With All The Focus On Ppc's......

89 replies to this topic

#41 Galenit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:36 AM

LRMs: Fire them all, let skill sort them out.

View PostElfman, on 29 July 2013 - 05:59 AM, said:

Over all I really am bad with LRM's on average I ended up with after 30 matches 28.1% accuracy for 148 damage per match

What i read in the forums and can say about my own experience is:
Most lrms user are around 30% accuracy with them.

View Postakpavker, on 30 July 2013 - 04:01 AM, said:

ill say it 1 more time......it dosnt matter if your moving,behind cover  and/or both if theres a spotter your screewed
there is not many places in the game where the trajectory wont hit you atm if there is a spotter.

After 4500 drops you should know what you and your team should do in this IF ?

Edited by Galenit, 30 July 2013 - 04:45 AM.

#42 Waking One

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 427 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:45 AM

LRMs are not OP but what they need is the same change that happened to SSRMs and then increased damage tbh.

Also the whole stupid indirect fire system they have going. Should only be available with c3 computers on some mechs.

#43 Dracol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:51 AM

OP you stated you like poptarting, and that maybe why you have issues with lrms.

After taking your jump shot and falling back down, unless you move those inbound lrms will hit you even if you break Los because they head to your last known position.

Lrms are great at making poptarts make a choice:
1. stay in their nice jump position and take damage
or
2. Move from their ideal jump spot and not take damage

#44 JohnnyWayne

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:22 AM

Tbh I didn't read the first post but thats not all there is to lrms. Flightpath is too steep, most cover doesn't work properly. Moreover lrm devastate the CT of a mech under certain circumstances. Pinpoint alphas have been nerfed but this is still there. It deserves a fix too.

With 12v12 the situation will worsen. Why? Because of the massive amount of spotters lrm user will get there. You'll see.

If lrm get the same threatment like ssrms it probably will hit lights most. Their leg amor will be gone in no time.

Edited by JohnnyWayne, 30 July 2013 - 06:25 AM.

#45 StandingCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:26 AM

LRMs are in the best place they have been in a long time. The only change I would make is to have them target the CT less often, kinda like the same change that was made to SSRMs. In doing that though LRMs might need a slight increase to speed or a very slight damage increase.

But, yea, overall LRMs are just about in the right spot.

#46 akpavker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 332 posts
  • Locationsydney australia

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

View PostDracol, on 30 July 2013 - 05:51 AM, said:

OP you stated you like poptarting, and that maybe why you have issues with lrms.

After taking your jump shot and falling back down, unless you move those inbound lrms will hit you even if you break Los because they head to your last known position.

Lrms are great at making poptarts make a choice:
1. stay in their nice jump position and take damage
or
2. Move from their ideal jump spot and not take damage

this is correct and i am aware of it.though some times moving from that ideal spot leaves you in the open any way.

#47 akpavker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 332 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

View PostJohnnyWayne, on 30 July 2013 - 06:22 AM, said:

Tbh I didn't read the first post but thats not all there is to lrms. Flightpath is too steep, most cover doesn't work properly. Moreover lrm devastate the CT of a mech under certain circumstances. Pinpoint alphas have been nerfed but this is still there. It deserves a fix too.

With 12v12 the situation will worsen. Why? Because of the massive amount of spotters lrm user will get there. You'll see.

If lrm get the same threatment like ssrms it probably will hit lights most. Their leg amor will be gone in no time.

glade to see some 1 understands my argument

Edited by akpavker, 30 July 2013 - 03:49 PM.

#48 akpavker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 332 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

View PostStandingCow, on 30 July 2013 - 06:26 AM, said:

LRMs are in the best place they have been in a long time. The only change I would make is to have them target the CT less often, kinda like the same change that was made to SSRMs. In doing that though LRMs might need a slight increase to speed or a very slight damage increase.

But, yea, overall LRMs are just about in the right spot.

for all i care they can increase speed and damage aslong as the trajectory, artemis and CT issues are addressed

#49 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

View Postakpavker, on 29 July 2013 - 05:49 AM, said:

with all the attention the dev's have poored into nerfing PPC's i think they have forgoten that LRM's are overpowered in a ******** way. with the current trajectory lrm's move in there is no way of hiding from them and they hit center torso with basicly every missle unlike sreaks which have also been nerfed. artemis is buged and works with no line of sight and from what i can make of this the devs are not doing a dam thing about this!!!! not to mention in the average match these days i see around 3 misslie boats supported with goofy builds like atlases or highlanders carrying 2 ppc's and some lrm's. all i used to see was people complaining saying stuff like "PPC warrior".......funny how fast it has now become LRM warrior.!!!!

