

View PostTaemien, on 30 July 2013 - 12:57 AM, said:

You're going to lose 2v1, no matter if its LRMs, PPCs, ACs, Lasers, or Gauss Rifles. Don't fight in 2v1 situations.

As for the building, my illustration still works. LRMs home in on the location last seen, if you're still standing there, you get hit. Don't stand there. Anyone still getting hit by LRMs behind cover these days just simply aren't piloting correctly. Sorry buddy, but if a 45kph Atlas or Stalker (I've tested this) can avoid LRMs, anyone can.

well maby your not up to scratch...ive taken 2 on 1 before and beat the odds.yes its not often you win on 2v1 but it can be done.but eather way i wouldnt class a spider siting 500 meters away out of sight with a tag on me while his mate fires his missiles over most forms of cover a fair 2 on 1 fight. so sorry bud but even if you are behind cover for a whole fight ....if your taged your going to get hit by lrm's no matter where u stand and very much lily die!!

#38 akpavker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 332 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:58 AM

View PostNorman Kosh, on 30 July 2013 - 01:38 AM, said:

There are many ways to turn LRMs useless you just need the experience to know how. Also some state that those counters don't work if there are many LRM boats on the other team. Ok but there's no difference to any other weapon systems if they come in high numbers. How do you counter 4 AC40 Jagers if they work together, how do you counter 4 of those PPC Stalkers if they work together, how do you counter 4 3SRM6 Cents or even 4 Spiders.

Try this: Make a LRM-boat yourself and learn their weakness this way. Or how to avoid getting hit by one just by watching the guys you try to kill with it.

I guess you're not long enough around here but LRMs right now are the best balanced LRMs we ever had. When it comes to LRMs be careful about what you wish. The patch history with LRMs showed that every slight change could turn them into REALLY overpowered.

well ive lvled 39 mechs to or past elite and done over 4500 drops so i guess i havnt been around long at all hay? and once again i dont see how when lrm's can hit you while behind cover is classed as well balanced. fair enough if i get caught in the open i get what i deserve but ive played matchs lately where you get hit be hind cover then die trying to find a better hiding spot. yea lrm's are realy well balance atm.....keep telling your self that if it makes you feal better about useing the noob easy button!!

View Postakpavker, on 29 July 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

ppc's have been nerfed to no end i dont know how you can say there still broken. not to mention that the alfa nerf is going to stop ppc and erppc from being fired together tomorrow with the heat nerf.jump snipers get cabin shake. mean while lrm's have been buffed with speed increase trajectory change and unlike streaks lrms hit center torso with every missle and to top that of artemis is broken as it works with out being in line of sight of the target

#39 The Mech behind you

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationGermany, Northern Baden-Württemberg

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:33 AM

View Postakpavker, on 30 July 2013 - 02:58 AM, said:

well ive lvled 39 mechs to or past elite and done over 4500 drops so i guess i havnt been around long at all hay? and once again i dont see how when lrm's can hit you while behind cover is classed as well balanced.

ok I see you have some experience -_- but I wonder why you still have so much trouble with LRMs after 4500 drops.

do you actually keep moving when you're behind cover or do you stop your mech as soon as you break LOS? You know the LRM boat can keep a lock up to 5 sec. after losing LOS + the missiles head for the last position after they lost the lock, don't you? So standing still after moving into cover won't save you.
I do this when I get lurmed. I keep moving all the time. It helps me

#40 akpavker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 332 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:01 AM

View PostNorman Kosh, on 30 July 2013 - 01:38 AM, said:

well ive lvled 39 mechs to or past elite and done over 4500 drops so i guess i havnt been around long at all hay? and once again i dont see how when lrm's can hit you while behind cover is classed as well balanced. fair enough if i get caught in the open i get what i deserve but ive played matchs lately where you get hit be hind cover then die trying to find a better hiding spot. yea lrm's are realy well balance atm.....keep telling your self that if it makes you feal better about useing the noob easy button!!

View PostNorman Kosh, on 30 July 2013 - 03:33 AM, said:

ok I see you have some experience -_- but I wonder why you still have so much trouble with LRMs after 4500 drops.

do you actually keep moving when you're behind cover or do you stop your mech as soon as you break LOS? You know the LRM boat can keep a lock up to 5 sec. after losing LOS + the missiles head for the last position after they lost the lock, don't you? So standing still after moving into cover won't save you.
I do this when I get lurmed. I keep moving all the time. It helps me

ill say it 1 more time......it dosnt matter if your moving,behind cover and/or both if theres a spotter your screewed. there is not many places in the game where the trajectory wont hit you atm if there is a spotter. i realy dont care about the damage or the fact that artemis is broken but the trajectory need to be changed.

Edited by akpavker, 30 July 2013 - 04:35 AM.

41 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 41 guests, 0 anonymous users