Why Cant I Use 4 Ppc?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Ironmzn

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:21 PM

i saw on a youtube video that it can work, know its a month ago, did they see it as that big a problem so that if you fire 4 ppc you overheat instantly?

#2 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

You can use four ppcs, just dont fire them all at once (make two groups of two ppcs, fire one, wait a couple of seconds and fire the other.)

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:27 PM

A recent balancing change went in to severely affect firing multiple PPCs at the same time. firing 4 PPCs was never very fair.

You can fire two PPCs at the same time with no penalty. Fire two, wait at least .5 of a second, then fire the other two. you can also chainfire (which fires at an interval of .5 seconds) to fire four of them in sequence.

You can read the game's Lead Designer explaining the math over here in the Command Chair http://mwomercs.com/...cale-the-maths/

Edited by Redshift2k5, 29 July 2013 - 03:29 PM.

#4 Zphyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 703 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:27 PM

You can use as much as you want, many still use 4PPC. And yes, they did see this build, alongside a few others, as problematic - and they kind of were. No idea if it now overheats immediately, as I don't use 4PPC.

Edited by Zphyr, 29 July 2013 - 03:28 PM.

#5 Ironmzn

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

thanks, i thought it was a bug at first because i would use 2 on a hunchback and have no issues but go up to an assault and insta overheat seemed a bit much

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users