LOLOLOL YOU THINK THIS IS LRM WARRIOR? You have seen nothing my friend... ..not sure about LRM's just hitting the torso, from my experience they always seem to do scattered damage. Im not really a fan at all, my best builds all get the best damage from ballisitcs tbh. Just need to use cover more.. ..or step to the left..

#50 akpavker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 332 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 30 July 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

LOLOLOL YOU THINK THIS IS LRM WARRIOR? You have seen nothing my friend... ..not sure about LRM's just hitting the torso, from my experience they always seem to do scattered damage. Im not really a fan at all, my best builds all get the best damage from ballisitcs tbh. Just need to use cover more.. ..or step to the left..

read the whole thread tool....not just the first post!

#51 JohnnyWayne

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:15 PM

View Postakpavker, on 30 July 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

glade to see some 1 understands my argument

Oh, I say this since the first 12v12 test but people always kept flameing about me being a noob. Espacially those who I never dropped with and I drop with seemingly high elo players on regular basis...

Oh well, I don't want to discuss this anymore, the same *******, that claimed lrm were fine a year ago, will show up and cry like babys about anything thats not their opinion.

Edited by JohnnyWayne, 30 July 2013 - 04:17 PM.

#52 JingleHell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:24 PM

View PostJohnnyWayne, on 30 July 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

Oh, I say this since the first 12v12 test but people always kept flameing about me being a noob. Espacially those who I never dropped with and I drop with seemingly high elo players on regular basis...

Oh well, I don't want to discuss this anymore, the same *******, that claimed lrm were fine a year ago, will show up and cry like babys about anything thats not their opinion.

Since last time I said this in this thread, I got accused of being an LRM noob, and it looks like anyone agreeing with the OP is incapable of believing that people who disagree don't use LRMs...

Posted Image

Oh look, I can't stand the things. I've done a LOT more with the LBX than with any LRMs. Or all LRMs. They're boring.

In short, dodge, mount AMS, break locks, stand behind something vertical, or take cover behind the Atlas.

#53 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:41 PM

View Postakpavker, on 30 July 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

read the whole thread tool....not just the first post!

Uhh I have? And? My post is a response to the original post. What of it? It is true, LRM's used to be much much worse than what they are at now.. ..they barely scratch now unless they are boated, but that is being dealt with with damage linking between LRM10's, 15's and 20's.. ..so will probably see EVEN FEWER LRM's than before. LRM's are not really a problem at all.

#54 akpavker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 332 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:51 PM

View PostJingleHell, on 30 July 2013 - 04:24 PM, said:

Since last time I said this in this thread, I got accused of being an LRM noob, and it looks like anyone agreeing with the OP is incapable of believing that people who disagree don't use LRMs...

Posted Image

Oh look, I can't stand the things. I've done a LOT more with the LBX than with any LRMs. Or all LRMs. They're boring.

In short, dodge, mount AMS, break locks, stand behind something vertical, or take cover behind the Atlas.

i have allready made replys to people saying "get out of the way,dont go out in the open and step to the left" read the whole tread. and yes i agree lrm's are boring to play.

View Postakpavker, on 29 July 2013 - 08:25 PM, said:

there is one problem with this picture.......there is no spotter and sorry but it is broken becaue when i stand behind a 10 story building for cover the lrm's shouldnt be hiting me

#55 Sheraf

• Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

View Postakpavker, on 29 July 2013 - 05:49 AM, said:

with all the attention the dev's have poored into nerfing PPC's i think they have forgoten that LRM's are overpowered in a ******** way. with the current trajectory lrm's move in there is no way of hiding from them and they hit center torso with basicly every missle unlike sreaks which have also been nerfed. artemis is buged and works with no line of sight and from what i can make of this the devs are not doing a dam thing about this!!!! not to mention in the average match these days i see around 3 misslie boats supported with goofy builds like atlases or highlanders carrying 2 ppc's and some lrm's. all i used to see was people complaining saying stuff like "PPC warrior".......funny how fast it has now become LRM warrior.!!!!

Try to play around with LRM more to know how to deal with them. They are not that hard to hide from. Do you consider build your own so called LRM boat to win the match? Good luck with that

#56 JingleHell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:53 PM

View Postakpavker, on 30 July 2013 - 04:49 PM, said:

i have allready made replys to people saying "get out of the way,dont go out in the open and step to the left" read the whole tread. and yes i agree lrm's are boring to play.

There's a boundary line between "Opinion" and "Factually incorrect". Your responses to those statements tend to not be within spitting distance of "Opinion".

Go check the first response your thread got, and your rather rude (and also factually incorrect) response to me. There are counters involving the skill cap. There's equipment that helps mitigate some of it. They require Artemis (reducing boating) to CT spam you, and someone has to be getting shot at to spot you.

They aren't a problem, just dodge them.

#57 akpavker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 332 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

View Postakpavker, on 30 July 2013 - 04:01 AM, said:

well ive lvled 39 mechs to or past elite and done over 4500 drops so i guess i havnt been around long at all hay? and once again i dont see how when lrm's can hit you while behind cover is classed as well balanced. fair enough if i get caught in the open i get what i deserve but ive played matchs lately where you get hit be hind cover then die trying to find a better hiding spot. yea lrm's are realy well balance atm.....keep telling your self that if it makes you feal better about useing the noob easy button!!

ill say it 1 more time......it dosnt matter if your moving,behind cover and/or both if theres a spotter your screewed. there is not many places in the game where the trajectory wont hit you atm if there is a spotter. i realy dont care about the damage or the fact that artemis is broken but the trajectory need to be changed.

#58 JingleHell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

If you see a light standing still to spot you, shoot him. If he's moving, pick a direction that cuts his line of sight. If you can't do either of those or reach cover that's A: vertical and B: taller than your mech, you were in the wrong place to begin with and have nobody to blame but yourself. If you have to eat one volley in the process of escaping, twist your least damaged armor into it.

If you're moving 85+kph, move perpendicular to the enemy (should anyways) and when the missiles are close, turn towards them to mitigate some of the damage.

#59 JohnnyWayne

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:35 AM

View PostJingleHell, on 30 July 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

If you see a light standing still to spot you, shoot him. If he's moving, pick a direction that cuts his line of sight. If you can't do either of those or reach cover that's A: vertical and B: taller than your mech, you were in the wrong place to begin with and have nobody to blame but yourself. If you have to eat one volley in the process of escaping, twist your least damaged armor into it.

1. Shoot him, well yes. Do that with 4-6 chainfired lrm 10 shakeing the **** out of your mech. Not like its already hard enough to hit them even without it.
2. Cover currently has to be bigger than your mech AND vertical... If we mean the same thing. Thats pretty rare on 50% of the maps you know.
3. Wrong place? Thats probably true in the former alphastrike and **** gameplay. What about dps mechs that NEED to stand in the open?

Cover needs to be cover and lrms can't be allowd to be the new 4/6 PPC stalkers, even if it's just occasionaly.

Edited by JohnnyWayne, 31 July 2013 - 03:43 AM.

#60 akpavker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 332 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:35 AM

View PostJingleHell, on 30 July 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

If you're moving 85+kph, move perpendicular to the enemy (should anyways) and when the missiles are close, turn towards them to mitigate some of the damage.

who said the light is standing still.....you tryed taking down a moving spider latley?they just run around taking next to no damage

View PostJohnnyWayne, on 31 July 2013 - 03:35 AM, said:

1. Shoot him, well yes. Do that with 4-6 chainfired lrm 10 shakeing the **** out of your mech. Not like its already hard enough to hit them even without it.
2. Cover currently has to be bigger than your mech AND vertical... If we mean the same thing. Thats pretty rare on 50% of the maps you know.
3. Wrong place? Thats probably true in the former alphastrike and **** gameplay. What about dps mechs that NEED to stand in the open?

Cover needs to be cover and lrms can't be allowd to be the new 4/6 PPC stalkers, even if it's just occasionaly.

yea john people think matchs can be won while hiding in a cave i guess

View PostKAT Ayanami, on 31 July 2013 - 04:28 AM, said:

I think the only noob here is you with your first post.

sounds like another lrm noob thats to blind to see the basic facts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users